Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark Not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a response from Tesla to say Auto Park needs updating to work.
Does everyone else have the same problems?

Good morning Ian, thank you for the additional information. I can see no hardware issues at your provided time stamp and all cameras report a clear view.

Starting with firmware 2021.44.6, Auotpark has changed and reports suggest that parallel parking capabilities have reduced. This will improve with future updates. Thank you for your patience in the mean time.

Is there any further I can assist you with?

Kind regards,
Rob. Tesla Service.

What happened to autopark? It is useless nowadays while I used to be impressed by it.
The base autopark still works fine - putting the car in Park and then double-pressing the Park button. The parking space / parallel parking autopark seems to want more "help" than it used to. I find that driving slowly by spots used to give me the P symbol, but now I have to drive slowly past an open spot and then put it in reverse, like I'm going to manually back into the spot - then the autopark comes up and I can press Start to take over.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I haven’t seen any auto park display offering on my 21 Plaid. Never saw it on my 2017 90D. Don’t see anything in controls to activate. Am I missing a setting/button somewhere?
You have to have EAP or FSD, and drive slowly (they claim less than 15MPH, but I found around 5MPH works better) next to well-marked, empty parking spots. Older versions were more consistent with bringing up the letter P in the lower right corner of visualization. You press that P and it would ask you to shift into reverse and then it would take over. Newer versions (after 10.11) are less consistent, and many times I drive slowly past the parking spot and then shift into reverse and it offers it to me.

Autopark was so impressive a couple years ago. Now it is horrible and in particular parking space detection. Can't figure out if it is due to Tesla messing up the firmware or in my case due to the more complex firmware that is now too much for hw2.5 to handle.