Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 2.0 Limitations - Is this normal or should I take it in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I am not sure if this is the correct place to post?

I picked up Model X on June 19 and the autopilot features calibrated in about 200kms or a little less. The majority of this driving was all highway with excellent road markings.

I was told that the autopilot reads the speed limit and displaces it on the instrument panel. I am in Canada and the display does not agree with the posted speed limit. From my basic calculation, it is reading the signs and assumes they are in Mike's and then converts them to kms and displays this result on the instrument panel. For example, if the maximum speed is 100kms posted, the instrument panel is displaying maximum speed 161 which 100 mph converted to kmph.

Does anyone know if this is being worked on? Not a concern as it appears to only be information at this point in time and from what I can tell has no effect on autopilot, maybe because I am not close to it's displayed maximum speed!

A different issue, yesterday when I was driving home on the highway using autopilot, I was using the lane change assist function when it gave me a warning and dropped out and instructed me to take over. This was not an issue. The message I was getting was Autopilot was temporarily unable. After about 20-40kms it returned. However, I could not get the lane change asset to work - any thoughts or suggestions?
Don't know about the latter, but in AP2 Autopilot does not read speed signs yet.