Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 Updates Pending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I have been waiting for my X for 2 years and don't expect to see it this year, but I guess your dad ordered a S.
Yeah he ordered the S. If you are the Simon I think you are, I'm assuming you being a pseudo Tesla celebrity would put you right at the top of the RHD model X list. The fact that the Model X's that were part of the Australian launch were LHD doesn't fill me with confidence of any RHD production this year. And I think they will launch in HK + UK before Aus.

The distance between your expectations and reality are approximately equal to your disappointment. You have control over one of those things, and no control over the other. I have to think you're either willfully setting yourself up for disappointment, or you have no experience with Elon's "estimates."

I don't think he is disappointed, I think he is irritated. I have zero expectations, but still have to wonder WTF is with the Twitter activity. It's a blog...the whole point is that it is a quick, less-formal format. Just keep your Twitter mouth shut for crying out loud, until the damn thing is done.

If it's really not just a stock manipulation, then we may need a clinical term for habitual over promise, under deliver behavioral problems.

I don't think people would really care much, except there are many trying to time their orders to make sure they are in the AP2.0 hardware window. That is perfectly understandable since a trivial delay of a week or two could mean a huge difference in functionality (and future resale).

Reactions: Matias and number12
I don't think he is disappointed, I think he is irritated. I have zero expectations, but still have to wonder WTF is with the Twitter activity. It's a blog...the whole point is that it is a quick, less-formal format. Just keep your Twitter mouth shut for crying out loud, until the damn thing is done.

If it's really not just a stock manipulation, then we may need a clinical term for habitual over promise, under deliver behavioral problems.

I don't think people would really care much, except there are many trying to time their orders to make sure they are in the AP2.0 hardware window. That is perfectly understandable since a trivial delay of a week or two could mean a huge difference in functionality (and future resale).
Maybe so. It's probable that I've just moved past the point of irritation, having followed this type of thing for so long.

Remember this - he said nothing about Autopilot 2.0. He said he's going to talk about extending the abilities of the existing suite with 8.0 and 8.1. So don't expect to see some kind of timing on AP 2.0 in the blog.

Reactions: Falkirk and Matias
Yeah he ordered the S. If you are the Simon I think you are, I'm assuming you being a pseudo Tesla celebrity would put you right at the top of the RHD model X list. The fact that the Model X's that were part of the Australian launch were LHD doesn't fill me with confidence of any RHD production this year. And I think they will launch in HK + UK before Aus.
You must have me confused with someone else I am just keen to get my new vehicle and thanks to the crew on this forum I know it will be worth the wait!
I nearly went for a S to avoid the delay, but good things always take time. I won't be holding my breath for autopilot 2 that's for sure.

You must have me confused with someone else I am just keen to get my new vehicle and thanks to the crew on this forum I know it will be worth the wait!
I nearly went for a S to avoid the delay, but good things always take time. I won't be holding my breath for autopilot 2 that's for sure.
Sorry, thought you were the Internet Simon who drove his roadster a record distance through the desert.

Still no update, at least I haven't seen one. Now if some Joe Blow would tweet an announcement, who cares, but this is the CEO of one of the hottest and largest car manufacturers in the world. Maybe I'm old school, but I don't think he should have tweeted it from the beginning, but release a press release. Not a very professional picture on his Twitter account either.

And then not following up, not once, but twice, is highly unprofessional IMHO. As an investor I'm very concerned in the case something would happen to Musk. Looks like he's running this shop by himself, literally. Did no one at Tesla give him a hint to at least 'tweet' a quick update on the release?

I'm looking to lease the 100 for two years, and only have time until the 12th to make my decision. The main reason I want the car is Autopilot. But I heard that Tesla may scale back AP quiet a bit...So I was excited to hear about the updates and waited, and waited and waited. Maybe he's not releasing the info because Tesla is indeed scaling AP back a lot due to accidents and he doesn't want to lose the 2 year leases that have until the 12th?

Still no update, at least I haven't seen one. Now if some Joe Blow would tweet an announcement, who cares, but this is the CEO of one of the hottest and largest car manufacturers in the world. Maybe I'm old school, but I don't think he should have tweeted it from the beginning, but release a press release. Not a very professional picture on his Twitter account either.

And then not following up, not once, but twice, is highly unprofessional IMHO. As an investor I'm very concerned in the case something would happen to Musk. Looks like he's running this shop by himself, literally. Did no one at Tesla give him a hint to at least 'tweet' a quick update on the release?

I'm looking to lease the 100 for two years, and only have time until the 12th to make my decision. The main reason I want the car is Autopilot. But I heard that Tesla may scale back AP quiet a bit...So I was excited to hear about the updates and waited, and waited and waited. Maybe he's not releasing the info because Tesla is indeed scaling AP back a lot due to accidents and he doesn't want to lose the 2 year leases that have until the 12th?
Apparently they are making significant improvements to Autopilot. So while some elements might be a little more restricted (hands on wheel), the vehicle's capability will likely be largely improved. Just get the car, you won't regret it.

Apparently they are making significant improvements to Autopilot. So while some elements might be a little more restricted (hands on wheel), the vehicle's capability will likely be largely improved.

I can't see how they can "largely improve" AP without more cameras/sensors. I can see them improving it, but I would reserve the word "largely" for new hardware.

Just get the car, you won't regret it.

Agreed.

Well, as I said, for me it's all about AP. I go skiing every weekend and it's a 3 hours plus *sugar* show driving back...in stop and go highway traffic. I really do not want to hold the steering wheel at stop and go crawls.

Honestly, I think the 100's interior and technology is a joke for a 150k car ( it's the same interior than their cheapest version for half the price, kinda insulting ), so it's 'in the know about AP or no go' ;O) , and I will buy myself a BMW 7...

I don't know how Elon musk could have done worse for q3 number by over promising and under delivering.

Don't tweet no one cares.
Release exciting stuff get a surge of new orders.
Or option C tweet you have something and mysteriously disappear and balk on two deadlines you self impose and have more people thinking of cancelling orders than people jumping on Board for $150k cars they Havnt even driven

Honestly, I think the 100's interior and technology is a joke for a 150k car ( it's the same interior than their cheapest version for half the price, kinda insulting ), so it's 'in the know about AP or no go' ;O) , and I will buy myself a BMW 7...

You're getting the premium seats, so no, the interior isn't just like the lowest cost version. It's true the interior isn't the same as other 150k cars but it has the acceleration of an 800k car and the self driving abilities of no other car.

However if AP really is the only feature you're worried about you should definitely wait until after the AP 2 announcement to order.

You're getting the premium seats, so no, the interior isn't just like the lowest cost version. It's true the interior isn't the same as other 150k cars but it has the acceleration of an 800k car and the self driving abilities of no other car.

However if AP really is the only feature you're worried about you should definitely wait until after the AP 2 announcement to order.
I think he means 60d with pup vs p100dl with same priced pup is same interior. Seems kind of weird

B
Well, as I said, for me it's all about AP. I go skiing every weekend and it's a 3 hours plus *sugar* show driving back...in stop and go highway traffic. I really do not want to hold the steering wheel at stop and go crawls.

But the 7 series autonomy is a joke compared to AP1? Your money, but that doesn't make sense to me. (Then again I can't believe anyone in their right mind would buy a 7 series over an S class).