Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 30-Day Trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went ahead and hit the button to start mine right away in case it didn't show up later when I'd want it. I'm already a little let down the price is still 3000$. Calling Tesla before they made it sound like the car had to go in and they upgrade and test everything out. In this case my car already has the software so they don't actually need to do anything. I feel like whatever is behind this push the price should have changed seeing that no one actually needs to touch or even see my car.

I went ahead and hit the button to start mine right away in case it didn't show up later when I'd want it. I'm already a little let down the price is still 3000$. Calling Tesla before they made it sound like the car had to go in and they upgrade and test everything out. In this case my car already has the software so they don't actually need to do anything. I feel like whatever is behind this push the price should have changed seeing that no one actually needs to touch or even see my car.

Thanks for the info. I left the free trial prompt opened and exited my car. Tomorrow I'll see if the option is still available.

This AM when I got in the S and closed the calendar, I did get the AUTOPILOT TRIAL. Said yes to the trial and the two displays seemed to reboot to enable the trial software. As my typical travel route is thru the town on two lane roads, I did not invoke any features. I will have to get out on a highway to see what goes on.

Glad to find out Tesla let me choose to start trial when I want it. I'm gonna try it during my parents' next visit! Hopefully Elon doesn't take it away! :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_8418.JPG
    IMG_8418.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 115
Model 3 update 32.2 last night. Left the release notes ( nothing on this one but showing prior) on the screen. This morning there was a screen saying the auto pilot trail had started with an option in small blue letters to discontinue at the cost of a reboot. Rebooted. Yet another screen showed an option to start the trial. Thanks but no thanks. At least not now.
Next month I have an eight hour round trip planned have to drive it twice on either end of a weekend. May activate it then and take the X with AP1 for comparison on the repeat.