TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AutoPilot (AP 2.5) Firmware 2018.10.4 Driving Roads with No Lane Markings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by J Roc, Apr 2, 2018.

1. J Roc

J Roc Member

I finally captured a video of AP handling a decently difficult stretch of road with no lane markings. It has curves and crests. Albeit at 30 MPH, I think it did a great job.

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 1
  2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

That's impressive... It really is considering when you think about where AP1 started...

That being said, all of that and the camera can't see a concrete barrier and drives right into it... Ugh...

Jeff

• Love x 1
  3. mblakele

mblakele DON'T PANIC

[​IMG]

4. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

It's all a matter of what they have and have not trained it to recognize. It also stops great for cars 300ft away now, but would've plowed into a patio table on I-280 if I didn't take over.

One day, it will surely have a better concept of obstacles to avoid.

5. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

My software upgrade no longer sees lane markings on parts of the road and kicks out of AP frequently. See pic. I am wondering if it is somehow losing internet connection and causing this. When it doesn't see lanes, it doesn't display cars in front of me either.

AP2018104.jpg

6. tls

tls Member

My car (2015 S85D, AP1) started doing that. About a week later the autopilot failed completely -- even cruise control would no longer engage.

Service center replaced the camera and harness under warranty.

7. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

:eek: Yikes, I hope that doesn't happen. Mine is not seeing lanes only with newest software. :(

8. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

How do I report this issue to Tesla? Is there some sort of ticket system?

9. croman

croman Active Member

Call service. Sounds like radar failure.

10. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

I want to report back. CS says I have to reboot both screens (MCUs) for some firmware updates to work correctly. Now it seems to work with lanes, radar, and AP. (where before I lost all 3 some or most of the time) I would think the reboot would be a part of the firmware push.:rolleyes:

11. oktane

oktane Active Member

Pretty cool but be careful, don't trust it.