Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot (AP 2.5) Firmware 2018.10.4 Driving Roads with No Lane Markings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1078702682_4615625972001_1511ATC-Talking-Cars-Episode-81-Still.jpg

Always keep your hands on the wheel

Be prepared to take over at any time

That's impressive... It really is considering when you think about where AP1 started...

That being said, all of that and the camera can't see a concrete barrier and drives right into it... Ugh...

Jeff

It's all a matter of what they have and have not trained it to recognize. It also stops great for cars 300ft away now, but would've plowed into a patio table on I-280 if I didn't take over.

One day, it will surely have a better concept of obstacles to avoid.

My software upgrade no longer sees lane markings on parts of the road and kicks out of AP frequently. See pic. I am wondering if it is somehow losing internet connection and causing this. When it doesn't see lanes, it doesn't display cars in front of me either.

AP2018104.jpg

My software upgrade no longer sees lane markings on parts of the road and kicks out of AP frequently. See pic. I am wondering if it is somehow losing internet connection and causing this. When it doesn't see lanes, it doesn't display cars in front of me either.
My car (2015 S85D, AP1) started doing that. About a week later the autopilot failed completely -- even cruise control would no longer engage.

Service center replaced the camera and harness under warranty.

I want to report back. CS says I have to reboot both screens (MCUs) for some firmware updates to work correctly. Now it seems to work with lanes, radar, and AP. (where before I lost all 3 some or most of the time) I would think the reboot would be a part of the firmware push.:rolleyes: