Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/AutoWipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just noticed the when driving in Autopilot that the wipers can never be switched to off. Only way to have them ‘off’ is to keep them in Auto.

However the AutoWiper system is awful. Driving in bone dry conditions last night and the wipers start and just won’t stop. Had to drive all the way home and avoid using autopilot as the squeaking and damage to the wiper blades was doing ny head in!

I’m sure it’s a new update due to the reliance on the cameras but this is daft!
Either they sort the autowipers to actually work or allow us to disengage it on Autopilot.

My car has got worse.

I’ve just noticed the when driving in Autopilot that the wipers can never be switched to off. Only way to have them ‘off’ is to keep them in Auto.

However the AutoWiper system is awful. Driving in bone dry conditions last night and the wipers start and just won’t stop. Had to drive all the way home and avoid using autopilot as the squeaking and damage to the wiper blades was doing ny head in!

Either they sort the autowipers to actually work or allow us to disengage it on Autopilot.

My car has got worse.
Did you try spraying the window? Assume there was something on the camera.

Reactions: Adopado

Did you try spraying the window? Assume there was something on the camera.
Yes, it can be worth having a washing-up sponge in the car (the ones with the "gentle" nylon abrasive pad on one side that you can use on non-stick pans). They are fine to use on glass without leaving scratches and are good at removing marks from squashed insects... which is sometimes the source of auto dry wiping. Spray the camera area in the centre of the windscreen and give a rub. [ @Mr Speirs please don't come back with "I shouldn't have to do this, it's ridiculous" ... yes, we know ... and we feel your pain.]

Reactions: M1tch and robmcm

My car has got worse.

Take it out of autopilot touch the stalk to bring up wipers then turn it off

Yes, it can be worth having a washing-up sponge in the car (the ones with the "gentle" nylon abrasive pad on one side that you can use on non-stick pans). They are fine to use on glass without leaving scratches and are good at removing marks from squashed insects... which is sometimes the source of auto dry wiping. Spray the camera area in the centre of the windscreen and give a rub. [ @Mr Speirs please don't come back with "I shouldn't have to do this, it's ridiculous" ... yes, we know ... and we feel your pain.]
When do you consider to be the widescreen?