Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st post! I've only had my car (P100d) for a couple weeks. More on that to follow. My car was one of the initial 1000 to get the initial AP2 release (250.185) but just received the latest update a few hours ago. It downloaded in less than 10 minutes. Rev is listed as 17.3.2. Just got back from a short test drive. Not much is different - auto steer was increased from 35 to 45 mph. It only works on restricted highways like interstates and toll roads, so at a 45mph max it really isn't safe to use, without risk of being rear ended. Auto dim of headlights still don't work, nor does auto windshield wipers. Hopefully that comes with 8.1. I was also hoping for some media player improvements but that wasn't touched either.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865 and Ulmo
This wide release of AP still sounds like a giant teaser. Keeping my fingers crossed that they release a useable AP quickly. The disclaimer about being in Beta for hundred million miles is not concerting. That will take 2-3 years.

Update completed successfully. WOOT!

IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1472.JPG

Sucks. Nothing here, and I was one of the first to get the previous .120 and .180 updates so figured the car would always be one of the first when it came to software updates but not this time. Hopefully it will be there when I wake up in the morning.

Update was successful and there was no need for calibration, worked on the first drive. Headed for the freeway abou 2 miles from the house and tried Autosteer with mixed reaction. It seemed to bounce in the lane quite a bit (the IC graphic was even worse, super jittery) and it surprised me how much resistance there is to the steering wheel, you really have to put some force on the wheel to correct the steering or change lanes (at which point is disengages). I think I was expecting more of an experience like in my wife's new E300 where the system does not activate if you do a lane correction, or even a lane change, and there is much less resistance to the steering wheel. Her car also has no restrictions on road type or speed of any kind (even on surface streets) but it does nag the hell of out you every 20 seconds or so.

I wonder how long the 45 MPH limit and the freeway limit will be in place...a couple of weeks?