Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are correct, and I was.

TACC does in fact work all the way down to 0 and back up again. I am not sure WHAT I was doing when it didn't, but careful testing showed it will follow a lead car to 0 then back up to traffic speed--then I went back to the release notes, and could not find anything about a 5 mph limitation, so I don't know where I got that one.

Interestingly, it seems that when TACC is OFF, the car loses the ability to see the cars ahead at around 5 mph, which DOESN'T happen when TACC (or AutoSteer) is engaged.

I also had the interesting experience of coming up on an intersection with TACC on, and having it "see" the cross traffic for a moment. The little car icons crossed the dashboard perpendicular to the lane markers (I couldn't tell which way they were oriented, as I was watching to see if/when I needed to stop...)

I believe you can't engage TACC under 5 mph. But once engaged it will work from 0-75 ( was 90 previously).

The Lane display goes biserk at intersections. I guess the need to update the software to handle intersections.

Also my hunch is there has to be some additional drain on the battery using the radar, so perhaps they are optimizing it if you are not using TACC at low speeds? Probably a small gain especially when auto emergency braking probably has to use it all the time.

I got 17.3.15 as well this morning at 4am. There is no difference in the release notes. Maybe certain cars were held back on getting 17.3.2 to compare? I've had wifi connections constantly and no update and then this new version comes out and I get it right away? I've always gotten updates quickly so this latest round was an aberration and I think there was a purpose to it.

Attachments

• 17.3.15.1.jpg
    17.3.15.1.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 17.3.15.2.jpg
    17.3.15.2.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 17.3.15.3.jpg
    17.3.15.3.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 17.3.15.4.jpg
    17.3.15.4.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 17.3.15.5.jpg
    17.3.15.5.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 17.3.15.6.jpg
    17.3.15.6.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 64
This happened to me too. AP2 does not detect cars in adjacent lanes therefore cars merging into your lane can be a close call. I also had an instance of a large truck next to me and AP2 was way too close considering such a large vehicle was next too me.

My AP2 was detecting cars in adjacent lanes as they began to pull into my lane. It slowed rather abruptly. Once or twice it threw in the red car of death and chime but it appeared in the IC as a car pulling into my lane (turned from black to white as radar locked on).

For me, TACC and autosteer have been working quite well. They are by no means perfect, but when the car will actually allow me to use the features, I have been impressed. For the past couple of days, I have had some drives in traffic where I set the following distance at 3 and autosteer/TACC have performed admirably, even with cars somewhat abruptly changing lanes in front of me. I can see the apprehension some have -- while I would start slowing down when I notice a car coming over into my lane, autosteer/TACC waits until the car is clearly in the lane and then begins slowing down. The deceleration is much more gentle than my Mercedes, which often decelerates quite rapidly in similar situations.

My issue is I still get random notices that driver assistance features are unvailable, and I can't figure out why! The message often goes away after starting the drive, but occasionally, autosteer won't be available for the whole trip, even if it is a clear day with speeds below 45mph and the car appears to be recognizing the lane markings. Once, it wouldn't even let me use CC for a 50 mile trip and there was an angry notification at the bottom of the IC for the whole drive stating the cruise control was unavailable.

I hope the next update fixes these issues...

I was stuck on 2.52.20 and never got the 17.3.2 update. I did a reset last night so maybe that helped. I think this is the 17.3.15 update. We'll know soon.

FWIW, I still never receive notifications on any of my Android devices when there's an update available. Every update so far has been a surprise when I get in the car.
I did get the notification that the software update completed. Odd how I never get the notifications that a software update is available.

Finally got 17.3.15 this morning via LTE. Upgraded from 2.52.120, did not get 17.3.2. Used it on my commute to work (~25miles) and works very well. TACC is amazing, did not have any issues. While on autosteer, I felt the car was hugging the right side a lot. Had to take over twice. There was direct sunlight on the camera which I guess added to the issues everyone else is having. The lanes in the instrument cluster are NOT stable at all. They keep jumping around and so does the car ahead of me.

Finally got 17.3.15 this morning via LTE. Upgraded from 2.52.120, did not get 17.3.2. Used it on my commute to work (~25miles) and works very well. TACC is amazing, did not have any issues. While on autosteer, I felt the car was hugging the right side a lot. Had to take over twice. There was direct sunlight on the camera which I guess added to the issues everyone else is having. The lanes in the instrument cluster are NOT stable at all. They keep jumping around and so does the car ahead of me.

I have the wavy lines but the car in front of me was stable constantly. I did notice a couple random cars that didn't exist appear in the corners of the IC (and rapidly disappear as if going into warp drive). No cars actually existed in those areas and I'm not sure what AP was seeing.