Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The logical consecutive numbers exist, but not all of them make it out to production.

Also, sequence-bsed numbering (where x.15 comes after x.2) is vital because otherwise you'd have releases like:

etc.

It's better all around to go:

which is why it's standard practice.

For the curious: Software versioning - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
The logical consecutive numbers exist, but not all of them make it out to production.

Also, sequence-bsed numbering (where x.15 comes after x.2) is vital because otherwise you'd have releases like:

etc.

It's better all around to go:

which is why it's standard practice.

For the curious: Software versioning - Wikipedia

Never looked at it from the perspective of not all versions make it out of production - makes a whole lot more sense now.

So in theory, version 17.3.2 came out...then Tesla did internal testing of 17.3.3, 17.3.4, 17.3.5...and then 17.3.15 was finally the one that worked right, and was released.

*Mind blown* :p

Reactions: feslatan
I just got the update today. Did not see anything regarding calibration. However, I did see the wavy lines and what I would call "over senstive" to side objects that is causing TACC to suddenly slow. Could be dangerous if someone is following too close. I think it is best not to use TACC in that case until they have corrected.

Last edited:
FYI: My car was taking multiple hours of driving to calibrate, so I opened a bug report with [email protected], inspired by a previous post here. I specifically suggested that they have a progress bar or other indication of the calibration process, so owners would not be in the dark about the process.

I got a response within 24 hours, and then a check as to whether AP was yet working. On my next drive (Wed.), my wife noticed that the cruise control circle icon was back on the IC, and then I noticed the road edges were being detected. There was no other notice.

TACC was working pretty much as expected (my wife's car is AP1), but I could not get AutoSteer to engage on any road, despite finding a four-lane divided highway stretch that was congested enough to have traffic below 60 km/h.

So I filed another reply to the same email thread with Tesla, and got a further query asking for exact parameters of the failure: time of day, city, road, direction, weather. I replied back, but have not heard further.

So Tesla really cares about our experiences and is seeking input on any observed anomalies. Please don't just post here, let them know directly at [email protected]!

I just got the update today. Did not see anything regarding calibration. However, I did see the wavy lines and what I would call "over senstive" to side objects that is causing TACC to suddenly slow. Could be dangerous if someone is following too close. I think it is best not to use TACC in that case until they have corrected.
I tried TACC on the freeway. It works much better there then on the streets. Autosteer is next.