Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot nag gone??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No science proof but yes I do. Anything that causes the car to drift left or right requiring the cameras correct path have the same result as tugging the wheel. If the system is correcting I believe it assumes it’s due to the driver. Also speculate that a miss adjustment in the service menu steering might be reason some have less frequent nags. Again, few will eliminate the nag but several conditions seem to minimize it drastically depending on the road condition.
In theory perhaps but clearly not in reality.

Hi,
I have a 2019 M3LR. Standard autopilot. I just drove my buddys 2023 M3RWD. Standard autopilot. We were driving it done the road for about 3 minutes on autopilot…. No nag at all. I didn’t understand why. Drove a bit more. Never ever nagged him.

How is this possible? Am I missing something? Both of us are on the same software version. Both standard autopilot.

Thank you.
not sure what the issue is, but as of today, no, the nag is still there in all firmware versions.

On V11.3.3, I was driving straight on a well marked main road with no traffic, going 45 mph, and I was able to go eye's on/hands-off for several minutes before it nagged me. So it does seem like maybe they reduced the nags a bit in certain conditions.

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg and KArnold
I’m definitely getting less nags now - actually none in my last few drives. It was bad enough before that I pretty much stopped using lane assist. Now I can hold the steering wheel with a normal grip, and I don’t get any nag prompts from the car. Such a relief, and for the first time, I find it useable.

Reactions: PACEMD and JohnB007
I’m definitely getting less nags now - actually none in my last few drives. It was bad enough before that I pretty much stopped using lane assist. Now I can hold the steering wheel with a normal grip, and I don’t get any nag prompts from the car. Such a relief, and for the first time, I find it useable.
Seems the cameras are a bit more involved, the steering wheel sensors a bit less.

We bought an Austin built MY AWD 279 mile (no enhanced or FSD) end of March.
Autopilot would nag every 40 seconds or so the first 3 months.
Recently no nags at all. I can even go for 10 minutes on a windy mountain road. GF tried turning around to look at back seat and it still stayed engaged.

Autopilot still crosses the double yellow way to easily on tight corners. And it gets confused when the lines disappear on the two lane highway or left turn lanes appear. I usually have to take over to prevent a crash or going out of the lane. We had stopped using it because the nags were too annoying and only discovered no nags when showing auto pilot to a friend.

I follow Tesla news pretty closely and only searched on this because I hadn't heard of any nag updates except Elon mode in the news.

The only thing I can think of that changed was I turned on the Safety Score in the phone app after getting Tesla insurance. Our score is 92 ATM.

We bought an Austin built MY AWD 279 mile (no enhanced or FSD) end of March.
Autopilot would nag every 40 seconds or so the first 3 months.
Recently no nags at all. I can even go for 10 minutes on a windy mountain road. GF tried turning around to look at back seat and it still stayed engaged.

Autopilot still crosses the double yellow way to easily on tight corners. And it gets confused when the lines disappear on the two lane highway or left turn lanes appear. I usually have to take over to prevent a crash or going out of the lane. We had stopped using it because the nags were too annoying and only discovered no nags when showing auto pilot to a friend.

I follow Tesla news pretty closely and only searched on this because I hadn't heard of any nag updates except Elon mode in the news.

The only thing I can think of that changed was I turned on the Safety Score in the phone app after getting Tesla insurance. Our score is 92 ATM.
I tested yesterday too. I get a nag under 40 secs when I drive in non-highways (including rural highways). No nag for 2 mins or so if I am looking up on highways. This is FSD though.

Blocks FSD eye tracking
Also sunglasses
Nag qty drops drastically
I drive with sunglasses on all the time during the day. The experience I described above is based on sunglass used scenario. Unfortunately, I never experienced close to 10 mins, and in some cases, I intentionally looked forward all the time, and even pretended my hands are holding the steering wheel at 2 and 9.... 😅

I just tried what fasteddie7 did on city streets and it didn't work for me. I did try not to look anywhere else except the front, and tried both left and right hands very close to the wheel without touching.

Haven't had a chance to try them on highways however.