Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot nor Cruise will engage 50% or more of drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator edit). Make a service appointment. It’s obviously not normal.
(Moderator edit), we're on a tesla forum in an autopilot sub forum talking about autopilot issues, and discussing what Tesla has told us through service appointments we setup. If you don't want to contribute, fine, but (Moderator edit)

firmware or software?

any idea how many vehicles are affected by this?

No idea on number of vehicles. Here's what the tech said (verbatim): "
Hi xxxx my name is xxxxx I'm a technician with Tesla service we do have some new information for your auto pilot concerns. The issues you are experiencing are a known characteristic of the current firmware, and will be resolved in a future firmware update.This update is currently scheduled for 2022.16+, which should be rolled out in the next few weeks. This behavior and alerts cannot be mitigated with a scroll wheel reset, but will generally stop after being parked and locked for a period of time, although because the condition is intermittent they may or may not return the next drive. Please ensure the vehicle is on WiFi when possible to receive any firmware updates as soon as they are released. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phlier
(Moderator edit), we're on a tesla forum in an autopilot sub forum talking about autopilot issues, and discussing what Tesla has told us through service appointments we setup. If you don't want to contribute, fine, but (Moderator edit).

No idea on number of vehicles. Here's what the tech said (verbatim): "
Hi xxxx my name is xxxxx I'm a technician with Tesla service we do have some new information for your auto pilot concerns. The issues you are experiencing are a known characteristic of the current firmware, and will be resolved in a future firmware update.This update is currently scheduled for 2022.16+, which should be rolled out in the next few weeks. This behavior and alerts cannot be mitigated with a scroll wheel reset, but will generally stop after being parked and locked for a period of time, although because the condition is intermittent they may or may not return the next drive. Please ensure the vehicle is on WiFi when possible to receive any firmware updates as soon as they are released. "
What version is your car on currently and what type of car? Curious if its just a specific combination.

I saw someone post they were on an FSD beta release

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - the tech just called me. He said this is a fleet-wide issue and seems to be the biggest complaint they are having at the moment. They believe it’s a software problem and have it as their highest priority bug to fix. He couldn’t give an ETA on when a patch will be ready, but was very apologetic about it.

I also believe it’s a software issue as a deep sleep fixes it in my vehicle. I didn’t have this issue until after installing 2022.4.5.21.
Fleet?

Another recent thread, "Autopilot stopped working":

About 50% of the time I get in the car to go where ever the autopilot nor cruise will engage. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason to it. It has gotten worse since I have gotten on 2022.12.3.2.

The only fix is stop, have everyone get out the car and let it sit, and even then at times doesnt work.

The two button salute does nothing either?

Anybody else? About to schedule a service call.

2020 M3 Long Range.
The first time I drove after this 2022.12.3.2 update I had the same problem where cruise/auto steer wouldn't engage, would give me error with the big red steering wheel. I rebooted the car and then powered it off for 5 minutes. That seemed to fix it as I've had no problems since this happened a few days ago.

Last Thursday my M3 started not having the TACC or AP available for the first about 15-18 min of driving. The autosteer icon and the MAX SPEED will flicker on occasionally but mostly stay off. Then after that time period, the icons come on and I can use TACC and AP for the rest of the drive. Sometimes it will work right away, but most drives in the last 4 days I need to wait that long.

The display seems to be showing the cameras working fine, it displays the cars and lane lines like always.