Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know whether using the backdoor edit design link hurts in terms of delivery date? We're right up against 4 months being the end of the full tax credit and I'm waffling on changing to white from MSM. Given that people using the regular email change method have had +/- experiences with hearing anything after submitting the email, I wonder whether doing it through the backdoor link is actually better since it'll be in the system.
I used the backdoor edit button Aug 10. The dates moved forward by 1 month (Oct-Dec), then with the latest website update they went back to the original time frame of Sept-Nov. Still no vin or any contact.

I suggest you look at the code of your order page (this doesn't edit anything). It has some hidden info. For example, I found the delivery location that my DA asked for is incorrect (I've just written her to request the change). This is even though I don't have a VIN or delivery date yet.

If you don't know how to do this, here are the steps (for Google Chrome browser):
  1. Go to your account page
  2. Open the "Developer View" using Ctrl-Shift-I (or click ⁞ (menu) | More Tools > | Developer Tools)
  3. Click on the box at top right with the code
  4. Ctrl-S to search for "Delivery Details" (see first screen shot)
Now you may have to copy this code and paste into a text editor because I find the huge field isn't viewable in the browser. To do this, right-click in the code, select Copy | Copy Element, and then paste into Notepad or other editor (see second screen shot).

Hope this helps!

View attachment 329834

View attachment 329826
Cool find. Is this just to find out what they have in their system for your delivery location? I wish we could find out more this way.

@the_danimal - Yes, I reserved 01/27/18 and configured on 06/30 (primarily to capture the lifetime Premium Connectivity); I'm a non-previous owner.
@RunMadM3 Wow, Congrats. That's awesome. I reserved 7/3/17, configured 6/30/18 (black/Black/AWD/EAP/Aero), still no vin and no communication. My delivery location is Tysons Corner, VA. Fingers crossed I hear soon.

Cool find. Is this just to find out what they have in their system for your delivery location? I wish we could find out more this way.

All your data seems hidden in the page code. Delivery location was just the only one populated for me. After "DeliveryDetails" are others, such as "Expected Delivery" Date and Time, VIN, and order status. It's a big set of XML data.

Reactions: JFW1103
I used the backdoor edit button Aug 10. The dates moved forward by 1 month (Oct-Dec), then with the latest website update they went back to the original time frame of Sept-Nov. Still no vin or any contact.
hi - thanks for replying -- did you call them or do their email thing in addition to make your change or did you just edit it using the backdoor edit button?

Long time lurker first time poster!

Non-owner
Res 4/1/2016
Invite to Config with the masses 6/27/2018
Config/Ordered 6/27/2018

Config:
Base Black
Premium
Aeros
AWD (non-p)
EAP
FSD (added later)

Edit button disappeared 7/28/2018
Changed Config 8/1/2018 via email (Added FSD)
8/27/2018 - Email from ISA that Car finished production
- Confirmed that still hadnt seen FSD added- she mentioned I was still in the "modifications queue" so she removed me and forced the change order through to reflect correctly on my contract. Honored $3k price.
8/29/2018 - Delivery Appt Scheduled for 9/12/2018

I'll update my info in the spreadsheet soon.

lurking from pg 1, currently on page 63 of 133. few terms i dont know meaning of and dont want to do anything Im not supposed to. What do MSM and MVPA mean? Also saw something where someone crossed out reservation number on a screen shot. any security concerns with posting a reservation number for all to see although dont know why i would need to do that anyway? back to lurking!!

Still waiting on information. Was supposed to take delivery last Thursday, but glass roof got cracked in transit. So no waiting for replacement to arrive and delivery center to install. Been waiting all week to hear about when roof will arrive and get installed so we can take delivery. Very irritating, especially since we wired funds before finding out about crack.

Arrrgghhh... just called customer service to ask about changing colors and the woman said without hesitation that they've been told changing configurations will delay delivery by about a month. The 2-4 month time frame then goes right up against the end of the full tax credit, and all it takes is one hiccup in the production line (or me having to refuse delivery for something unacceptable) and you can imagine delivery running over into 2019. I think chances are that I would get the car before 2019, but I can't say changing from MSM->White is worth $500 extra for white + possibly $3750 for missing the end of year. I like MSM enough that I guess I'll just stick with it.

Arrrgghhh... just called customer service to ask about changing colors and the woman said without hesitation that they've been told changing configurations will delay delivery by about a month. The 2-4 month time frame then goes right up against the end of the full tax credit, and all it takes is one hiccup in the production line (or me having to refuse delivery for something unacceptable) and you can imagine delivery running over into 2019. I think chances are that I would get the car before 2019, but I can't say changing from MSM->White is worth $500 extra for white + possibly $3750 for missing the end of year. I like MSM enough that I guess I'll just stick with it.
Yup.

I thought about changing from 19s to Aeros and don’t even feel comfortable doing that.

UPDATE: VIN official!! 995xx.

Sticking with silver. No contact from IDA, but I called today to ask again about changing to blue and the rep gave me my IDA's email address. Sent Christopher an email and he called me back within minutes. Said I should be able to take delivery early next week and to give him a call in the morning to set it up! Stoked!!
Delivery set for Saturday morning! Then hopefully a trip out to Palm Springs Saturday afternoon!

VIN now shows up in my account, as does my appointment. All boxes are checked except for payment and delivery.