Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3D- is regular "performance" Model 3 variant. P3D+ is the Model 3 Performance with the performance upgrades package. Basically slightly lower, with bigger brakes and wheels, and fancy pedals. P3D+ eventually will also have a "track mode" software feature for ripping around the racetrack with better performance settings then the normal P3D- (that won't get it.)

There's talk that regardless of what Tesla says about binning certain parts, the AWD and P3D- have essentially the exact same car hardware but have different software loaded up.

• Informative
Reactions: engle and SMAlset
I would call and get it put on your account. I had the same thing, but they gave my car away. I believe they failed to update the account, so the car showed avail..
I am very confused. My account page says pay on delivery and now says please pay balance. I spoke with delivery center in Manhasset was told I could bring my check to delivery. I was already cancelled on 9-30 re scheduled for 10-30!! Got VIN over the phone and in text but vin is not listed in my account. What am I missing???

I am very confused. My account page says pay on delivery and now says please pay balance. I spoke with delivery center in Manhasset was told I could bring my check to delivery. I was already cancelled on 9-30 re scheduled for 10-30!! Got VIN over the phone and in text but vin is not listed in my account. What am I missing???
In all honesty, I think at this point it's anybody's guess. I am in a very similar situation. Got VIN via text. Have been told it is in transit. Given a tentative delivery date of the 22nd. Tesla account reflects none of this. I think the account page will only be updated when the car actually reaches its delivery center and the delivery is imminent (within a couple of days.) After 3 previous delivery cancellations they will not be getting money from me ahead of time. I will take payment with me to the delivery.

Dan

In all honesty, I think at this point it's anybody's guess. I am in a very similar situation. Got VIN via text. Have been told it is in transit. Given a tentative delivery date of the 22nd. Tesla account reflects none of this. I think the account page will only be updated when the car actually reaches its delivery center and the delivery is imminent (within a couple of days.) After 3 previous delivery cancellations they will not be getting money from me ahead of time. I will take payment with me to the delivery.

Dan
I agree. AM very frustrated. Had electrician install charger and additional outlet 14-50 in anticipation.

What is MVPA? Motor Vehicle ??

Sorry, a lot of jargon around these parts...

MVPA = Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number

P3D = Performance Model 3 (Dual Motors)
PUP = Performance Upgrade Package
P3D+ = P3D and PUP
TACC = Traffic Aware Cruise Control
EAP = Enhanced Auto Pilot
FSD = Full Self Driving

MSM = Midnight Silver Metallic
MBM = Midnight Blue Metallic
SM = Silver Metallic
OBM = Obsidian Black Metallic

SA = Sales Advisor
DS = Delivery Scheduler
DA = Delivery Advisor

LM-5 = The “VIN” on Eagle, the first lunar modular to land on the moon!

Sorry, a lot of jargon around these parts...

MVPA = Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number

P3D = Performance Model 3 (Dual Motors)
PUP = Performance Upgrade Package
P3D+ = P3D and PUP
TACC = Traffic Aware Cruise Control
EAP = Enhanced Auto Pilot
FSD = Full Self Driving

MSM = Midnight Silver Metallic
MBM = Midnight Blue Metallic
SM = Silver Metallic
OBM = Obsidian Black Metallic

SA = Sales Advisor
DS = Delivery Scheduler
DA = Delivery Advisor

LM-5 = The “VIN” on Eagle, the first lunar modular to land on the moon!
PUP Premium Upgrade Package. - interior

This is what I would do. I would bin the units, keep a flag in an internal database on which AWD systems can be Performance upgraded. Only at the end do I do the upgrade (P+ obviously need to be upgraded earlier in the process). This maximizes the use of the motors and maximises flexibility in build.

Someone is getting warmer on what may be happening:) It is not to say some AWD models that have been shipped can be P models if they have inverters that have FETs that have been matched, this parts would be matched before they go on the inverters but those inverters could be used in cars that were not set up to be P cars. The inverters are not built then tested to be P inverters, they parts are tested to go on P inverter boards then marked as P inverters.

Your claims contradicts both what Elon said (if there was a difference prior to assembly then lot sorting drive units would make no sense) and what numerous owners have reported (being delivered an AWD when they ordered a P and getting a software push to make it a P)

Elon is not going to tip his hand as to how they do this exactly for obvious reasons. Hand sorting some FETs for $9K is something you need to obfuscate a bit.

Elon is not going to tip his hand as to how they do this exactly for obvious reasons. Hand sorting some FETs for $9K is something you need to obfuscate a bit.

So you're saying he explcitly lied?

Because what he actually said was drive units are lot sorted.

That'd be impossible if the actual sorting was on the FETs...since by the time it's a drive unit the "installing FETs" stage is long past, assembly-wise.

Found out my IDA has lied to me several times and that they gave my car to someone else after I paid for it in full (Texas law).
That really sucks. Glad they are getting you one ASAP. I'm curious, what are the initials of your IDA? I'm also in Texas and am waiting for a fully prepaid car. Not looking forward to making these loan payments for a car I don't have yet!

That really sucks. Glad they are getting you one ASAP. I'm curious, what are the initials of your IDA? I'm also in Texas and am waiting for a fully prepaid car. Not looking forward to making these loan payments for a car I don't have yet!
His name is Ryan, there is also a matt that is also super nice, but dishonest. they say whatever makes you feel good. but they are not capable of telling you clear, no-bull truth, the delivery supervisor my wife and I talked to yesterday reviewed the emails and was super helpful and apologized for the dishonesty and the misleading. They told me for a week that my car was waiting for a truck when it wasnt even built and didnt exist.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

Dan
It's such a damn crap shoot. I have a VIN showing up with a car in transit that's ~2 weeks out. No MVPA though. It's all so damn random and most of our FIA is due to the fact that we're trying to make sense of something that is truly nonsensical.

It's such a damn crap shoot. I have a VIN showing up with a car in transit that's ~2 weeks out. No MVPA though. It's all so damn random and most of our FIA is due to the fact that we're trying to make sense of something that is truly nonsensical.

At least you have something showing up. I'm being told there's a VIN and it's in transit, but nothing indicating that displayed on my account.