Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is slowly turning into a disaster.

Supposed to be taking delivery of a white awd tomorrow at 10am. No contact from Tesla today. Called ISA to confirm and he says car is still sitting somewhere in California.

Delivery again delayed at least a week.

On top of that, they changed the VIN, so my loan paperwork is now incorrect, but active and charging interest.

This is as bad as buying from a dealership.
Would you explain how it is you are paying for a car you don't own yet? It sounds like there is a lesson there.

Finally happening. Edit button disappeared yesterday AM. Email from ISA this AM, delivery scheduled and VIN received this afternoon via phone call.

Line waiter - 3/31/16 reservation
Owner
6/28 order
AWD(non-p)/MSM/19"/Black/FSD - delivery to Tempe, AZ. VIN *690xx

For what it's worth, when I got the email from the ISA today I read it very carefully and replied exactly as instructions requested. I included a nice sentence or two thanking her for her hard work as production ramped up and they were undoubtedly under stress. She called me back a few hours later and profusely thanked me for following directions and being polite - said I was 1 in every 200 people who were like that and tried to make it easy for her. She went out of her way to answer every question and even contacted my SC to see when the slowest time for deliveries was so I could have extra time for inspection. She indicated she would watch for my name in her email box if I had any other questions and she would reply right away. I also got her supervisors information to send in a commendation. She gladly gave me my VIN and said would track my car and call me if I could take delivery sooner.

Again, she may do this for everyone but it seems like taking an extra second to fully follow directions on the initial ISA contact and being polite goes a LONG way with them. As someone in customer service/government work, I fully understand. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Non-owners
3/31/16 6:30pm Eastern in-store reservation
4/10/18 invited to configure
6/27/18 configured AWD, red/black, 18” aero, PUP, EAP
8/11/18 edit design link disappeared
Preferred delivery location: Tysons/Tyco Rd.

It’s happening... :D

We got assigned a delivery date this evening. August 28th. :cool:

No VIN yet.

Inside Sales Agent. I think they are actually Inside Delivery Agents though.
That makes sense. Thx. The guy I scheduled my S test drive is now inside deliver agent, by official title.
For those complaining theirs hasn't reached out yet, two Tesla people have told me they are flat out. Everything I've heard about Tesla for over a year now is they go the extra mile. For a while "Customer Delight" was a thing companies strive for. Everything I've heard, Tesla delivers!

Reactions: S5S5G6
That makes sense. Thx. The guy I scheduled my S test drive is now inside deliver agent, by official title.
For those complaining theirs hasn't reached out yet, two Tesla people have told me they are flat out. Everything I've heard about Tesla for over a year now is they go the extra mile. For a while "Customer Delight" was a thing companies strive for. Everything I've heard, Tesla delivers!
wcorey I totally agree with you, I have not experienced anything but exceptional service and support these past 5+ years from Tesla Sales and Tesla Service. And today's experience with my Inside Delivery Assistant was no exception.

The newer order agreements say this. The original ones say otherwise.
My agreement says

"Order; Nonrefundable Order Payment; Changes. Once you submit your completed order, we will locate a vehicle to match your Vehicle Configuration and coordinate the shipment of the Vehicle for delivery. Your Order Payment covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs and is nonrefundable; it is not a deposit for the Vehicle. Any changes to your Vehicle Configuration, delivery location or expected delivery time after the Order Date will be difficult, if not impossible, for us to accommodate. If you want to make changes to your order, we will try to accommodate your request. If we accept your request, you will be subject to a non-refundable $500 change fee and potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location or estimated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement. "