Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I probably will go to Cleveland. I am almost equa-distant from each, but a little closer to Cleveland. I had a buddy pick up a white AWD in Cleveland this past Saturday, but, he is a previous multi-Tesla owner.
Honestly, I have seen where Texas and other states where Tesla is not officially allowed to sell having VERY long times between edit gone and actual delivery. This could very well be your issue being in Michigan.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
There's parking lots and parking lots full of produced cars, and I don't buy at all those are because of no demand, I think it's more they're producing faster than they can transport them to SCs. There's drone video of them storing cars in warehouses now instead of just in parking lots, and in all of that footage there's a pretty constant stream of trucks coming in and out.

Actually, there aren't anymore...

Tesla Model 3 Staging Sites Now Empty, Previously Had 1,000s Of Cars

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
There's another place in Lathrop that as of the 12th still had a lot of cars, but that Fremont lot being empty is a great sign!
Agreed, and with the new info that a large % of the cars pushed out when they hit their 5,000/week goal had to be reworked, I have to wonder if this is why a lot of the cars were being stored. Now that they have the issues worked out on the line to eliminate this, and the lots are starting to drain, now that those cars with issues found before shipping have been reworked.

I really think now that they're figuring out the efficiencies in production, they're learning that the logistics of shipping is just as big of a problem as production was.

There's parking lots and parking lots full of produced cars, and I don't buy at all those are because of no demand, I think it's more they're producing faster than they can transport them to SCs. There's drone video of them storing cars in warehouses now instead of just in parking lots, and in all of that footage there's a pretty constant stream of trucks coming in and out.

I also ran across this article: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/intermodal-tightness-pumps-chicago-freight-market which seems to indicate a bottleneck in Chicago, and specifically mentions west coast to east rail. I saw another thread somewhere where some people were being told their car was stuck in Chicago which is of interest as well.

I wish if that was the case they would let those of us picking up in Chicago know. I could go to IN or OH just as easy if there was a distribution problem but the lack of communication isn't helping.

I changed my configuration to white interior on the Saturday, the 19th. I just looked at my configuration page and discovered the following interesting image. It's rather amusing to see what ordering a Premium White Interior gets you;-) Not worried, I figure that they're updating my conf.
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 2.09.02 PM.png

Non-owner
Live in Southern California
Reserved: 4/2/2016 Early AM PT
Configured: 6/27/2018
Changed to White Interior: 7/24/2018
Edit button disappeared and payment method turned yellow, requesting details: 8/19/2018

LR AWD non-P
Pearl White Paint
Premium White Interior
18" Aero
EAP, FSD

Finally, it's happening!!

Update: IDA contacted me today via email verifying the info on my account.

I wish if that was the case they would let those of us picking up in Chicago know. I could go to IN or OH just as easy if there was a distribution problem but the lack of communication isn't helping.

Yeah but if the problem is a bottleneck getting it off the train in Chicago and onto trucks to go to the Chicago or Indiana or Ohio SC, then it doesn't really matter where you're willing to pick up. Not every rail yard in the country contains an intermodal facility where you can move from train to truck, ship, etc. So usually by rail they have to go to a large metro area, then go from truck there to the local delivery point. If the bottleneck is getting it off the train, delivery location doesn't really matter.

Reactions: neroden
I changed my configuration to white interior on the Saturday, the 19th. I just looked at my configuration page and discovered the following interesting image. It's rather amusing to see what ordering a Premium White Interior gets you;-) Not worried, I figure that they're updating my conf.
View attachment 327687
It appears that everybody (or at least many people) have the same thing right now

View attachment 327687

Same here. I didn't make any changes though. I'm still at the "Prepare for Delivery" stage.
20180821_175713.jpg

I haven't had the "Edit Design" link for 5 weeks, but up until just now I've been able to get to the design editor by manually entering the URL. That just stopped working. Fingers crossed!

Reservation 6/1/2018
Order 6/27/2018
Information confirmation / Edit Design gone: 7/19/2018
Solid Black Non-P AWD EAP FSD
Denver, CO

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I haven't had the "Edit Design" link for 5 weeks, but up until just now I've been able to get to the design editor by manually entering the URL. That just stopped working. Fingers crossed!

Reservation 6/1/2018
Order 6/27/2018
Information confirmation / Edit Design gone: 7/19/2018
Solid Black Non-P AWD EAP FSD
Denver, CO

...aaaand it's working again. They're just ****ing with me at this point.

The edit URL had been redirecting back to the main Account page, but it's loading the editor again now.

My "View Design Details" went blank once before then it came back up with my old, and incorrect, order with black interior. Interestingly, my main page is missing the actual car price. I'll say that this morning, I gave an inside sales manager an earful about how they are communicating with their customers...dunno if that has anything to do with anything.

Ooooffff - no soup for you!
But I have my money out, ordered concisely, and didn't look him in the eye. George Costanza would have approved. :p
Seriously, that department is a mess. I wanted to talk to a manager. I'm a shareholder also. I want the company to succeed wildly. Try calling Apple for customer service. Completely different experience. The gold standard in my book.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike