Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was reading through this thread and refreshing my order page for updates and got a call from tesla (you can only imagine my excitement).
No update on my order but they called me for a test drive for the Performance M3 as it just made it to Tampa. Im surprised i got a call this quickly, as Im sure they have a backlog of test drives. Scheduled it for tomorrow!
I did ask if there are any updates on the AWD deliveries or if any made it to Tampa and i was told "No, We're a bit backed up right now".

Im excited for the test drive tomorrow and will try to see if i can get any info in person, though i doubt it.
Im getting the same payment message as everyone else.

I was reading through this thread and refreshing my order page for updates and got a call from tesla (you can only imagine my excitement).
No update on my order but they called me for a test drive for the Performance M3 as it just made it to Tampa. Im surprised i got a call this quickly, as Im sure they have a backlog of test drives. Scheduled it for tomorrow!
I did ask if there are any updates on the AWD deliveries or if any made it to Tampa and i was told "No, We're a bit backed up right now".

Im excited for the test drive tomorrow and will try to see if i can get any info in person, though i doubt it.
Im getting the same payment message as everyone else.
Congratulations.

Reactions: EVGhost3
My Model 3 page totally changed as well and allowed me to indicate if any if the various sections needed to be corrected. After filling out the form, I received a message indicating I will be contacted within 48 hours. No new delivery date estimate just yet.

Current owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Never received configuration email but ordered within minutes of finding option available on 6/27/2018
LR, AWD, PUP, EAP, 19" wheels, Metallic Silver

View attachment 318362

This is my car, exactly what I ordered. 3/31 reservation, 5/24 config. My delivery estimate is now as of today September - November.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Is that 48 hour notification message a pop up or email?

I didn’t get anything.. My page updated around an hr ago. Now my page is down.
Just a clarification but I got the 48 hour message because I needed to update some information. If you don't need to correct anything, I think you see the screen such as @ℬête Noire: AWD delivery thread

Initially, you would see the message such as @dailo posted:
screen-shot-2018-07-19-at-11-17-15-pm-png.318325

This is my car, exactly what I ordered. 3/31 reservation, 5/24 config. My delivery estimate is now as of today September - November.
Same here.

Original 3/31 line waiter east coast. Waited for non P awd config to be available on 5/23/18 and placed order.
Delivery estimate was July - September at time of order.

Today is was updated to September - November. Not a happy camper, put down $1000 reservation for what?

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Same here.

Original 3/31 line waiter east coast. Waited for non P awd config to be available on 5/23/18 and placed order.
Delivery estimate was July - September at time of order.

Today is was updated to September - November. Not a happy camper, put down $1000 reservation for what?

Yes, we feel the same way, it's just a bummer. I like Tesla and the model 3 is very cool but this totally bummed me out. I can only hope that we get good news sooner rather than later.

My total price updated with taxes and the BS registration fees that I understood were included in the $1k delivery charge.

It now let's me select financing through Tesla which was not an option before. ( Only cash or CU before).
I don't see anything about 48 hours, and my delivery date is still Sept-Nov

Reactions: Snerruc
My total price updated with taxes and the BS registration fees that I understood were included in the $1k delivery charge.

It now let's me select financing through Tesla which was not an option before. ( Only cash or CU before).
I don't see anything about 48 hours, and my delivery date is still Sept-Nov
$1,000 Destination charge is paid to Tesla for shipping to your location.

Registration fees are paid to your state’s DMV to get plates, inspection and registration filed. Tesla doesn’t keep it.

Even an ICE dealer would charge for the same things.

Reactions: Big Earl
$1,000 Destination charge is paid to Tesla for shipping to your location.

Registration fees are paid to your state’s DMV to get plates, inspection and registration filed. Tesla doesn’t keep it.

Even an ICE dealer would charge for the same things.
But what's interesting is that my final price for the car is listed as ...lets say for example 50k on my configuration page. However the amount they show as me having to finance is 51k.

New user and first post here.

Non owner, non Employee.
Ordered and configured 7/10
Estimated delivery says sept-nov 18.
LR, PuP, Aero, EAP, FSD Deep Blue Metallic

I am really excited! I'm looking to see first if I want to go with the dark look or light look for my wheels and trim.

Will be my first new car purchase, but I have designed many Powerwall 1 and 2 systems.

Reactions: Pollux and Sg911
New user and first post here.

Non owner, non Employee.
Ordered and configured 7/10
Estimated delivery says sept-nov 18.
LR, PuP, Aero, EAP, FSD Deep Blue Metallic

I am really excited! I'm looking to see first if I want to go with the dark look or light look for my wheels and trim.

Will be my first new car purchase, but I have designed many Powerwall 1 and 2 systems.
Welcome.

I don't think you can miss out with either dark or light...

Welcome.

I don't think you can miss out with either dark or light...

I know, I'm leaning toward dark honestly. I like to stand out in a subtle way.
Drafting the plans right now for my ground mount at home.
(24) LG 310,
(2) SMA 3800 TL with sps.

I love the idea that my house and commute is powered by the energy that otherwise would have fallen on grass or weeds. Only way it could be better is if the PV structure was something I could park under lol. Just the wrong location where I am.

Just curious about something...
I am still seeing lots of people who ordered in 2016 that have yet to receive their cars, seems like some still do not have their VINS.

I ordered my M3 AWD LR on July 13, 2018, and it says my estimated delivery is Sept-Nov 2018 (2-4 months from order). The LR RWD or Performance AWD order is estimated at 1-3 months (at least that's what the order page is showing).

When I spoke to the Tesla sales rep, he was saying 3-5 months for the AWD LR, and I had to tell him that the website was saying it was only 2-4 months. He literally went to the computer and pulled up the public order page to check it himself, and was surprised.

My question: Has production increased so significantly that purchasers today can actually receive their M3s in 1-3 (or 2-4 for AWD LR) months?

I will say that Tesla was pretty accurate with the estimated delivery for my X in August, 2016... And I will add that the anticipation, and anxiousness for the M3 rivals that of my X...