Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, I'm leaning toward dark honestly. I like to stand out in a subtle way.
Drafting the plans right now for my ground mount at home.
(24) LG 310,
(2) SMA 3800 TL with sps.

I love the idea that my house and commute is powered by the energy that otherwise would have fallen on grass or weeds. Only way it could be better is if the PV structure was something I could park under lol. Just the wrong location where I am.
Did you happen to click on the link on the bottom in my signature to look at my "live" solar progress? I installed it myself.

Here’s my timeline. Got some good news last night.

Background: Current owner; NY/NJ area
Initial reservation: 3/31/16 AM (line waiter)
Initial order opportunity: 1/4/18 - deferred for AWD
Second order opportunity: 5/23/18
Order: 5/23/18 - AWD (non-P); black; aero; EAP
Delivery communication: 7/20/18 - received an email followed by a phone call and scheduled delivery for 8/4/18

Still no VIN (he said that comes within 7 days of delivery) and if you’re paying via ACH they need all funds cleared prior to delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: abasile
My Model 3 page totally changed as well and allowed me to indicate if any if the various sections needed to be corrected. After filling out the form, I received a message indicating I will be contacted within 48 hours. No new delivery date estimate just yet.

Current owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Never received configuration email but ordered within minutes of finding option available on 6/27/2018
LR, AWD, PUP, EAP, 19" wheels, Metallic Silver

View attachment 318362
48 hours and 10 minutes. Still no call...
:(

• Funny
Reactions: Ron Kerensky
I think 3rd Party Loan is the same as cash, since you hand them a check either way.

I did not order EAP.

I wonder if it is bc I elected trade-in. They need the accepted value before the final price/tax/amount due can be calculated.

Hmmmm. Newbie here. Anyone have a sense as to whether electing to do a trade-in slows down the process of getting assigned a VIN, etc?

I currently have trade-in specified but mainly because I’m curious what they will bid me for my 2012 Audi A7. I might just end up paying cash anyway.

If I click No trade-in, all cash do people think I get my car faster? Just wondering if there would be any bottleneck in assigning some dude to figure out the trade-in value and all that.

Currently shows Sept - Nov delivery window for LR AWD, EAP, 19”, Midnight Silver Mettalic.

Pre-ordered early 2017
Placed order July 13, 2018

• Funny
Reactions: Evoixse
48 hours and 10 minutes. Still no call...
:(

I'm in the same boat. I filled out the confirmation form on Thursday night and have had the 48 hours message since. Based on your location, I'm guessing you're also planning to take delivery at the service center in Littleton, CO.

I called Tesla yesterday afternoon to ask. After waiting on hold for about an hour, I was connected to someone who told me that my order was "moving along", was "no longer in the first part", and that I'd been assigned a Delivery Advisor and that's the person who will contact me to finalize my order details. He gave me the DA's first and last name but could/would not provide contact information; he said I have to wait to be contacted and that it could take 1-2 weeks.

He was unclear on whether the DA contacting me and finalizing my order was currently holding things up. First he assured me that it wasn't, and then he made a comment about how as soon as my DA finalizes the order, they'll start looking for a matching car in production and assign a VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Ok, so I ordered, on 4/20 RWD silver, sport. Got scheduled delivery within a week (low vin 17###) had issue with paint. Refused delivery, supposed to be fixed 2 more times. Finally we just cancelled the order. Reorder AWD pearl on 6/27 edit order a few times until 6/29. Last night I realized there was white interior available and changed order one final time. White, AWD, LR, white interior, sport rims, FSD. ordered on 7/23 my wife is going to be stoked on the white seats she really wanted them and thought we were going to have to settle for the black interior. (Which I like just fine btw) I’m going to surprise her with the white seats at delivery. (Going to be her daily driver)