Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked an area chart should work well. main (background) area are reservations, foreground area are % VIN assigned or % delivered. That way one chart covers everything.

I'm still not sure what you're looking for. An area chart is confusing with missing values:

upload_2018-8-23_15-16-49.png

And a stacked area chart is misleading, since these dates aren't additive:

upload_2018-8-23_15-17-55.png

How about?
upload_2018-8-23_15-20-44.png

My ‘licensed electrician’ just put in a 70A circuit to my HPWC using 6/3 Romex rated for 55A. He’s arguing that it is safe.
My friend in La Jolla CA a PhD in Engineering explained to me there is a 20% spike safety, a 70a circuit would handle 56a steady state, 70*.2 is 14, 70-14=56. For instance. The max current the M3 can use is 48a, a 60a circuit can deliver 48 at steady state. If all you get is an M3, anything above 60a is overkill. ask the price for 60a circuit, run, and breakers.

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD
Keep us posted if you find out anything when you swing by! *Fingers Crossed*
Well, I did my drive by at lunch, they wanted to know what I wanted to know. I recounted the issues I had heard about with cars missing the truck, and other such things - they told me to hang on and the guy went in back to talk to someone from delivery.

A new guy came out and said there were no issues, and they had a window at 4pm today if I wanted to come get it today instead of tomorrow, of course I said YES!. So now, I am just over 3 hours from delivery.

Red / AWD / LR / PUP - Black / EAP / 19's

Well, I did my drive by at lunch, they wanted to know what I wanted to know. I recounted the issues I had heard about with cars missing the truck, and other such things - they told me to hang on and the guy went in back to talk to someone from delivery.

A new guy came out and said there were no issues, and they had a window at 4pm today if I wanted to come get it today instead of tomorrow, of course I said YES!. So now, I am just over 3 hours from delivery.

Red / AWD / LR / PUP - Black / EAP / 19's

giphy.gif

I hope they are building White Interior with 19"s this week. We should hopefully hear something next week if that is the case.
On another note i was getting a little antsy and decided to call sales to find out if there was any progress on my account. The lady i spoke to let me know that i was assigned a DA and that he was not in yesterday(says must have been off) She even gave me his name A.C. She said there was no VIN assigned yet.

Is having a DA a good amount of progress? What are my chances of getting the car this month. As mentioned above, i am part of the Rare breed of White Interior with 19"s

I'm still not sure what you're looking for. An area chart is confusing with missing values:

View attachment 328198

And a stacked area chart is misleading, since these dates aren't additive:

View attachment 328199

How about?
View attachment 328203
You still do good work! Let me see if I can't dummy up some data and produce the chart I can attach here from the one in my head. My general thinking is this, for any given date or week of reservations, how many reservations were made that week over time a growing number of those reservations (orders after 6/28?) will be filled. So for the week of 3/27/16-4/2/16 6000 cars were reserved, as of today 3000 have had assigned vins and 1500 have been delivered. The farthest back area would be reservations, middle area would be VINs, and foreground would be delivered. So you'd need an intermediate table where each row is week number or week range, column 1 is reservations, column 2 is VINs received, column 3 is # delivered.
While neither #vins nor #delivered will never exceed #reserved (remember this is #vins and #delivered against #reserved. So each column would be #count(where date contained in week) for reserved, vin received, delivered. Such that, on a daily basis, everyone can look at the week their reservation was made and see how many, reservations from that week, have had vins assigned or been delivered. As neither can exceed reservations generally delivered will be <= reservations as well as <= vins. The resulting chart would visually be a wave over time of %completion of backlog. Lets say delivered color is green, the green mass would move from left of chart to right of chart. I think visually it would be a very simple yet dense information chart. Make sense?

So some people in the Texas forum figured out how to look up deliveries (at least for Texas, not sure about regions) via a auto transport website. It looks like my car is at the service center today! Hopefully all is good and maybe I'll get a phone call for early pickup...

I only sent in proof of the loan payment and completed down payment on 8/17 too!

updated timeline:
3/31/16 Line waiter
5/23/18 Ordered
5/24/18 Changed to Blue
8/1/18 added FSD
8/12/18 edit button gone
8/13/18 IDA contacted me to start process
8/16/18 got VIN via MVPA
8/17/18 completed final payment / sent loan info
8/23/18 car at service center
8/28/18 scheduled delivery date

LR PUP AWD FSD Blue ext Black Int
VIN 064xxx

Reactions: KJD
My ‘licensed electrician’ just put in a 70A circuit to my HPWC using 6/3 Romex rated for 55A. He’s arguing that it is safe.

6/3 Romex should be rated for 55 amps and you should never protect it with a breaker over 60 amps (you actually shouldn't protect it with a breaker over 50 amps realistically in most installs).

The breaker is there to protect the wire from overheating. If he put a 70 amp breaker in there is nothing to stop someone from accidentally pulling 70 amps on that wire, overheating it and starting a fire.

Your electrician, to me, doesn't seem too on the ball.

Are you sure he used Romex NMB type cable and not individual 6 gauge conductors in conduit?

In any event make absolutely sure that if he used 6/3 NMB cable you set the rotary switch on the HPWC to position 8, which will limit current pull to 40 continuous amps.... remember that your car is going to be pulling these very high current levels for hours and pulling too many amps on a circuit that is not properly protected can cause a short or a fire.

If he really did put a 70A breaker in with 6/3 NMB I would highly suggest you swap the breaker out, it's not very hard to do.

You can see from this table that #6 copper NMB is rated for only 55 amps, you should never protect it with anything bigger than a 60 amp breaker and I still wouldn't recommend that.

NEC-Ampacity-table.jpg

Reactions: KJD and Runt8
Received MVPA with vin from Tesla just now for me to sign. Delivery scheduled for Sept 6th. Originally told that I won't receive it until Aug 31st, but DA sent it sooner upon request. I needed this by tomorrow so that DCU could honor 2.49 that was valid until last week. My DA has been awesome with responses so far.

Haha :) Sorry (not sorry) to get mine ahead of you - if you send me the last 5 of your VIN, I can see if yours is there too, there were a lot of them staged for delivery...

No worries! — Looks like I might have to wait longer. I'll DM you the last five of my VIN, but just got the dreaded call from an IDA that left a voicemail saying they have to reschedule my delivery that was supposed to be tomorrow... :(

You still do good work! Let me see if I can't dummy up some data and produce the chart I can attach here from the one in my head. My general thinking is this, for any given date or week of reservations, how many reservations were made that week over time a growing number of those reservations (orders after 6/28?) will be filled. So for the week of 3/27/16-4/2/16 6000 cars were reserved, as of today 3000 have had assigned vins and 1500 have been delivered. The farthest back area would be reservations, middle area would be VINs, and foreground would be delivered. So you'd need an intermediate table where each row is week number or week range, column 1 is reservations, column 2 is VINs received, column 3 is # delivered.
While neither #vins nor #delivered will never exceed #reserved (remember this is #vins and #delivered against #reserved. So each column would be #count(where date contained in week) for reserved, vin received, delivered. Such that, on a daily basis, everyone can look at the week their reservation was made and see how many, reservations from that week, have had vins assigned or been delivered. As neither can exceed reservations generally delivered will be <= reservations as well as <= vins. The resulting chart would visually be a wave over time of %completion of backlog. Lets say delivered color is green, the green mass would move from left of chart to right of chart. I think visually it would be a very simple yet dense information chart. Make sense?

Just draw it, take a picture, and post. I can do it then. :)