Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me. My delivery is scheduled for 2 weeks from now, but when I signed into my Tesla account this morning it says (in big bold letters) to pay off remaining balance prior to delivery. I can click the make a payment link and it lets me pay online via my bank account. I don't want to pay too soon, and I was actually planning on bringing a cashiers check at delivery. But if I can move things along quicker by paying online...

I wonder if the car will show up sooner??

I was thinking the same! I will pay it off ASAP if that means I get to get my car quicker. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you located?

Don’t want to sit on hold to check on your order? Call right when they open! I dialed the sales line right at 10am EST and got right through.

I’m 4/3/16; 6/30/18. The rep seemed to care *mostly* about my reservation date and said that they’re prioritizing day one reservation holders over anyone else.

She said I should expect to be assigned a VIN “any day now,” and that they assign an IDA immediately as part of the VIN assignment, so it doesn’t really make sense to call to check if a VIN exists if it’s not already on the website.

UPDATE:

Red / PUP - Black / EAP / 19's / AWD
Day 1 online reservation, configured 6/27, Edit gone and emailed 8/13, Delivered 8/23

Picked the car up at 4pm in Bellevue, WA. They did 4 deliveries at once, telling everyone VERY basics about the car, and then said "These cars are more about learning how to you use them as you drive them." I've already done loads of research as most of us on the forums have, so I was fine with that, but not sure about the others.

Used the Reddit Checklist from Teslike, and found a very tiny scratch in one rear tail light cover, and a very minor blemish on the front bumper. The rest of the car was utterly perfect. The panel gaps were amazing, glass was aligned without goop everywhere, no other issues period. I was the first to leave, just put it in D and pulled out. Very effortless overall, and I had never driven in or ridden in a Model 3 before rolling out of the Service Center, though I have driven a P100D.

I am truly in love, there is zero body roll taking 20mph cloverleaf ramps at 45. Torque for days (coming from a pretty highly modified 2010 Audi S4 supercharged, so no turbo lag, and 450hp). I am like so many others, not even close to regretting this decision. Not sad at all about saving the 5 figures by going AWD over P.

Chin up everyone - it is TOTALLY worth the wait.
How’s that acceleration? Jaw dropping??

Don’t want to sit on hold to check on your order? Call right when they open! I dialed the sales line right at 10am EST and got right through.

I’m 4/3/16; 6/30/18. The rep seemed to care *mostly* about my reservation date and said that they’re prioritizing day one reservation holders over anyone else.

She said I should expect to be assigned a VIN “any day now,” and that they assign an IDA immediately as part of the VIN assignment, so it doesn’t really make sense to call to check if a VIN exists if it’s not already on the website.

I had a different experience I got my VIN by calling the sales team and then shortly after (3 days) later an ISA was assigned to me
and also gave me my VIN. However, my VIN does not appear on my Tesla page.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Located in VA. PIckup location would be Richmond VA
Same boat here, also picking up in Richmond. When is your scheduled delivery? My IDA originally had me down for 9/5, but I had a work conflict and then she penciled me in for 9/4, but unfortunately my wife couldn't make that one (she's also going to be on the title) so I am now down for 9/6. Wonder if there is any chance the cars arrive before Labor Day...

Same boat here, also picking up in Richmond. When is your scheduled delivery? My IDA originally had me down for 9/5, but I had a work conflict and then she penciled me in for 9/4, but unfortunately my wife couldn't make that one (she's also going to be on the title) so I am now down for 9/6. Wonder if there is any chance the cars arrive before Labor Day...
I called on Wednesday and found out i was assigned an IDA (Anthony C.). The person i spoke with said there was no VIN assigned so currently waiting. She also mentioned that he is probably just waiting for my VIN. Hopefully being assigned an IDA means i am close. Just waiting :(

Config: Red AWD/White with 19s

I called on Wednesday and found out i was assigned an IDA (Anthony C.). The person i spoke with said there was no VIN assigned so currently waiting. She also mentioned that he is probably just waiting for my VIN. Hopefully being assigned an IDA means i am close. Just waiting :(

Config: Red AWD/White with 19s
If the Tesla Account site is asking you to make your final payment, check the MVPA link. Mine changed when the payment ACH option was opened up, and it includes the VIN, even though the actual website doesn't list a VIN yet.

• Informative
Reactions: tich
@NetBrowned

Can you please mention if your car came with a Dual Motor badge?

It is really good on your part to be still visiting this thread instead of dumping us and driving in M3 :)

No badge, they said they are shipping them out now, and I'll get an email or call when it arrives to get it installed - they said by Nov at latest.

Don't worry I can't dump you guys and drive, I have to charge sometime!

If the Tesla Account site is asking you to make your final payment, check the MVPA link. Mine changed when the payment ACH option was opened up, and it includes the VIN, even though the actual website doesn't list a VIN yet.

Unfortunately it still just shows Order Agreement. No MVPA yet. I will probably call in to see if there is something else holding me up. I currently only have "Order" Checked on the list even though i have the information filled out for prepare for delivery

You are like the 10th person this week that has had that happen. I stick by my assessment that they over produced regular AWD + White Seats and have some sitting around ready for a taker. I think that is why they sent the reminder email about the white seats.

They probably looked at the P model and saw a 75% take in White Seats and assumed the regular AWD model would have the same.

But that is not the case because some of us regular AWD folks are a little more frugal. I don't want to pay extra for white. I would get white if it was the same price or ~500 difference.

I do wish I knew if I changed my order to white seats, would my car suddenly become available? What if I did that and then I just delayed it further ? I wish they let us know this stuff.

Does anyone know if you make a change now, do we have to pay more for paint and things or are we grandfathered at the lower cost?

All prices are honored from your first Design date. Including delivery charge. Even if it’s wrong at the last page during your change. But you may not win time if for some reason today was the day they start making your original configuration. Buy what you love. Gaming the system does not sound productive. I changed to white interior because that was what I really wanted. I am not out of my 3 month window so they haven’t failed me. :)

would my order be delayed or pushed forward if I change to performance?

seriously considering dropping fsd and sport rims and paying the 5.5k to go performance. while I'm sure 4.5 seconds is great, 5k seemd like a bargin compared to the 35k or whatever got the p100d over the 100d?

i mean if i drop autopilot too, they are basically the same price. Can always add autopilot later?

You could actually end up getting it sooner. Total crap shoot though, so I wouldn’t base your decision on the possibility of delaying or expediting your delivery. Order what you want. Yes FSD and EAP can be added later, but they will cost more after delivery. In my opinion FSD and EAP are much more practical than the Performance version. The performance version would be more fun. Keep in mind that the Performance Upgrades are 5k on top of the P package. So even if you make the trade off, no performance brakes, 20” wheels, pedals or spoiler without shelling out another 5k...

How’s that acceleration? Jaw dropping??

I Audi S4 was a DSG transmission, so gear changes in hundredths of seconds, 0-60 in 4.4.

With 80% SOC or more, I am beyond impressed. Was not sure about the extra cash for P, and am not at all sorry I saved the money. Those who have driven the 3 and gush about the handling are not overstating it. Doing cloverleaf ramps marked 25mph at 45 is amazing, corners so flat, and handles the curves with an almost ho-hum attitude. Acceleration at 20, 30, even 40mph when you hammer the pedal is also just amazing.

Taken neighbors and girlfriend out on several trips, not one of them were not completely blown away by the performance and handling.

Yeah...VIN assignment is all over the place. My edit button disappeared 8/11. I called sales on 8/14 and was told I had a VIN and IDA assigned. First IDA contact on 8/15.

I messed around with a trade-in for a week but finally decided not to trade.

Scheduled delivery last night for 9/13 and IDA emailed me the VIN when I asked but it still doesn't show up in my account.

I have to assume I've had that VIN since 8/14 like sales said also based on where it is in the ordering spreadsheet - there's a batch of cars with the same color all with the same VIN range.