Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jesus just buy a P and be done with it already.

I have a 340xi. It is almost identical in 0-60 and 1/4 performance to the Tesla 3DM.

It is very very fast. Almost too fast for public roads if mashing the throttle all the time.

Definitely faster than 99% of other traffic and to put it into perspective the acceleration is similar to many production turbo Porsche’s of less than 10 years ago.

If I got another BMW I was probably going to drop down a notch this time to reduce the chance I would lose my license.

If you are craving the skull squeezing acceleration of a P model 3 then just get it. Life is too short to be obsessing over this stuff, especially if you can spring another $15,000 for the upgrade.
I hear you, but my wife, who thinks our S is fast enough, has input too.

My immediate future is the AWD, as in this Thursday. After we sell the S, I think a 3DP will be ordered. Then again, the S refresh is something that gives pause too.

I'll stop whining after the little violins stop playing.

• Funny
Reactions: S5S5G6
I hear you, but my wife, who thinks our S is fast enough, has input too.

My immediate future is the AWD, as in this Thursday. After we sell the S, I think a 3DP will be ordered. Then again, the S refresh is something that gives pause too.

I'll stop whining after the little violins stop playing.

At least you have it in proper perspective. First world problems amiright?

That's good to know...thanks. I went up last Tues to Dedham, MA to test drive an M3. I asked, they deliver 18 M3s per day, roughly 100/week. Do you get a sense of that delivery 'tempo' from the data being updated? Granted Dedham MA is but one showroom which, by law, can't deliver into CT or RI. I don't know what the delivery tempo in Mt Kisco NY (where I have to go, is. Remember a week or more ago I was speculating about the 'wave' of deliveries in a time series. Are you seeing that? The reason I asked the question is I am not so I am not sure I am not looking at a static chart as opposed to what Microsoft used to call DDE (dynamic data exchange) such that charts would automatically update with the backing data. Again, not familiar with the capabilities of Google Sheets.

Sorry I was out-of-town and semi-off-grid for the long weekend, just catching up. Form update in the works BTW (tester anyone?)

Google Sheets is typically live by default, @wcorey, in that it assumes an Internet connection. You have to do special things to see offline data. You should see text to the right of the Help menu that indicates status, i.e. offline, or "All changes saved". You may experience delays in displaying results if the number of active users gets over 30, at least for me who's updating data, and just like Troy's sheet has experienced, but otherwise what you see is absolutely current. Good news is that Troy posted some suggestions to me in the sheet so hopefully we can align the two data sets and summaries in the next while.

Sorry I was out-of-town and semi-off-grid for the long weekend, just catching up. Form update in the works BTW (tester anyone?)

Google Sheets is typically live by default, @wcorey, in that it assumes an Internet connection. You have to do special things to see offline data. You should see text to the right of the Help menu that indicates status, i.e. offline, or "All changes saved". You may experience delays in displaying results if the number of active users gets over 30, at least for me who's updating data, and just like Troy's sheet has experienced, but otherwise what you see is absolutely current. Good news is that Troy posted some suggestions to me in the sheet so hopefully we can align the two data sets and summaries in the next while.
That graph, the one I suggested, troubles me. It is clear from tesla guidance on their support page for ordering model 3, it's in reservation order. Do you have a version of that by order order. Just Dedham alone is delivering just shy of 400/month. If there are 250 such dealerships that would be about 97000 in Aug alone. I am thinking that's high (#sarcasm) but anecdotally what people are reporting is they are delivering on reservations made into April '16. That graph does not match what I perceive to be reality. Thinking in terms of multr (multiple regression analysis) I am not seeing a correlation between that graph and what appears to be facts on the ground. Others have been told delivery is by order date at this point. If Dedham is high volume compared to Parkersburg WVA, take 1/2 that, 48,000 in Aug. It could also be people who added their initial reservation, have left the effort. This is one of my principal reasons for challenging the spreadsheet. Thoughts??

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Update: my 'edit' button disappeared sometime Friday/Saturday and I was asked to update financing info and upload my trade in pictures, etc. Fingers crossed we're getting close!

Non Owner
Reserved 03/31/16 - in store (~10:06 AM) (Mt. Kisco, NY)
Ordered 05/20/18 - as fast as I could make my selections!
Updated Order - 07/28/18 - changed to White Interior
AWD LR
Red
PUP
19” Sport Wheels
EAP
Trade In: Yes

Reactions: tony b and mahagala
Aaaand just like that...delayed. They just called and said it would be "a few more days due to logistical issue". Had a feeling this was gonna happen. So much for my Palm Springs adventure :( Gonna see if I can get a Model S for the weekend for my troubles
After a rollercoaster of emotions, I ended up taking delivery on Saturday anyway, just 5 hours late! Already put 400 miles on her and loving every second. For some reason EAP wasn't activated on my car, so still waiting on that, but she's a beaut!!

View media item 118839

I just updated my order to Aero wheels. I like them fine without the aero covers on them and I wasn't completely in love with the 19" wheels. It didn't impact my delivery estimate (Sept-Nov) or any fees (other than saving $1500). Does anyone have experience with these tires in the snow? I may opt for Tesla's snow tire package.

Update: my 'edit' button disappeared sometime Friday/Saturday and I was asked to update financing info and upload my trade in pictures, etc. Fingers crossed we're getting close!

Non Owner
Reserved 03/31/16 - in store (~10:06 AM) (Mt. Kisco, NY)
Ordered 05/20/18 - as fast as I could make my selections!
Updated Order - 07/28/18 - changed to White Interior
AWD LR
Red
PUP
19” Sport Wheels
EAP
Trade In: Yes

Non Owner
Reserved 03/31/16 - in store (~10:45 AM) (Sunnyvale, CA)
Ordered 04/25/18
Updated Order - 06/28/18 - changed to AWD
Updated Order - 07/26/18 - changed to White Interior
AWD LR
MSM
PUP
19” Sport Wheels
EAP
Payment: private financing
Trade In: No

Hope that means MSM is next color in line. Waiting patiently.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
First post on this forum. Non-owner. Non-employee (of Tesla or SpaceX)

Reserved online 06/19. Configured in store (Salt Lake City, UT): 09/01.

Long Range AWD / Non-Performance / 19" sport wheels / Midnight Silver Metallic paint / Premium Black Interior. Scheduled to take delivery at Salt Lake City store.

Tesla Associate stated the delivery time is 2 - 4 months. Website is reaffirming the same timeframe. Curious as to when it will actually happen.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
I just updated my order to Aero wheels. I like them fine without the aero covers on them and I wasn't completely in love with the 19" wheels. It didn't impact my delivery estimate (Sept-Nov) or any fees (other than saving $1500). Does anyone have experience with these tires in the snow? I may opt for Tesla's snow tire package.

How did you make the change? Did you still have an edit button? Or did you use the back door edit URL? Or did you call?

Long Range AWD / Non-Performance / 19" sport wheels / Midnight Silver Metallic paint / Premium Black Interior. Scheduled to take delivery at Salt Lake City store.

Tesla Associate stated the delivery time is 2 - 4 months. Website is reaffirming the same timeframe. Curious as to when it will actually happen.
What year did you first order it?

What year did you first order it?

The best estimate is what the current advice is from Tesla. They give all a 3 month window with the caveat they are currently delivering in month 2 of that window. That is, order to driveway. So if your window is Oct->Dec, figure on a November phone call/email.

Reactions: jgrant
Still have the edit button.
In the 3 month window Tesla gave you, plan on a month 2 phone call. Until then there are wine, beer, and herb. <- note: for those with minds in gutter, that would be herbal tea!
A point of clarification, I can't erase from my mind the guy saying he ordered a PAWD and is unemployed with no income.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ron Kerensky