Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the 3 month window Tesla gave you, plan on a month 2 phone call. Until then there are wine, beer, and herb. <- note: for those with minds in gutter, that would be herbal tea!
A point of clarification, I can't erase from my mind the guy saying he ordered a PAWD and is unemployed with no income.
Definitely not anticipating delivery before October. Window is Sept-Nov. No worries here... plenty of wine, beer and herbal tea!

Same. Assuming October/Nov here too. As long as they keep their promise of a 2018 delivery, I don’t care.

Now if they miss that, I expect them to lop off $3750 from the MSRP.
I hear ya bro. I'm in the same boat except (Sept to Nov). No, I don't believe they will or should lower prices for in 2019. The credits are fed and local not corporate. Just don't go fornicating with your order!

I don’t disagree, but if we had a reservation and we’re quoted Sept-Nov and they can’t deliver, I hope there’s some goodwill towards reservation holders.
Interestingly, I reserved just after you did, a year ago yesterday, and ordered the same day you did. except aero wheels and Alliant CU (Tesla partner) financing. SO, yeah, we should definitely stay in touch! I predict we'll get VINs in the next 2 weeks.

Interestingly, I reserved just after you did, a year ago yesterday, and ordered the same day you did. except aero wheels and Alliant CU (Tesla partner) financing. SO, yeah, we should definitely stay in touch! I predict we'll get VINs in the next 2 weeks.

I’m just not so sure @wcorey. I’m pretty sure location plays a big role here. Where are you taking delivery? I’m outside DC in Tysons Corner, VA. A lot of folks at this center are still waiting as 4/2016 reservationists.

That being said, 2 weeks would be awesome.

Reactions: JFW1103
I don’t disagree, but if we had a reservation and we’re quoted Sept-Nov and they can’t deliver, I hope there’s some goodwill towards reservation holders.
The monumentally ill-advised thing they did, self inflicted wound...The should have realized a $60,000 car would sell to 4x as many people as what a $120,000 sold to. Their distribution issues are self-inflicted. Thankfully they are correcting it...because a $35,000 car will sell to 4x as many people as bought the $60,000 version (+/-)

I’m just not so sure @wcorey. I’m pretty sure location plays a big role here. Where are you taking delivery? I’m outside DC in Tysons Corner, VA. A lot of folks at this center are still waiting as 4/2016 reservationists.

That being said, 2 weeks would be awesome.
Recall, we lived in Reston, Sterling and worked at 454 Herndon Pkwy (545?) CA Tech building. My office was 4th floor on left, overlooking DAH.
Sadly and maybe thankfully, I have to go to NY for pickup, Mt Kisco. I don't know if that's bad or good.

Reactions: the_danimal
but If I'm wrong, please don't correct me. This reasoning that I've come up with in my little head is my only solace I have for this long wait... ;)
This is not a correction, merely data.

Same AWD configuration as I ordered was delivered to a friend in my same California town (73 miles from the Fremont plan). He reserved a year after I did, and ordered a month after I did. Me? Still waiting.

I'm sure someone else has probably already mentioned this idea, but this thread is HUGE! I couldn't possibly read the whole thing.
Yup. A couple of times. But it's been a while, and this is a l o n g thread, so I see no harm in going around the carousel again! Hell, I've got nothing else to do while I wait for my car.

Reactions: JFW1103
Thanks! And likewise. I’m hoping the added Texas delivery will not increase drama.
niifvn7ihzj11.jpg

Supposed to be Texas delivery center