Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same config as ours. What is your vin? Ours is 695xx which just seems really low with people getting 100xxx+ numbers now.

Delivery center confirmed our new (after reschedule) delivery for today and told us the car was onsite as of last night!
I will post an update once we get it.

My vin# is 545xx. I expressed my concern about low vin# with IDA and asked if it's a reject car. He confirmed that it's not a reject car. Upon visiting local Tesla service center, I realized that vin#s are all over the place. I stopped worrying about vin#.

Thanks for your feedback. You may well be right, but I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you suggesting that the AWD tracker data indicates more 2017 and 2018 reservers are getting cars than the anecdotal evidence? This data set is small of course although almost 1,000 orders. Also, the data is purely voluntary: some posters may be overstating their actual case, and others may be neglecting to post after they get good news. I just don't know.

In my case, I reserved January 16th, 2018. I got my VIN today. There should be tons of reservers before me, but this is limited by those who pick a config that Tesla's immature manufacturing process and supplier stream are producing. I'm AWD with EAP and Red colour, black interior, and have no trade-in, so I'm paying more than some who want a cheaper config, plus my money will come quick and easy from Tesla's standpoint. All factors that might get me a car before others who reserved before me. I'm not saying this is right, I'm just trying like you to understand their methodology. And I know of many other anecdotes of people getting their cars even though they reserved late. FYI, here's what the data looks like today for earliest VIN by typical configs:

I think our data may have issues for a number of reasons, including errors in entry. I'm working on an update to the entry form that should reduce errors and make it easier to update, and thereby increase the reliability of the reports. I'd appreciate feedback when I post it.

Thanks again.
I don't know either. The conversation we had a week ago re: charting all reservations by date of reservation to VIN and delivery does not appear to be statistically significant. So, perhaps the same thing using order date? Does Google Sheets do multiple regression like Excel or LibreOffice? (yes it does) I went to college before excel was a thing but there was a software program multr (for multiple regression) that would analyze n number of independent variables against a single dependent variable and denote statistical significance of each independent variable. If the spreadsheet data is bad, I'm not sure changing the form will be helpful at this point, horse has left barn. It would, however be helpful for those ordering SR $35,000 M3s. There will be a CF way bigger than with RWD and AWD LR cars as now they are competing pretty much toe-to-toe with Hyundai and Kia, certainly with Chevy (Volt) and Toyota (Prius). One thing that concerns me is that what I am seeing or perceive I am seeing is what Excel, LibreOffice, perhaps GS is doing is a series of linear regressions, not Multr. Where that is important is best fit may well be a combination of independent variables with some more relevant than others. Multr would rank the degree of relevance from none->major for each independent variable.
I have not heard anyone say their window extends into January yet so, going by the Sept->Nov or Oct->Dec windows I'd expect to see major activity in Oct and Nov. I would expect a major push for deliveries this month though to maximize revenue this quarter. Your order and mine are virtually identical except you reserved 4 months after I did and ordered hours before I did but, I preordered FSD as well. By the time I hit submit it was 3 mins into 6/29/18. I seriously doubt they are pulling numbers from a hat. So, @d_animal and I will just have to continue holding our breath.

Just got a call from my DA. Scheduled delivery is this Friday 9/7 in Fremont!

My details:
Reserved 3/31 in-line
Configured 6/30
Upgraded to white interior 7/24 via email
Acknowledged by Tesla on 8/8

AWD
Pearl white
White interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Bay Area
Non - owner

Reactions: tony b
Reserved: 3/31/16
Configured: 6/27/18 (AWD, OBM, Black interior, Aeros, EAP)

Coming up on test of Tesla delivery flexibility. I called today to check on my status as I had heard nothing since configuring and found I had a VIN and a delivery associate. I wanted to let them know now that I will be out of the country for two weeks in October to see if we could plan around the dates (either before or after). Rep said my delivery associate will be in touch. We'll see how this unfolds.

Excited to report that I am able to pick my car in Tysons Corner VA. I did not get any call or email before delivery though. My MVPA was not updated on the account as well. The whole process went about 15 minutes.

I did see quite a few white interiors and sport wheels too.

Excited to report that I am able to pick my car in Tysons Corner VA. I did not get any call or email before delivery though. My MVPA was not updated on the account as well. The whole process went about 15 minutes.

I did see quite a few white interiors and sport wheels too.
This strikes me as very concerning; in the case of financing, specifically mine, I need a final MVPA prior to financing approval.

Reactions: neroden
Reserved: 3/31/16
Configured: 6/27/18 (AWD, OBM, Black interior, Aeros, EAP)

Coming up on test of Tesla delivery flexibility. I called today to check on my status as I had heard nothing since configuring and found I had a VIN and a delivery associate. I wanted to let them know now that I will be out of the country for two weeks in October to see if we could plan around the dates (either before or after). Rep said my delivery associate will be in touch. We'll see how this unfolds.

When you call in to check on your status what information do they ask for? Is it just the RN?

Quick timeline update for those who crave info!

3/31/16 Reservation in TX.
NonOwner
4/10/18 Invite
6/27 configured AWD, MSM, EAP, 19s
7/23 added white interior
9/1 Edit design gone. Email from IDA in Las Vegas, no phone call. Emailed all loan and down payment info
9/3 Final MVPA miraculously appears in account
9/6 Payment in full due to TX Delivery
9/20 Dallas delivery set. Hoping this holds true.
VIN 99xxx
Initial Sep-Nov delivery.

Wow, after all this time waiting, everything is happening fast now!
  • Reserved 3/31/16 late evening online
  • Configured 6/28: AWD, Silver/Black, Aero wheels, EAP
  • Edit button vanished late afternoon yesterday and I was prompted for loan and trade-in details.
  • Loan info submitted early evening and was approved within a couple of hours. (3.54% for 72 mo. from Chase, for anyone keeping score. I'll probably shop around for better deals anyways.)
  • Trade-in details submitted around 9am today, response 20 minutes later! (Right in the middle of KBB trade-in estimate.)
  • Matthew from the "Delivery Scheduling Team" in Vegas called just before 11am to set my delivery appointment, which is next Tuesday in Bellevue WA.
  • VIN 653xx appeared on the web site around 11:30.
Now I just have to wait for a 50A outlet to be installed in my garage tomorrow, and for the delivery next week!

NonOwner
4/10/18 Invite
9/1 Edit design gone. Email from IDA in Las Vegas, no phone call. Emailed all loan and down payment info
VIN 99xxx

Great!

It would be helpful @Allenby58 if you could add / update your record in the AWD / Performance Order Tracker - we just added a field for "Date first contacted by Tesla" and "Date 'Edit' button disappeared". Thanks!

NonOwner
4/10/18 Invite
VIN 99xxx

Your avatar creeps me out.

Just got a call from my DA. Scheduled delivery is this Friday 9/7 in Fremont!

My details:
Reserved 3/31 in-line
Configured 6/30
Upgraded to white interior 7/24 via email
Acknowledged by Tesla on 8/8

AWD
Pearl white
White interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Bay Area
Non - owner

Congrats!
Nice to see more 19" Sport with White Interior going out in the Bay Area.

Also a non-owner living in the Bay Area

Reserved 3/31 in-line ~10:45am
Initial Invite 3/1
Initial Config 4/25
MSM
Black Interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Deferred to AWD 5/22 via call to Tesla
Updated to AWD 6/27 via edit link
Updated to White Interior and added EAP 7/26 via edit link
Trade-in: No
Payment: Private Financing

Still have edit link and nothing else has changed
Estimated Delivery Date Sept-Nov (has not changed since AWD config)

When did you lose the edit link?

It seems like some people have had luck at least getting a VIN/some sign of life by calling. What number are you calling?
They just keep telling me you should have a VIN in the next couple weeks. So then I wait at least 2 weeks and call again. I wonder how many calls they get every time someone on here posts that they just randomly called and the rep told them they have a VIN? Tesla needs to fix the process so they always email, call, or update your account info before that can happen. Seems like a simple item to automate. How about a VIN text?

Congrats!
Nice to see more 19" Sport with White Interior going out in the Bay Area.

Also a non-owner living in the Bay Area

Reserved 3/31 in-line ~10:45am
Initial Invite 3/1
Initial Config 4/25
MSM
Black Interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Deferred to AWD 5/22 via call to Tesla
Updated to AWD 6/27 via edit link
Updated to White Interior and added EAP 7/26 via edit link
Trade-in: No
Payment: Private Financing

Still have edit link and nothing else has changed
Estimated Delivery Date Sept-Nov (has not changed since AWD config)

When did you lose the edit link?

I never had an edit link. I think cash buyers never got an edit link (don't know why).

Tesla needs to fix the process so they always email, call, or update your account info before that can happen. Seems like a simple item to automate. How about a VIN text?

This 1000%. I just called to check and got a mini lecture by the rep.

Him: "We will call or email you immediately once your order is updated and your order page will show your VIN as soon as it is assigned, I promise."

Me: "Dude, do you even TMC Forums?"

Considering switching to cash and using LightStream
Not sure if switching at this point would help anyway

Probably not. I expect you'll see movement soon. They want to close the quarter out strong. Also, I'm still able to "edit" via the edit-design URL even though my account clearly shows delivery for this Friday. So I wouldn't put too much merit on the edit link.