Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I pre-ordered my mats, I thought I'd still have the car before the floor protection.

Well, no. Now I have everything except one critical component.

Attachments

• 180905.022.JPG
    180905.022.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 69
Has anyone on here actually taken delivery - I see so many having delivery dates but I too had a delivery date on Aug 28th - then got a call a few days earlier saying it wouldn’t happen but re-scheduled for 9/13 - I’m told my car is waiting to be trucked from Chicago to Dallas. They may finish the quarter strong but is it because they have my money even though I don’t have a car. I am hoping delivery will take place on 9/13 but I’ve been delayed once already - hate to put cold water on all the people with delivery dates but actually taking delivery stories would give everyone much more confidence.

Don't worry they have a lot of incentive to get you your car by the end of the month. Even if you have paid in full accounting rules say they cannot book the revenue until you have the car in hand! It is just a deposit of the full amount of the car as far they are concerned now. It may help the cash position on the balance sheet, but they have to have it as a liability (they owe you a car or your money back) instead of income.

This strikes me as very concerning; in the case of financing, specifically mine, I need a final MVPA prior to financing approval.

Dont worry. I too am told that Tesla will give me a MVPA only 3 days prior to delivery date. Since my delivery date was following a long weekend, I told my ISA that my bank will not cut me a check without an MVPA. They sent me one through email, just didn't upload it on portal ever

Reactions: neroden
Call Tesla as often as you want. (Though I’m sure you’re not looking to waste your life on hold with them.) As you say, they have your $3500.

Ignore @wcorey, he harasses people on random issues and likes to tell people what to do. Happily he (claims to have) blocked me so won’t see this. It’s great if he does that because then he can’t troll your posts.

Haha. I was confused what you were talking about. I didn’t see anything from him. Then I realized I ignored him at some point too. I don’t even remember why.

They just keep telling me you should have a VIN in the next couple weeks. So then I wait at least 2 weeks and call again. I wonder how many calls they get every time someone on here posts that they just randomly called and the rep told them they have a VIN? Tesla needs to fix the process so they always email, call, or update your account info before that can happen. Seems like a simple item to automate. How about a VIN text?
When did you reserve? I check my email 10 times a day. Can’t wait for the call or email. I reserved 3-17

So did you already have a VIN before you called them about your trip? Did you already have a delivery date? Do you have a VIN and/or delivery date now?
I had nothing, LOL. Just RN. Rep told me I had a VIN (I did not get the number on this call) and I told her about trip. Call back from Tesla Delivery with a delivery date (9/27) which does not conflict with my trip.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I had nothing, LOL. Just RN. Rep told me I had a VIN (I did not get the number on this call) and I told her about trip. Call back from Tesla Delivery with a delivery date (9/27) which does not conflict with my trip.

That’s pretty miraculous. And I’m sure a complete coincidence, as opposed to Tesla actually proactively managing the delivery process in a customer’s favor.

This 1000%. I just called to check and got a mini lecture by the rep.

Him: "We will call or email you immediately once your order is updated and your order page will show your VIN as soon as it is assigned, I promise."

Me: "Dude, do you even TMC Forums?"
I probably got the same rep when I called today. I was lectured and he wanted to hang up on me and not letting me to ask questions. I asked for his supervisor and he purposely put me on hold and then told me is there any else I need. I told him I wanted to talk to his supervisor. He then hung up on me. I called back and asked for a supervisor to report on him.

Has anyone on here actually taken delivery - I see so many having delivery dates but I too had a delivery date on Aug 28th - then got a call a few days earlier saying it wouldn’t happen but re-scheduled for 9/13 - I’m told my car is waiting to be trucked from Chicago to Dallas. They may finish the quarter strong but is it because they have my money even though I don’t have a car. I am hoping delivery will take place on 9/13 but I’ve been delayed once already - hate to put cold water on all the people with delivery dates but actually taking delivery stories would give everyone much more confidence.

Good question. To those who got a delivery, please update the AWD / Performance Order Tracker (link in sig) as we added a field for actual delivery date in addition to scheduled delivery date. Thanks.

[Res 3/31/16 (waited in line), Conf 7/21/18, Blue(ext)/Black(int), AWD, EAP, 19", Sept-Nov ETA]

Haven't heard a peep since configuration until today when I received a call (message) from Tesla asking me if I needed help figuring out charging solutions for my home. I missed the call and when I called back just got voicemail - but at least it was the same guy's name/voice. Anyone else get this kind of call? Not sure what to make of it - probably nothing.