Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're still waiting for a delivery date. I received an email last Thursday, Sep. 6 from DSA (delivery scheduling advisor) Brodie, indicating that our Model 3 would be in between 9/24 and 10/1. I replied within an hour or so, and followed up with another email, but still haven't heard back from Brodie at all. I spoke with someone in New Vehicle Deliveries at our Service Center, and he told he to get back to him if I don't hear from Brodie by this Wednesday.

I don't mean to be antsy, but we're still down by one vehicle in our multi-driver family. We had to take our 2011 Nissan LEAF, on its original battery pack with 30% capacity loss, on a 200+ mile roundtrip on Saturday because our Model S was already in use on a different, unexpected long drive. Normally, the LEAF works fine around town as a second car, and I'm thankful that non-Tesla charging networks have grown significantly. That said, our 218 mile drive cost about $25 in public charging fees, namely three evGo CHAdeMO quick charge sessions and a Blink Level 2 unit near our destination, and the trip took hours longer. Those of us with Tesla vehicles, and/or waiting on Tesla vehicle orders, should be very thankful for the scale, speed, redundancy, and reliability of the Tesla Supercharger network. Here in SoCal, there aren't enough quick chargers for non-Tesla EVs, compounded by the facts that they're slower, less reliable, and more expensive.

I should point out Tesla has a record of every email, every phone call, the substance of that phone call and it is shown to every subsequent Tesla rep. Whether it is a clerk in the store or a rep on the phone, "trying to get them fired generally makes you an ex customer at their discretion. Good job! The is the most childish thing I've read on here...again..good job kid!

How do I know that, the last Tesla rep I spoke to made specific reference to many of them by date.
Interesting people have disagreed with me on that. The reps I've talked to had that tied to my account. It's called history or audit trail. And I don't say anything nasty to them. So for someone throwing a temper tantrum, yeah, they have that in your acct.

Interesting people have disagreed with me on that. The reps I've talked to had that tied to my account. It's called history or audit trail. And I don't say anything nasty to them. So for someone throwing a temper tantrum, yeah, they have that in your acct.
I’ve called the 888 number twice since configuration. Once last week and once 4 weeks before that both just to check in quickly and verify I wasn’t doing anything to delay the process. I was always super thankful for their time. The first person was extremely friendly and just asked me to be patient. For the record, halfway between those two contacts I also called the local SC as they had told me a long time ago to just do that and they would check on my order. They implied it was easy to do and they were happy to check for me. The reason I called the 888 number last week was actually because the local SC number no longer was being answered. I figured they must’ve been very busy. When I reached someone at the 888 number this time they were short and seemed very annoyed that I had called “several” times before. I answered that I had only called that number once before and their response was that “oh, sometimes the systems records multiple contacts”. Anyways, maybe there is some log of any contact with Tesla, no matter where it happens. Not sure if that would include logging into the edit-design link as that would seem petty to track that, but I just am at a loss as to how this process works. I can verify they are logging contacts with you, just not the level of detail in those logs.

I really believe that anyone that speaks with any confidence that a feature or a color is prioritized is talking out of their rear. We all want to find a pattern, and maybe there is one, but I have yet to hear anyone on here (including myself) propose one with any level of accuracy. I believe I will get a car before November if 1) Not too many other people configure cars that it just pushes mine back faster than I move forward 2) My number pops up and the config is available. 3) Tesla stays at current manufacturing levels for AWD LR.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
You need to unlock them all
Turns out you are correct. Bummer. It's a pain to unlock all three. Here is the response.

We are currently working with the underwriters on your financing application.  They have just notified us that you have a credit freeze on your three (3) credit bureau and they are unable to pull the credit to process the application.  Please process a global lift of your three (3) credit file (Pins, or codes will not work).

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Turns out you are correct. Bummer. It's a pain to unlock all three. Here is the response.

We are currently working with the underwriters on your financing application.  They have just notified us that you have a credit freeze on your three (3) credit bureau and they are unable to pull the credit to process the application.  Please process a global lift of your three (3) credit file (Pins, or codes will not work).

yes that was precisely my experience the first time I applied for credit for the model 3!

We're still waiting for a delivery date. I received an email last Thursday, Sep. 6 from DSA (delivery scheduling advisor) Brodie, indicating that our Model 3 would be in between 9/24 and 10/1. I replied within an hour or so, and followed up with another email, but still haven't heard back from Brodie at all. I spoke with someone in New Vehicle Deliveries at our Service Center, and he told he to get back to him if I don't hear from Brodie by this Wednesday.

I don't mean to be antsy, but we're still down by one vehicle in our multi-driver family. We had to take our 2011 Nissan LEAF, on its original battery pack with 30% capacity loss, on a 200+ mile roundtrip on Saturday because our Model S was already in use on a different, unexpected long drive. Normally, the LEAF works fine around town as a second car, and I'm thankful that non-Tesla charging networks have grown significantly. That said, our 218 mile drive cost about $25 in public charging fees, namely three evGo CHAdeMO quick charge sessions and a Blink Level 2 unit near our destination, and the trip took hours longer. Those of us with Tesla vehicles, and/or waiting on Tesla vehicle orders, should be very thankful for the scale, speed, redundancy, and reliability of the Tesla Supercharger network. Here in SoCal, there aren't enough quick chargers for non-Tesla EVs, compounded by the facts that they're slower, less reliable, and more expensive.
I got an email last Thursday as well saying mine would be ready for delivery Sep 26-30. I responded saying I wanted Sep 29 or 30 that same day, and then another the next day. I finally got a response just a bit ago that they have me confirmed for Sep 29 and that someone would reach out as it gets closer. They definitely aren't quick to respond, but hopefully you'll get a confirmation soon as well.

I’ve called the 888 number twice since configuration. Once last week and once 4 weeks before that both just to check in quickly and verify I wasn’t doing anything to delay the process. I was always super thankful for their time. The first person was extremely friendly and just asked me to be patient. For the record, halfway between those two contacts I also called the local SC as they had told me a long time ago to just do that and they would check on my order. They implied it was easy to do and they were happy to check for me. The reason I called the 888 number last week was actually because the local SC number no longer was being answered. I figured they must’ve been very busy. When I reached someone at the 888 number this time they were short and seemed very annoyed that I had called “several” times before. I answered that I had only called that number once before and their response was that “oh, sometimes the systems records multiple contacts”. Anyways, maybe there is some log of any contact with Tesla, no matter where it happens. Not sure if that would include logging into the edit-design link as that would seem petty to track that, but I just am at a loss as to how this process works. I can verify they are logging contacts with you, just not the level of detail in those logs.

I really believe that anyone that speaks with any confidence that a feature or a color is prioritized is talking out of their rear. We all want to find a pattern, and maybe there is one, but I have yet to hear anyone on here (including myself) propose one with any level of accuracy. I believe I will get a car before November if 1) Not too many other people configure cars that it just pushes mine back faster than I move forward 2) My number pops up and the config is available. 3) Tesla stays at current manufacturing levels for AWD LR.

I think getting into a shouting match, not that you personally have, with a Tesla representative on the phone can only result in bad things happening. I do know, from what they told me, when they access one's account via reservation number or vin, they have the complete audit trail of all of their history with you being on the phone, with the local showroom, emails to or from anybody. None of us are going to get a Tesla representative fired! As for other comments I've made I'm not making them out of whole cloth I am simply relaying what Tesla has told me through their trained representatives.

• Disagree
I got home delivery this afternoon. The experience was a little strange. I got an email saying my car was ready last Thursday and would I like to schedule delivery for 9/20 - 9/29. Before I could respond, I a text asking would I like a delivery slot from Noon-2pm 9/10. I said sure, and got a confirmation email. The website still said nothing. Saturday, a VIN popped, but no payment info, no nothing. Called, emailed, nothing. Web site let me add payment at about 11:30AM. I did it with an electronic check off my brokerage account. I got a call shortly after 1pm from the delivery person, said she would drive the car over, and be there by 2pm. Car showed up at 2pm, 15 minutes of inspection, paperwork, pairing of phones, and the obligatory here's how to not dent your frunk and use the button not the emergency latch on the door. And we were done. The car is very clean, no swirl marks, fit and finish is excellent. Reserved 7/17/17, ordered 6/28. Delivered 9/10/18.

I got home delivery this afternoon. The experience was a little strange. I got an email saying my car was ready last Thursday and would I like to schedule delivery for 9/20 - 9/29. Before I could respond, I a text asking would I like a delivery slot from Noon-2pm 9/10. I said sure, and got a confirmation email. The website still said nothing. Saturday, a VIN popped, but no payment info, no nothing. Called, emailed, nothing. Web site let me add payment at about 11:30AM. I did it with an electronic check off my brokerage account. I got a call shortly after 1pm from the delivery person, said she would drive the car over, and be there by 2pm. Car showed up at 2pm, 15 minutes of inspection, paperwork, pairing of phones, and the obligatory here's how to not dent your frunk and use the button not the emergency latch on the door. And we were done. The car is very clean, no swirl marks, fit and finish is excellent. Reserved 7/17/17, ordered 6/28. Delivered 9/10/18.

What configuration did you take delivery of, color etc?

Wow, that is terrible. If you have some free time, I'd try to reach "Logan Beaton"'s boss to find out what he's playing at. And I'd keep checking with Mt. Kisco; the local centers seem to be the only people who konw anything.
Logan has also been assigned to me. After receiving a similar email and not hearing back from him for about a week, I got an email from him with my delivery appointment. Be patient. Tesla is a mad house with all the deliveries

Yes. Trade-ins are extra work for Tesla, and the people doing the work are overworked. Also, Tesla generally makes poor trade-in offers; they *really* don't want ICE trade-ins, and sell them in bulk to auction houses.

Just sell your car separately.

To be clear about this: it ought to be fine, and it might be fine. But if your delivery advisor is overworked, or the people evaluating the trade-ins are overworked, it might cause a delay. If it's financially important to do a trade-in, go ahead and do it. But in most cases Tesla makes worse offers than third parties anyway, so if you were already planning to just sell the car later, do that.
Ya know the interesting thing about that is. I did take my Prius Plugin Advanced (radar cruise control, heated seats, 12 axis driver positioning seat) to CarMax and they gave me an embarrassingly low-ball offer. But the adviser there preempted with literally "Tesla will give you a much better offer". I relayed to him how on one or two occasions that didn't seem to be the case. He was very surprised. KBB seems very consistent in what it should be, which was significantly higher than CarMax. I suspect what Tesla will do is simply sell your trade-in to CarMax. I haven't seen a used car lot section of any Tesla showroom.

• Informative
I haven't seen a used car lot section of any Tesla showroom.
You can order pre-owned Tesla vehicles that are oftentimes kept in the back lot of the larger Tesla sales locations. Such was the case with our Model S - we bought it used, from Tesla, two years ago. Our particular vehicle wasn't listed on Tesla's website, but a Tesla pre-owned sales advisor made it known to us over the phone when I called to inquire. That said, Tesla has no interest in selling used vehicles from other manufacturers.

• Love
My links for payment and trade-in became active for me today as well - I am scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. Got all the info submitted. Only strange thing was their site came up with an address for BofA in Florida which I could not override - last time I did an auto load with BofA the remittance address was in DE - but I could not change the state to something else even though it looked like a dropdown - guess it is some sort of default address they have loaded in their system.

Expect I will get a VIN tomorrow - and hopefully the offer on the tradein. So only thing left paperwork wise is to get the MVPA to the bank and I think I should be all set - fingers crossed :)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and tony b
My trade in and financing sections became active today after I emailed about them being grayed out. That being said it looks like my email really had nothing to do with it, they just began activating those today for the recent wave. Submitted my info and we will see how he rest goes! One note is that I ran into issues submitting my photos for the trade in like some others have said but after a few tries I was able to get past the error message.