Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW Chris, in the last year I think I've called twice. I don't believe the individual I was referring to has called at all. Earlier, I agreed with you 99%. I think people seeing others who ordered after they did routinely getting delivery, get a free call to get assurance all is in order. The alternative is, as you pointed out, people go manic, mob mentality and that's when the entire system breaks down.

And those two times were not 'where is my car' calls. My delivery point was dedham, ma and dedham cannot sell cars into ct. Significantly different issue. FWIW
Fair enough. My comment was more of a general statement after seeing post after post of people saying “called Tesla for the 19th time today”

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Guess banks are different but I went to mine and said I need a loan for $75k. I sent her my last 2 paychecks and she came back an hour later and told me approved. No VIN required and it was using my house, not the car, as security
You own your house outright, no mortgage? Most people need a roof over their head way more than a Tesla. That said, nobody should ever default on a loan but putting up your home? Ballsy!

In response to a request for timeframe on VIN assignment, my delivery scheduling advisor told me that Tesla is changing the way they assign VINs to where they schedule delivery first then assign a VIN much closer to delivery. If you don’t need a VIN for financing or insurance, just be patient, these guys are BUSY I’m getting email responses like 3-4 days out....

Further, as far as proof of income for financing, I believe if this is required by your lender, that it will be requested prior to your loan approval...

I called Tesla this morning. Only the second time I have ever called. I called because after the email, I corresponded with my DSA and then never received confirmation of my appointment. They reached out to her when I called CS and I got an email from her minutes later:

"Thanks for letting us know your availability! I have scheduled you for 10/1/18 at 9am! Please view your delivery appointment in your delivery profile. (It shows up now) The next steps will be provided by another advisor, please hold your questions/reschedules until then. Thank you and have a great day!"

They have a long list of people to follow up with and I think it's just taking a little time. I had asked about a VIN to get my financing in order, which is why she asked me to hold questions for the next advisor. My car is sold, so I hope delivery comes through as planned. Public transit here isn't very efficient.

What about if you live in a paper title state like Illinois and physical title is with lien holder?
In the trade-in window under your order, when it opened, there was a checkbox for lienholder info. Absolutely if you don't legally own the car, you don't have title to the car. So given lienholder info they can work with your bank to get buyout info such that what you owe on your existing car will be added to the cost of the M3 (or S or X or Roadster) and you will pay off your existing car as a function of purchasing the new one.

• Helpful
Reactions: Deal
No it’s not. You’re just being impatient. They gave you a delivery date yet you called to bother Tesla about a VIN why?. You guys are acting so crazy. Like the people who rush into Walmart on Black Friday pushing and shoving each other
Wow.

Like I said, I called with a bunch of other questions (I'm paying all cash, wanted to verify all the info they needed since I haven't heard from anyone at all). While I had her on the phone I asked for a VIN, because that'd be the only real confirmation I had that a car existed prior to that point.

Last edited:
In the trade-in window under your order, when it opened, there was a checkbox for lienholder info. Absolutely if you don't legally own the car, you don't have title to the car. So given lienholder info they can work with your bank to get buyout info such that what you owe on your existing car will be added to the cost of the M3 (or S or X or Roadster) and you will pay off your existing car as a function of purchasing the new one.

I got a copy faxed to me by current bank earlier today and uploaded with the trade-in appraisal (also provided account # for current loan, as well as SSN), so guessing they handle the transfer of title on the backend provided I cover the difference between offer and remaining loan balance.

I've never been asked for proof of income - typically, if your credit score is good enough they don't ask. (or so I've heard) Several leases and purchases through BMW (they never asked), and a lease through Tesla/US Bank (they never asked).

I think this maybe true. I only had to do proof of income once when I bought my first car at age 22 and not much credit history. I didn't need proof of income on a car purchase 2 years ago andathe current Teslaloan I was just approved for. My score is 800+ though