Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does look like they are using some type of a prioritized queue?! I would point out that there might be regional anomalies because delivery centers/routes might the bottleneck.... or delivery in CA yields more profit compared with the cost of shipping to East Coast.
Looks like the queue is more about order date, which does correlate loosely with reservation date, due to how ordering ability was opened up. But delivery logistics does seem to be trumping all right now. As for California orders, the Bay Area at least seems overloaded – my 6/26 order at least hasn't led to any communication yet.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Where are you picking up? And when did you receive your email? I'm very interested in East Coast deliveries :D
No email, phone call. Mt Kisco. Dedham MA is closer but they cannot sell, by law, into CT or RI etc. NY apparently can do it.
What SLC told me is transit time to east coast is a week. That may mean 5 days. I'm gonna guess 5 days.
Mt Kisco is over 2 hrs away but..that means a 2 hr 'get to know you' drive back home. It should, before I leave NY, have fully calibrated cameras and sensors to EAP will drive me home once I enter CT. That'll give me time to experience sport vs comfort vs std etc. Normally I don't look forward to 5 hr drives but I'll make an exception in this case.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Deal
Submitted my financing info and I was offered 3.6% through US Bank. I didn't hit confirm because I am planning to shop around a bit before locking into the Tesla loan. I just reloaded the page and the offer has been replaced with a Chase Bank offer for 3.69%?! Has anyone else had that happen, I emailed them to see what the deal was as I would prefer US Bank for that rate which is 0.09% less but I haven't heard back yet.

One week east coast transit seems very fast and aggressive timeline (from CA to NY by train). heard takes 2 weeks at least. Will you be able to track the VIN in one of the train link that was floating around to see where is the car to confirm whether it is really one week.. if it is then it is really great news. :)
No No, you can't compare it to passenger train.Car carrier, two drivers could do it in 2-3 days. You never did a road trip with a bud coast to coast? It's about 50 hrs doing shifts driving. Go to tesla.com/trips and plan a trip from Boston, or Tyson Corners, VA to Fremont, VA. I think they show it 56 hrs. including recharging.

No email, phone call. Mt Kisco. Dedham MA is closer but they cannot sell, by law, into CT or RI etc. NY apparently can do it.
What SLC told me is transit time to east coast is a week. That may mean 5 days. I'm gonna guess 5 days.
Mt Kisco is over 2 hrs away but..that means a 2 hr 'get to know you' drive back home. It should, before I leave NY, have fully calibrated cameras and sensors to EAP will drive me home once I enter CT. That'll give me time to experience sport vs comfort vs std etc. Normally I don't look forward to 5 hr drives but I'll make an exception in this case.

Bummer that you have to go so far, but the delivery center is "only" about an hour away for me but I still plan on staying out all day once I take delivery. Sounds like a fun trip.

Yes, I was told that order wasn't going by reservations order
Looks like the queue is more about order date, which does correlate loosely with reservation date, due to how ordering ability was opened up. But delivery logistics does seem to be trumping all right now. As for California orders, the Bay Area at least seems overloaded – my 6/26 order at least hasn't led to any communication yet.
I called the sale number yesterday and was told that order was not going by reservation. I was suggest to call Delivery Team directly to ask for status of my order which I had my reservation on 4/6/2016 and configured by 6/28/2018 for a deep blue AWD (non-p) with black int, 18", and EAP.
But I still could not get through DA team after > 5 calls since yesterday. For sure, their priority is by batch and the choice of batch is also in favor to higher revenue of the configuration and quantity. Anyway, I don't think we can easily figure out any trench of our order any more. Every Tuesday they may have new decision of what batch to be done first.....

Bummer that you have to go so far, but the delivery center is "only" about an hour away for me but I still plan on staying out all day once I take delivery. Sounds like a fun trip.
Yeah, Dedham is only an hour away for me so service will be there. They just aren't allowed to sell into CT. I'll have to basically drive through Hartford CT, but Sunday should be no problems.

Submitted my financing info and I was offered 3.6% through US Bank. I didn't hit confirm because I am planning to shop around a bit before locking into the Tesla loan. I just reloaded the page and the offer has been replaced with a Chase Bank offer for 3.69%?! Has anyone else had that happen, I emailed them to see what the deal was as I would prefer US Bank for that rate which is 0.09% less but I haven't heard back yet.

Frustrating sure, but if you're going to put effort into it try to find a credit union you can get an even lower rate with.

The difference in interest paid on a 60 month loan, for $60,000 between 3.60% and 3.69% is $145, or $3 per month.

Calculators

Reactions: jsrawa
Bit of a milestone: 1/3 (290) of all tracked US AWD / Performance orders (881) have a VIN and/or Delivery date (see live here):

upload_2018-9-12_16-21-10.png

• Informative
Reactions: thimblepk
Huh? No, I reserved over a year ago and ordered 6/28/18 so a little over 9 months. There are people that reserved 2 1/2 yrs ago but only ordered end of June, like me.
It'll be maybe another month to get the pre-reserved folks processed.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Frustrating sure, but if you're going to put effort into it try to find a credit union you can get an even lower rate with.

The difference in interest paid on a 60 month loan, for $60,000 between 3.60% and 3.69% is $145, or $3 per month.

Calculators
Alliant, a Tesla partner (They told me Alliant handles their financing for folks in states w/o a Tesla site). They are offering under 3.5%

FWIW for home deliveries apparently process is as follows.
Even if they confirm in-home delivery date and time, there's a separate internal reservation calendar for that. It does not propagate in any way to the web app which would still show "schedule delivery".

Yet another DSA would call after vin is locked and edit button disappears (which i would assume when the production design is matched to the order like in a pizza joint). It may take some time before this happens, with no apparent status changes.

That new DSA would solicit delivery times AGAIN, and would otherwise behave as knowing nothing of already scheduled delivery. If one advises him/her about in-home delivery appointment, he/she would then consult that "special reservation place", and if it is still marked as good, would transfer it as the final appointment date. (otherwise, i would assume one'd get a completely new date and time which may not be a home one). At least in my case that's what happened.

Otherwise, if one doesn't have home delivery, then appointment confirmation is the "real" appointment, and it should appear on the account more or less soon upon confirmation.

PS. Also they may try to text your account number instead of calling or emailing, first, even if it is a landline. I guess updating cell # as the default tesla account may not be a bad idea then.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
number is higher than that. My data on your sheet shows blank and I don't seem to have permission to edit it or do a new data entry submission with my dates.

Sorry you're having problems, @voip-ninja. Did you miss my update post? Since Sept. 4th, the whole sheet is locked down. You must use the entry form to add / update your info (requires a Google account). From then on, the form will pull your existing data which you can update. If this is your first since Sept. 4th, create a new entry, use the same username, and afterwards I flag and delete the redundant, older record. Make sense? Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks for updating!