Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaaaand it happened. My Vin disappeared and sure enough when I call I am told my car was "matched to someone closer to it's location" and I will be "contacted to reschedule delivery". &$@!

When you finally do get your car, make sure to pay with a personal check, and make sure that check bounces. When Tesla contacts you to resolve the matter, tell them "I'm so sorry, but your payment has been matched to someone who needs the money more than you do. You will be contacted to reschedule payment at some point in the future. Thanks for your patience!"

When you finally do get your car, make sure to pay with a personal check, and make sure that check bounces. When Tesla contacts you to resolve the matter, tell them "I'm so sorry, but your payment has been matched to someone who needs the money more than you do. You will be contacted to reschedule payment at some point in the future. Thanks for your patience!"
I like the way you think.

Got the dreaded delay text today:

Hi, Your car is on its way but is stuck in transit and has not yet arrived. We will need to reschedule your pick-up appointment for next Wednesday (10/3/2018) at 1:00 pm. Please confirm if this time will work for you.

Sigh few more days.....:(
Sorry to hear - at least they are ballparking versus empty “we’ll be in touch” at least. Good luck on the 3rd!

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I went through MVPA hell on 9/24 and 9/25 for a 9/26 delivery. Loan couldn't be finished without correct figures and a VIN.
2 hours after getting that straightened out, I got a phone call with the delayed delivery message. New appt 10/10.
I emailed my ISA and told him I could do it anytime sooner. I also updated my profile on Tesla.com to receive SMS and phone calls.

9/27 - Got a text from Fremont rep saying I could get my car the next day 9/28. I replied yes. He offered 1pm or 5pm. I replied 1pm.
No response.
I called my ISA hours later, no answer. He called me back a few minutes later, he saw the missed call.
He confirmed they had a match, different VIN.
Appt moved to 1:30, because they already had 12 deliveries scheduled for 1pm. 200 deliveries a day they said (Denver).
I showed up, they actually had the car!!
Trade in and paperwork was quick and painless. Delivery center is quite hectic, but everyone is so nice.
The check for my credit union had my original VIN on it. They said they would work it out with the credit union. I suspect they would take Bitcoin.

Couple of small paint issues, back seat has a small defect, but all very minor.

So far exceeds my expectations- tech, acceleration, cornering. Fantastic!!!

Hang in there folks!

Red, black interior, 19", EAP, FSD. Named her Apache Rose Peacock

Reactions: cct3
Got a call and email this morning about 9:15 asking to call back. Called back (about 10 times before I got a call back) and the IDA said they would deliver on Sunday between 4-6 to my house and I just need a personal check. Trying not to get too excited as I've been rescheduled already, but it isn't going well.

Reserved 4/1/16
Ordered 7/27/18
Scheduled 9/6 for 9/24
Delayed 9/21 for 10/13
Rescheduled 9/28 for 9/30
No sleep for next 48 hours

Sorry to hear - at least they are ballparking versus empty “we’ll be in touch” at least. Good luck on the 3rd!

I'm really glad I called this morning. If I had taken a two hour train ride and a 30 minute Uber with a seven month old only to be told there is no car I would have been pissed. After calling and explaining the situation I had a text back within two hours. They were actually really proactive so I can't be too angry.

Reactions: S5S5G6
So I got the text a few hours ago while out for an evening with the wife. The text said basically this is so and so with Tesla and I regret that your Model 3 is not going to be ready on the date we expected. We have to remove you from your scheduled delivery date. We will reach out to you in the next few weeks when the vehicle is ready to reschedule your delivery.

Sure that’s disappointing but I can’t say I was surprised. A week ago I had heard absolutely nothing from Tesla, and now I’m hearing from them every day. If I get my car in the next few weeks all will be well. Good luck to everyone who DOES take delivery this weekend!

Reactions: webdbbt
So i am supposed to do a pickup tomorrow at 1PM. They are telling me that the car is still in transit and it's set to arrive tomorrow 9/29. ShouId i be worried? I have all the paperwork done and the check is ready to be handed over.

Yes. This is the exact thing that happened to me. They actually checked the GPS on my car and that was how they knew I wouldn't have it tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: S5S5G6
Update--on about the 30th try got through on the delivery extension (not the manager). They don't have a VIN for me yet, but he said they are getting many truck deliveries throughout each day, mine might be one of them. When the cars are unloaded they get the VIN info and enter into their system and match to buyers, and it should populate on my page at that time. He said I should expect a call (probably from the above referenced Christina) to let me know one way or another. He also mentioned they are delivering something like 200 per day, there's no parking anywhere close by, and everyone there is crazy busy. BUT, he was cordial and courteous, didn't rush me at all (he also mentioned he was on loan from Solar City for the EOQ rush).

Update Friday Night: Around 7 pm got a call from Vegas rep wanting to confirm my 10:30 appointment on Saturday the 29th in Mt. Kisco. I pointed out I didn't have a VIN but she advised to go anyway if I received no further news. All again very cordial, but I said I wouldn't likely go, she said she'd reach out to my official IDA which I felt wouldn't have any results as he wouldn't know more than she could see. Then around 8:30 received a call from a rep in Mt. Kisco saying they didn't have a car that met my order specs, and I shouldn't show up unless they called me back with an update that they did. This made a lot more sense. I mentioned that I might be able to take another color she said that was unlikely as basically all AWD cars that came in were already matched to buyers, (this despite fact that they had told me my car would be ready but I never received VIN). She also implied it might be possible to get another vehicle with a rear wheel drive which I definitely don't want. About 45 minutes later when I checked the order page my delivery appointment was gone.

Not a surprise, it's what I expected, but overall very disappointing and alarming that Tesla would engage in such desperate behavior in pursuit of propping up the EOQ bottom line in a manner involving huge additional expenses that are ultimately going to hurt the bottom line! It's a good thing they build such a fantastic car, because I wouldn't tolerate this from a conventional manufacturer.

Reactions: 0mpg
So many close calls today, not to mention the past few days since the infamous text.

Today:
2 hours prior to my bank closing,
I had to call in to a novice rep and explain I need the MVPA, to get the bank check for a 9AM appt tomorrow. She emailed the summary document with the reservation #. I advised her she needs to find a document with more pricing and the actual vin. She eventually found it!

Called the bank, they had 1 appt left in an hr and it was about an hr journey. MADE IT!

Got the check

Tonight DA calls all apologetic that they cannot do home delivery due to overbooking. Sounded as if he was about to cancel my appt. Instead said I need to drive out about 30 miles to the Westmont location and pick up instead. WHEW! 9:30AM tomorrow.