Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...progress...maybe...I hope.

Talked to 3 different people in Nevada today. First two said "yes, you have a car. Yes, it is in transit by train. No, we can't tell you the VIN." Third one said all the same stuff but when asked about VIN said sure, I'll text it to you. So...I have a VIN. I have an approximate delivery date of the 22nd.

Now, will I keep this VIN? Will it be delayed enroute? Will the car get damaged in transit? Will there be issues with delivery?

Please pardon my uneasiness but last week has me pretty gun shy. Thoughts?

Dan

Talked to 3 different people in Nevada today. First two said "yes, you have a car. Yes, it is in transit by train. No, we can't tell you the VIN." Third one said all the same stuff but when asked about VIN said sure, I'll text it to you. So...I have a VIN. I have an approximate delivery date of the 22nd.

Now, will I keep this VIN? Will it be delayed enroute? Will the car get damaged in transit? Will there be issues with delivery?

Dan
Welcome to the “your car is in transit” club. We’ll see how this goes but I’m hopeful things will be less chaotic now that the EOQ push is over.

Dan

Hope it works out for you. Me, not so lucky! My delivery has been delayed for the 3rd time already. I was suppose to pick up today. The 2nd time it was delayed, I was told my car was in Baltimore. They emailed me Friday to tell me that and I was suppose to pick up on Saturday. I was then rescheduled for today. Received an email yesterday saying because I don’t have a vin # assigned, they need to postpone delivery. I had a vin # on my reservation for over 2 weeks now and suddenly, I don’t because the car was delivered to someone else. This process has been a bit frustrating for me. I hope you have better luck than me.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
Not to me... but some folks seem to get very very upset/defensive when you suggest the $10,000 upgrade they bought is just software.

Which is weird since people happily pay about that much for EAP/FSD knowing for sure that's software.

Not upset or defensive, I just have a hard time believing that people are paying $10k for a software hack.

P3D has been portrayed by Tesla as a wholly different model. It would be a shame to find out that it is a sham and wonderful ammunition for the shorts to continue their narrative that Elon is a snake oil salesman.

As for EAP, it makes sense to pay for software that fundamentally alters the nature of what the car is. It’s a world away from “it goes faster now.”

I logged in to my account today and noticed that it is now prompting for the final payment. It also has the MVPA with a VIN. It isn't on the page yet though.

I technically have a delivery scheduled for two weeks out. Should I expect a call that it is early since I already have a VIN, or does that not mean much?

Lots of progress today
Found out my IDA has lied to me several times and that they gave my car to someone else after I paid for it in full (Texas law). My guess is that they moved it last weekend to deliver before EOQ. They told me that “my car” (replacement) is in preproduction.

My wife went all momma bear on the delivery scheduling person that was unlucky enough to answer her call. After threats of litigation they are trucking a car from Chicago to Austin and scheduled my delivery for 10/12.

I want to believe in Tesla, I really do, but they are snakes and it saddens me that they play so many games with people who hand the $60k+ sight unseen.

My wife went all momma bear on the delivery scheduling person that was unlucky enough to answer her call. After threats of litigation they are trucking a car from Chicago to Austin and scheduled my delivery for 10/12.
Now someone in Chicago is not getting a car and may not for months because "your wife went all momma bear". Good job dude. For myself, I'd have laughed and said "bring it!".

I logged in to my account today and noticed that it is now prompting for the final payment. It also has the MVPA with a VIN. It isn't on the page yet though.

I technically have a delivery scheduled for two weeks out. Should I expect a call that it is early since I already have a VIN, or does that not mean much?

I would call and get it put on your account. I had the same thing, but they gave my car away. I believe they failed to update the account, so the car showed avail..

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Not upset or defensive, I just have a hard time believing that people are paying $10k for a software hack.

Well, some of the $ also covers what is likely higher warranty costs from people who will beat on the car a bit more.

P3D has been portrayed by Tesla as a wholly different model.

Has it? I never got that impression.

It would be a shame to find out that it is a sham and wonderful ammunition for the shorts to continue their narrative that Elon is a snake oil salesman.

What sham?

You get exactly what it says you get. The same car with a 1 second quicker 0-60 time. AND the option to add the $5000 package with larger brakes, 20" wheels with the same width tires as the 18s, a few bits of bling and a 0.39 inch lower suspension (done in a way nobody has provided any real explanation of)...also a higher top speed (which nobody doubts is a simple software change).

As for EAP, it makes sense to pay for software that fundamentally alters the nature of what the car is. It’s a world away from “it goes faster now.”

Not really.

Lots of cars charge more $ for the "faster" version without changing much else, certainly not making them "fundamentally" different cars other than speed. Just with ICE cars they usually need to do it with more boost or displacement.