Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a delivery date of October 22nd! Hopefully it doesn’t fall through since I need to head to Europe the next day for a business trip. My loan approval is only good through the 30th and won’t be back until the 31st.
It’ll be tight but it feels good to finally have a vin and delivery date, even though I know it’s far from a done deal based on others experiences.

Received a delivery date of October 22nd! Hopefully it doesn’t fall through since I need to head to Europe the next day for a business trip. My loan approval is only good through the 30th and won’t be back until the 31st.
It’ll be tight but it feels good to finally have a vin and delivery date, even though I know it’s far from a done deal based on others experiences.
@the_danimal Is this a text message people are getting? BTW, interesting thing, there was a young argumentative person some weeks ago that said SMS was an option. I replied with not when I reserved it wasn't, just email or phone. Initially they sent an SMS to my landline house phone. I went in and checked. Yes, now there is an SMS option but....
IT IS NOT CHECKED and I've been getting SMS messages now I changed my phone # to my cell phone, even though SMS is not checked. Weird huh?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Is this a text message people are getting? BTW, interesting thing, there was a young argumentative person some weeks ago that said SMS was an option. I replied with not when I reserved it wasn't, just email or phone. Initially they sent an SMS to my landline house phone. I went in and checked. Yes, now there is an SMS option but....
IT IS NOT CHECKED and I've been getting SMS messages now I changed my phone # to my cell phone, even though SMS is not checked. Weird huh?
No, I spoke to a very nice and responsive delivery advisor via phone and email. Doesn’t make the 22nd any more real but this wasn’t some mass text like the previous fiasco. I’m hoping it’s a worst case and she actually follows up letting me know I can pick up the car earlier.

I was supposed to get delivery on my Model 3 RWD in early August. Deliveries were canceled. Once my car actually made it to town there were problems with it: Paint (Multi-coat Red) and a hairline crack in one of the windows. The part that was holding them up finally arrived and when they went to install it today they found even more problems.

Because of this at the delivery center they were not comfortable with me taking this car that I was originally assigned so they're looking for a new match for me.

Why am I posting this here? I decided that since we were basically starting over I had them bump it up to what I originally wanted -- AWD with white interior! This can be frustrating but it will be worth the wait.

I was having communication problems with Tesla (phone, email, text etc) and I found the solution. Go to the Delivery Center and don't freak out on them. Everyone I've encountered there has been most helpful in getting this situation fixed. All things said and done I'm still within the original delivery estimate so I'm cool with that.

TL/DR: Had delivery problems. Upgrading to AWD with white interior. Waiting patiently.

Mine is supposed to arrive on22nd too .. not sure whats that about .. is 10/22 the new 9/28 ?

Dunno, I was told 10/12 today (rescheduled from 10/5), but no VIN. I asked the Tesla delivery expert and this was the response. Doh!

upload_2018-10-3_22-48-42.png

Last edited:
I was also told about oct 22 and that it was on the train. I called my local store and they said it would be in on the 16 and that I could schedule a delivery anytime after the 17. So I am currently schedule for the 19. The good thing is the local store gave me the same VIN that the 1888 delivery center gave me. Maybe it’ll stick.

Reactions: Sg911
Does anyone have an example of a P3D VIN with a number in digit 8? Maybe they're only doing A's and B's. Mine is a B.
We've had our P3D (no Performance Upgrade) almost two weeks and 1,200 miles. 8th position in VIN is "B". Sold as performance, Dual Motor has red underline in display, seems to accelerate like a Performance. Suspect the "4" shows up for P3D+ because of different chassis - suspension & brakes.

My wife loves it.

• Informative
Reactions: hBomb
I'm not sure if I got lucky or if these stories are the exception. Got my VIN from ISA via phone 12 days before my scheduled delivery so I could finalized loan. Showed up on my account exactly seven days before delivery. Even when my car was still being transported via rail when I was suppose to pick it up this past Saturday and with the reschedule on a final Q3 weekend, I kept my VIN. They didn't try to find one on the lot or anything. If all goes well I pick it up tomorrow and it will still be that original VIN.

Did you get your car or did Tesla kick you in the junk?