Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After following everyone's experience, I feel like Tesla should have realized and made a business model to only sell their cars in California and few other states in West, why to bother about east and take people's order and money. I can definitely say largely people with positive experiences are from California and they should have because they were not treated like trash, they had cars delivered to their home within a week or days after order. Nothing against CA residents but Tesla should have realized its limitations (if really any) and only marketed there product in the limited area where they could serve customers, why to take money from all over the country and then treat them like dirt or they don't matter.

All I hear from delivery people is "we don't have cars for your configuration in the east, we have plenty of cars in the west!"
Thank you for letting me know that you have cars in west......then why did you take my order to deliver a car to me, I guess we told you while ordering that our delivery location was not in CA.

I'm so happy I can finally answer this question because it means my problem might be solved. I was originally scheduled for home delivery but ended up taking delivery at a service center. When the service center changed my status as "delivered" on 9/30, it didn't update my account. Once the mismatch was corrected, the local service center was able to push through the update. Phone app now active!
Glad the problem is solved for you. My delivery coordinator seems not knowing why it didnt work. He checked my account and says everything is alright. I guess I need to call them since it has been more than a week.

After following everyone's experience, I feel like Tesla should have realized and made a business model to only sell their cars in California and few other states in West, why to bother about east and take people's order and money. I can definitely say largely people with positive experiences are from California and they should have because they were not treated like trash, they had cars delivered to their home within a week or days after order. Nothing against CA residents but Tesla should have realized its limitations (if really any) and only marketed there product in the limited area where they could serve customers, why to take money from all over the country and then treat them like dirt or they don't matter.

All I hear from delivery people is "we don't have cars for your configuration in the east, we have plenty of cars in the west!"
Thank you for letting me know that you have cars in west......then why did you take my order to deliver a car to me, I guess we told you while ordering that our delivery location was not in CA.

Very true. They told me I can have a car today if I wanted to fly to CA if not it’s weeks.

That's funny, I was lamenting all the deliveries in far flung states, while so many of us here are still waiting, just miles from the factory! There are clearly some locations where the odds are better, but they're not all in CA.

That's actually bull *sugar*! They rail cars by the thousands to the east. Is it easier to deliver to SF or SD or Reno? Sure. It's cost just as much to make and at $1,000 destination charges per, it balances out. Companies are not in business to lose money. If what they are telling you is true, plenty of us easterners would say, we'll take SouthWestAir to San Diego and take back our $1,000 deliver charge and drive them home ourselves.

• Informative
Reactions: Gavyne and neroden
There is no login or rational how Tesla dealt with M3 reservation holders.....I see so many people with my same configuration ordering their car this year and driving now. Here I am...after 3 scheduled-canceled delivery, with no expected delivery date now, no VIN, a hypothetical Delivery advisor who has pledged to not contact me through CS in Tesla telling me for last 15 days he would call you in next 30 min ;)...I doubt if they care or monitor customer satisfaction. I am really doubting if I want to engage with this company for my future car needs....at least currently I don't own their product and my interaction is limited in scope. What if I own their product and they don't respond to my service needs....what do I do? sue them o_O
In practice, Tesla's been quite good about service, particularly if you're near a service center. Hardware service, that is -- they never fix software bugs, so be aware of that. The delivery process is the absolute worst part.

So my IDA calls me after being MIA Since friday, Hello sir, it looks like there's been some confusion, I just wanted to let you know that your car is in production as we speak, ummmm douche canoe!, my new VIN is on its way to me from Chicago no thanks to your treacherous lies and incompetence. Save it.
I'm glad to hear that you have contacted a supervisor by email and are getting that guy fired. You are, right?

That's funny, I was lamenting all the deliveries in far flung states, while so many of us here are still waiting, just miles from the factory! There are clearly some locations where the odds are better, but they're not all in CA.
I don’t know your situation but I have seen sooo manyyy stories in EOQ people getting their cars delivered to home, office, shopping plazas....and receiving in days or weeks after ordering. For us, we are waiting for 2 years without any movement or false/fake BS.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I’m so pissed. They called saying that upon final inspection the car is undeliverable less than 2 hours before my delivery. An issue with the battery. And that it’ll be faster for them to rematch me with a new car than trying to fix this one. so now no delivery, no car, and now I have to wait until tomorrow for the manager to call me to explain the situation. I’m so annoyed. Feeling like canceling this order.

A call direct from the delivery center? That's good... Battery problems are serious, and it's good that they caught that. That's at least a legitimate reason. Unlike the "gave your car away to someone else" or "car never produced at the factory" or "we have no idea why your order hasn't been processed" which some have been hearing. Sorry you have to go back in line and start over, but you didn't want a car with battery problems, and they're slow to fix.

Thanks!

Curious...how are you handling payment? I am loathe to give them any more money until I can physically see and inspect the car and know there are no major issues. I am doing a sizable down payment and the rest financed through my credit union. There is the option to make a payment through my Tesla page for the down payment part. I don't want to bog down the delivery process on the day I get the car so I would like to have everything in hand ready to go when I show up. Would it be best to have my credit union write one big check for the entire balance and then square the down payment with them or do two separate checks...one from me and one from the credit union. I really would rather not leave anything to chance with a transfer on the day of the delivery in case there is an issue at the last minute.

Thoughts?

Dan
It is documented that Tesla will happily take multiple checks, such as one from you and one from the credit union (though sometimes they want them to be cashier's checks).

Yes, they didn’t actually asked me to fly but told that your locations is the problem “we have cars in west ...if you were in this area we would have scheduled for pick up
I, actually, just got off the phone with the nicest woman I've spoken to at Tesla...must be new... and she told me the same thing, California and Canada. She doesn't know when it will switch back to east coast or who will make that decision. Thing of it is, if I am not mistaken, Canada rebates are either canceled or expired. In my case I reserved over a year ago, configured in June, and they already sent one last month, but to the wrong place (that couldn't sell to CT).

I don’t know your situation but I have seen sooo manyyy stories in EOQ people getting their cars delivered to home, office, shopping plazas....and receiving in days or weeks after ordering. For us, we are waiting for 2 years without any movement or false/fake BS.
You can see my situation in my signature (turn sideways if you're on mobile). Day 1 reservation, 6/26 order, DA assigned, but no VIN yet (just called again today).

There are so many factors that affect delivery in addition to location, that it's really hard to pinpoint for any particular user. In my case, I'm guessing it's bad luck + the unpopular silver color. See below that it's not just me.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 4.21.14 PM.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and shanedn
I, actually, just got off the phone with the nicest woman I've spoken to at Tesla...must be new... and she told me the same thing, California and Canada. She doesn't know when it will switch back to east coast or who will make that decision. Thing of it is, if I am not mistaken, Canada rebates are either canceled or expired. In my case I reserved over a year ago, configured in June, and they already sent one last month, but to the wrong place (that couldn't sell to CT).
Same story here, mine was sent to Pennsylvania instead of NY. Then they gave it to someone and need to make another one for me some day ....and bring it to east cost hopefully at right place some fine day

Today, I received my delivery date of 10/18 at 1:00 PM and is scheduled for delivery at my home address even though I asked for my local Delivery Center when initially ordered/configured in 06/28. My downpayment option to pay in tesla portal opened up today as well. Also, the contract is still being drafted. Yayyy!!

Today, I received my delivery date of 10/18 at 1:00 PM and is scheduled for delivery at my home address even though I asked for my local Delivery Center when initially ordered/configured in 06/28. My downpayment option to pay in tesla portal opened up today as well. Also, the contract is still being drafted. Yayyy!!
Congrats! Here’s hoping that’s true.

I’ve been hesitant to bug my rep until next week. On Monday, it’ll be ~6 days from when the car is scheduled to arrive at Tyco Rd (Oct 15th). I’ll want to double check and make sure it made it to the Birmingham train checkpoint at the very least.

• Informative
Reactions: iambd and neroden
I'm so happy I can finally answer this question because it means my problem might be solved. I was originally scheduled for home delivery but ended up taking delivery at a service center. When the service center changed my status as "delivered" on 9/30, it didn't update my account. Once the mismatch was corrected, the local service center was able to push through the update. Phone app now active!

Question, when did you get the title to the car to register it??? Mine has been in my driveway for 48 hours and NO response from Tesla about when we can get the paperwork! Going into a long weekend, probably won’t be driving it until late next week. UGH, and there’s a lot of cosmetic issues so as soon as we can drive it, we have to drop it off to get fixed.