Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the service hours of the toll free 2505 delivery #? I get the please hold for an agent so presume that someone is there, but wasn't sure. Trying to get hold of someone that might be able to tell if my 10/12 delivery date is going to stick since I still don't have a VIN.
Would assume the vin would be in your Tesla account by now if it were for real. Who knows though? One thing I’ve learned is there’s a ton of variability to the delivery experience. Their process is all over the place.

Reactions: cct3
Just an FYI...

Despite what you may have heard from various Tesla reps, it is indeed possible to ping a car in transit and find it's real time location.

Called Tesla to confirm delivery tomorrow and they said it was still listed as "in transit" but they pinged the car and said it was about 3 hours out (in Knoxville).

This confirmed two things for me.

1) The VIN is indeed real and not just an empty promise (ask me why I wasn't convinced) lol.

2) The car is close and there is no reason to believe that it won't be here in time for my scheduled delivery. If it gets here early enough I may drive over and do a preliminary inspection.

Dan

I’m assuming you called the Alpharetta delivery center and that is who “pinged” the car? Or did you call the mothership? I got an email back from mothership today informaing me that my car was on a train to Birmingham, expected to arrive there on the 14th and then expected by truck in Alpharetta on the 15th. So looking good for my 10/21 delivery.

...and just like that, delivery number 4... cancelled.

Called the 2505 number and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told he was in a meeting...right. Told the lady I expected compensation and I expected to hear from a supervisor. She assured me he would.

They are quickly losing one of their most ardent supporters.

Dan

That’s crazy Dan, really sorry this is happening. Did they say why the delivery was cancelled? I’m hopeful they just need to push you out a few days b/c the transport is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Let us know if they give you any more details, we are praying for you my friend.

Called the 2505 number and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told he was in a meeting...right. Told the lady I expected compensation and I expected to hear from a supervisor. She assured me he would.

Dan

Wow - that totally sucks - did you get any reason for the delay? Hope you get some real answers...

My husband was on 101 Sunday evening and saw a car carrier loaded with Model 3s going somewhere. They are shipping them out. Last time we saw a 3-caravan of carriers loaded with Teslas. It's not like they're not moving cars. For us third time was the real deal and we live not that far from the factory.

Dan
That really sucks Dan - sorry to hear that. FWIW one of my buddies refused delivery x 2 (really bad paint defects on both - he was a relatively early reservation) then the software I guess wasn't working on #3 and then delivery was canceled for who knows what reason #4. After #4 he yelled at them a fair amount - ended up getting a free wall connector and a Tesla jacket as compensation. Ultimately he ended up canceling and getting a CPO S instead - but he did keep all that stuff.

Yes.... that is what I was looking for when it was registered.
Is there any magic to knowing when the vin was registered? I think it was Aug they registered over 10,000 in a single batch. That would be two weeks of production.
Something interesting on the Teslanomic videocast of last week. He said Bloomberg reported for two consecutive weeks production dropped to into the 2000 range down from 5500. Shortly after they talked about car carriers and extreme distribution issues.

The circus is back in town.

Called to have them ping the car to see if it was still in Tennessee. Lo and behold it is at the delivery center. Called there and the car is going through final inspection now and I am back on for delivery at 4 today. Lord, let there NOT be and glaring problems.

Dan
giphy.gif

Keep us posted!