Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I vaguely recall folks testing this a while back and finding no performance benefit to slip start, been a while though.
It'll heavily depend on tires and surface. If your tires are getting enough grip that they don't trip T/C then it won't matter as there is not "slip" for it to ignore and keep full power going to the wheels. If the surface is less than stellar, you're running say the MXM4 tires, or perhaps there are a few loose pebbles then it could matter. Especially if it isn't homogenous, if the low traction portions are just in small patches across the path you're traveling.

It'll heavily depend on tires and surface. If your tires are getting enough grip that they don't trip T/C then it won't matter as there is not "slip" for it to ignore and keep full power going to the wheels. If the surface is less than stellar, you're running say the MXM4 tires, or perhaps there are a few loose pebbles then it could matter. Especially if it isn't homogenous, if the low traction portions are just in small patches across the path you're traveling.

Not even the P is traction limited on a good surface, even with the MXM4s- so I'd be shocked if the AWD was on anything even remotely paved.

Car is at SC today (having LTE modem looked at due to contionuous vehicle connection errors) and just got push alert that my vehicle was updated to 2019.8.4 530d1d3.

Peak speed boost is nice, but really hoping this fixes the rear camera glitch / delay when shifting in reverse.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Car is at SC today (having LTE modem looked at due to contionuous vehicle connection errors) and just got push alert that my vehicle was updated to 2019.8.4 530d1d3.

Peak speed boost is nice, but really hoping this fixes the rear camera glitch / delay when shifting in reverse.

I have that issue with mine on 2019.8.3. It'd be cool if that was fixed.

I'd also be happy if they merged code with 2019.7.11 and put the v2 Supercharger boost in with this one.....one can hope, right?

Reactions: SammichLover