Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw those pictures. Very helpful. Thx (I am sort of hoping I get the "call" soon, so it will stop me from going back and forth).
Of course, then the other day they released the White interior......

Yeah I debated on the white interior, but didn't want to add any more delays, plus some things I've seen suggest it doesn't hold up well to things like blue jeans (see the other thread I started on that). So I decided against it . But I bet blue with white would look sweet. I just think you would need to pay for detailing every other month to keep it clean :)

i called into tesla at 7 am this morning and lucked out as the system told me I only had a 5 minute wait. 55 minutes later someone picked up and I asked about changing to AWD and was told it wouldn't be an issue as my vehicle still hadn't been put into production. To accomplish this I was told they'd send me an email with the form but I still haven't received anything.

I am really looking forward to getting the car but Tesla really isn't making it easy to like dealing with them. How is it that Americans are getting their vehicle as fast as 11 days after ordering when we are being told to just keep on waiting. Very frustrating.

So I assume they charge you extra for the paint? It went up to $2000 after the AWD released.

Is performance the reason why you go for AWD? I am still debating myself, I want AWD but it's not a must for vancouver weather and I might want to spend it on EAP instead
don't get me wrong, I haven't decided if i'm going to get an AWD yet, I was simply curious if I made any changes if it would delay things. My only reasons for wanting it was the extra performance and the potential for a higher resale value down the road.

Another reason for my call was to see if I even COULD make changes. My edit button has been gone since the 18th and I assumed that this meant my car was in production. to my surprise/dismay, this was not the case.

Is performance the reason why you go for AWD? I am still debating myself, I want AWD but it's not a must for vancouver weather and I might want to spend it on EAP instead

Being in Vancouver makes the most sense to me for AWD, the rain and especially with the random seasons with light snow. EAP doesn't since there are hardly any highways to really utilize it. However, I got that option as I plan on doing road trips with the family in the future.

I work from home so my wife will drive it to work, she drives around 50km round trip.
For leisure I drive maybe 5-10km on highway
So if it's your wife's primary car, then I would just go for the AWD and no EAP. The way people drive around here and how traffic usually flows, doesn't make EAP useful in my opinion. EAP would make sense if you maybe like commute from Langley (or further) to Vancouver on a regular basis. If you plan on road tripping a lot, then EAP definitely should be considered.

Yeah I debated on the white interior, but didn't want to add any more delays, plus some things I've seen suggest it doesn't hold up well to things like blue jeans (see the other thread I started on that). So I decided against it . But I bet blue with white would look sweet. I just think you would need to pay for detailing every other month to keep it clean :)

Not true. I have white seats in my X.

don't get me wrong, I haven't decided if i'm going to get an AWD yet, I was simply curious if I made any changes if it would delay things. My only reasons for wanting it was the extra performance and the potential for a higher resale value down the road.

Another reason for my call was to see if I even COULD make changes. My edit button has been gone since the 18th and I assumed that this meant my car was in production. to my surprise/dismay, this was not the case.

Hi Koflach, whom did you speak to, to make a change. I want to make some config changes passed three days cooling period but not getting anywhere.

Hi Koflach, whom did you speak to, to make a change. I want to make some config changes passed three days cooling period but not getting anywhere.

Call the main tesla line and press '1' then '1' to get to sales, and then orders with sales...then wait on hold for a while. I recommend calling right at 10am EST...I called a few times then and only had a 15 min wait since I was first in line. If you call in the middle of the day you'll probably have close to an hour wait.

The person you get connected to can check if its possible to change without the $500 penalty (depends on if the car has entered production yet, etc). Sounds like you just ordered so you should be fine.

I changed my paint colour last week, still waiting for it to show up on my online account but its noted on my account from their end and they are busy with all the people trying to switch to white interior...

Not sure if it's still the case now but I recall that when I lost the edit button, I could get it back if I changed one of the other parameters such as payment from loan to cash or visa versa.

Call the main tesla line and press '1' then '1' to get to sales, and then orders with sales...then wait on hold for a while. I recommend calling right at 10am EST...I called a few times then and only had a 15 min wait since I was first in line. If you call in the middle of the day you'll probably have close to an hour wait.

The person you get connected to can check if its possible to change without the $500 penalty (depends on if the car has entered production yet, etc). Sounds like you just ordered so you should be fine.

I changed my paint colour last week, still waiting for it to show up on my online account but its noted on my account from their end and they are busy with all the people trying to switch to white interior...

How come I was just able to press the edit button without calling anybody? Took me one minute to change to white interior.