Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no AWD / Performance VINs or Deliveries to Canada (sheet):
:(

upload_2018-8-23_15-4-35.png

For Ontario, looks like AWDs will be delivered in September.

They're hiring for another delivery event at the International Centre like they did back in June for RWD.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/...-sept-30-airport-road-miss-at-tesla-817948091

This was posted a few days ago in one of the threads, but while people are getting calls about RWDs no one is getting calls about AWD. Given you typically get a call 2-3 weeks before delivery one would assume at least *some* AWD vins would have been assigned by now, but no word yet.

I'm still hopeful a lot of the september international centre deliveries will be AWD since Tesla is producing close to 6k cars/week, and a large portion of them seem to be AWD since they are being delivered routinely in the states now...plus I can't see Ontario requiring more than 1/2 week of production at 6k/week.....but that's all just speculation. We need to be patient and keep fingers crossed :)

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Given you typically get a call 2-3 weeks before delivery
I wouldn't count on that. I got a call 4 days before delivery (early June) and then another call 40 minutes before delivery delaying it a week.

I think they'll come fast and furious in September trying to get as many deliveries before the end of the quarter.

Update: edit backdoor still works. Must have miss-typed it in my excient last night, I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation.
I guess I missed it. What is the "edit back door"? We have not had a known edit function for a long time. Also we ordered June 29th when there was only an option to get awd & white by ordering Pawd. That version appers to cost ~$14,100.0 CDN > "regular" awd & we are still unable to have TSLA tell us what is in our package to make it more desirable than editing to go with the "regular" awd. We don't want the PUP features anyway. Anyone been able to clarify this likely common question? We are thinking of adding the EAP for $6600.00 CDN by "saving" the 14K money by removing the Pawd option. Thanks in advance.

We don't want the PUP features anyway. Anyone been able to clarify this likely common question? We are thinking of adding the EAP for $6600.00 CDN by "saving" the 14K money by removing the Pawd option. Thanks in advance.

All Model 3 orders must include PUP by default. That's the only version of the interior that they are making. The white interior is an extra cost on top of PUP.

I guess I missed it. What is the "edit back door"? We have not had a known edit function for a long time. Also we ordered June 29th when there was only an option to get awd & white by ordering Pawd. That version appers to cost ~$14,100.0 CDN > "regular" awd & we are still unable to have TSLA tell us what is in our package to make it more desirable than editing to go with the "regular" awd. We don't want the PUP features anyway. Anyone been able to clarify this likely common question? We are thinking of adding the EAP for $6600.00 CDN by "saving" the 14K money by removing the Pawd option. Thanks in advance.

To get through the backdoor you go to your my account page, and replace the XXXXX below with your reservation number:

Tesla SSO – Login

You can order the white interior with non performance as of a month or so ago. But you dont need to use the backdoor to edit, you can also call tesla directly. In my opinion its definitely more cost effective to get the non performance AWD + white interior + EAP. You do get free supercharging with performance, but they payback period for that doesn't make sense, so unless you really want the extra speed of performance or the larger tires, get regular AWD....but this will push back your delivery window.

Thanks so much to MagicDog & pcons. I confused the issue by saying PUP when I meant Performance awd. Your sage replies seem to make the most sense. At the time in June, there was no option for white or "regular" awd without the Performance package. Supercharging seems to be worth ~$1-1.5k$ per year from what I can determine. Any update on that value? I guess you could make a case if you kept the car for ~ 15 years!! It cannot be transferred to a new buyer either.

Here in Ontario you can save $4 per 100 km driven by free supercharging compared to charging at home. Paid supercharging is approx $8 per 100 km

We've done about half of our road trips supercharged, which is half do the 70000 km driven in 3.5 years. So say 10000 km of supercharging per year or about $400 saved per year compared to charging at home and $800 per year compared to paid supercharging.

Plus on resale the performance will sell easier and for more $.

I admit to be super challenged on this. On our account page, where is the XXXXX to replace with our reservation #? Thanks again. BTW our page now has OCT instead of Sept-Dec. Had not changed anything so far.

Dont click the link, copy the URL and manually edit it in the browser window. Or just paste the text below and replace the XXXX with your RN in the address bar.

www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXX

Here in Ontario you can save $4 per 100 km driven by free supercharging compared to charging at home. Paid supercharging is approx $8 per 100 km

We've done about half of our road trips supercharged, which is half do the 70000 km driven in 3.5 years. So say 10000 km of supercharging per year or about $400 saved per year compared to charging at home and $800 per year compared to paid supercharging.

Plus on resale the performance will sell easier and for more $.

Thanks so much. I must admit it is difficult to make these choices. As well, how can I add the tag line on the bottom of our posts?

Reactions: SmartElectric