Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, oakville set for now. But that could just be the default based on what we selected, and could change to international centre later I believe. I called oakville yesterday to confirm if they are doing deliveries in parallel with IC, and the person I spoke to there thought they would likely move the pickup to IC...but to be fair he wasn't sure.

As long as it gets here without damage/issues I'll drive to either place happily :)

Same here, oakville set for now. But that could just be the default based on what we selected, and could change to international centre later I believe. I called oakville yesterday to confirm if they are doing deliveries in parallel with IC, and the person I spoke to there thought they would likely move the pickup to IC...but to be fair he wasn't sure.

As long as it gets here without damage/issues I'll drive to either place happily :)

Same here. IC would be a little closer for me, but it’s all good either way. Kinda fearing the initial drive home on the 400 series gauntlets...err I mean highways...

Has anyone who got contacted via email yesterday received further communication/confirmation on the delivery date? I'm resisting the urge to bug my DA today for an update, but going into the weekend its killing me to know if I'll be scheduled to the earlier or later portion of the sept 26-oct3 window I was given via email....

Has anyone who got contacted via email yesterday received further communication/confirmation on the delivery date? I'm resisting the urge to bug my DA today for an update, but going into the weekend its killing me to know if I'll be scheduled to the earlier or later portion of the sept 26-oct3 window I was given via email....
I received an email today confirming the delivery date and time. Right now I am scheduled for the 29th in Oakville, but they said I will be contacted again closer to the date.

I sent an email (2 actually) about 30 seconds after I recovered my notice, saying that I will be out of the country exactly during the week of my proposed delivery (Sept 24 - Oct 2) and could I schedule it for the following week. Radio silence until about about 30 minutes ago when I received what was surely a “form email”.
“Thanx for letting me know your availability! I will be in further contract when a car becomes available. No further action needs to be taken at this time”.
Not particularly comforting.

I sent an email (2 actually) about 30 seconds after I recovered my notice, saying that I will be out of the country exactly during the week of my proposed delivery (Sept 24 - Oct 2) and could I schedule it for the following week. Radio silence until about about 30 minutes ago when I received what was surely a “form email”.
“Thanx for letting me know your availability! I will be in further contract when a car becomes available. No further action needs to be taken at this time”.
Not particularly comforting.

Oooh, that's not good. I just firmed up the sale of my volt for the end of the month. As long as it comes in the window I'm good, other wise I may be taking my bicycle to work for a few weeks :confused:

Finally got the call! Vancouver, BC:

Delivery tentatively scheduled for Sept 15th @ Powell. Red, AWD non-P, Aero wheels, EAP

Can anyone speak towards financing? Eg. Final price, taxes, and finance terms/rate? It looks quite bugged on the website.. Isn't luxury car tax in BC 10% GST + PST (Which is 5% of GST) at my configuration's price point (78K)? What is this $100.00 federal A/C tax?

Is there a chance I can still get the BC CEV incentive? I hear it gets applied at delivery?...

I'm not sure if I should confirm these terms online because the numbers are totally out of wack (to me.. it seems)?

Delivery tentatively scheduled for Sept 15th @ Powell. Red, AWD non-P, Aero wheels, EAP

Can anyone speak towards financing? Eg. Final price, taxes, and finance terms/rate? It looks quite bugged on the website.. Isn't luxury car tax in BC 10% GST + PST (Which is 5% of GST) at my configuration's price point (78K)? What is this $100.00 federal A/C tax?

Is there a chance I can still get the BC CEV incentive? I hear it gets applied at delivery?...

I'm not sure if I should confirm these terms online because the numbers are totally out of wack (to me.. it seems)?
Let me know what you find out about the pricing+tax - I have the exact same config as you. From what I can tell on my order summary, I have $82,110.00 owing which includes:

Total Vehicle Price
$78,000.00
Taxes & Fees
$13,310.00 ($11,910 sales tax, $100 A/C tax, $1,300 delivery fee)
Payments
-$4,200.00
EV Incentives
-$5,000.00

Those amounts seem correct to me.

As for the CEV program - there is still $2.3m of funds left, so it's unlikely to run out in the next week.

The luxury tax is 15% (5% GST + 10% PST). Marcn numbers are correct.

Hi All,

Late to the game here.

I received a call from DA last Tuesday, the left me a voice message and called me back about an hour later. He booked me in for delivery in Calgary for September 15th but did not have a VIN for me yet, and said he'd be sending me a follow up email in a couple of days. I didn't hear from him, so I called him back on holiday Monday and left him a message. He promptly emailed me my VIN and additional details on Tuesday morning.

I've heard of at least 2 other people taking delivery on September 15th in Calgary. I wonder how many vehicles they will be delivering that day?

Reserved: 4/1/2016
Invited: 4/30/2018
Configured: 6/30/2018
VIN: 106XXX
Delivery: 09/15/2018
Midnight Silver Metallic | Aero | PUP | LR | AWD | EAP

Huh. I was a line waiter in Calgary and configured on June 27th, AWD, LR, PUP, Black, no autopilot. I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten any updates yet? Also maybe because I'm in Saskatoon?

Huh. I was a line waiter in Calgary and configured on June 27th, AWD, LR, PUP, Black, no autopilot. I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten any updates yet? Also maybe because I'm in Saskatoon?

Have you heard from an IDA or received any emails? I got a call from my IDA last Tuesday and booked delivery for Sept 15th. He said he'd email me more info in a day or 2, but I didn't hear anything so I called him early this week and he gave me my VIN and sent me the email restating my delivery appointment. He said I'd be getting my final contract with the final payment amount as the date got closer.

I called him today to find out when I should expect that, and he checked and found out my car was in Calgary and ready for delivery. It was too quick to get the paperwork done for delivery tomorrow (Saturday) so I booked for Monday at noon. I still haven't received the final paperwork yet, but he said I should get it by no later than Monday morning. That'll give me time to get to my bank.

Let me know what you find out about the pricing+tax - I have the exact same config as you. From what I can tell on my order summary, I have $82,110.00 owing which includes:

Total Vehicle Price
$78,000.00
Taxes & Fees
$13,310.00 ($11,910 sales tax, $100 A/C tax, $1,300 delivery fee)
Payments
-$4,200.00
EV Incentives
-$5,000.00

Those amounts seem correct to me.

As for the CEV program - there is still $2.3m of funds left, so it's unlikely to run out in the next week.

Thanks. Oh I see now... my numbers add up to $82110.00 owing but on the website it says "Amount financed: -83693.00 ; amount due: -1583.00" which is the difference totaling $82110.00.

What is your term/interest rate? Is it the same for everyone? Mine is 96mo @ 4.58% thru scotia... I'm wondering what other rates are at other terms?

Thanks. Oh I see now... my numbers add up to $82110.00 owing but on the website it says "Amount financed: -83693.00 ; amount due: -1583.00" which is the difference totaling $82110.00.

What is your term/interest rate? Is it the same for everyone? Mine is 96mo @ 4.58% thru scotia... I'm wondering what other rates are at other terms?
There have been some rates posted in this thread: Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada