Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backseat rear panel coming loose..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another item added to my repair list.. Ill suck it up since I expected to deal with the early build issues, as long as Tesla resolves them.

Anyone else dealing with rear seat panels that aren't staying in place? The tacks are intact but it wont remain clicked in. Reminds me of my Nissan Sentra back in high school..

My Y is currently in service now for the 3rd time for the middle seat rattle. They replaced the back, then they made some adjustment to the headrest, but so far no permanent solutions. It's at its worst when the headrest is fully down and the cup holder/armrest is in the stowed position. Rattles like a can.

They fixed my middle back seat at my first service with a couple other minor issues (though they created another one but that's another story).

They've created a few on mine too. Today they are replacing a piece of interior trim that they scratched while trying to fix the seat, and whenever the collision shop opens up for non-essential repairs they'll be paying for some door jamb paint repair they scuffed up as well.

I scheduled an appointment to have a few other things looked at and they replaced both of my seat backs under a bulletin without me asking. If I can find my service order I will post the bulletin #.
Yes, I too was told that the seat backs are now routinely replaced since they are not properly attached. In addition, my vehicle was missing the switch on the back of the middle rear seat which is used to lower that section independently of the other seats.

New driver side passenger window glass, driver seat back, carbon spoiler, and rear seat backs all were confirmed in local shop in 5 days. I was surprised so quick.

MY PUP is in service as of 10am this morning. Now how long it’s there for us anybody’s guess.

Reactions: BLKMDL3