Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera suddenly shows black screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The screen is black when in reverse or when I choose "Camera" from the pop-up action bar. Model Y less than 2 weeks old. Is this a common thing that has an easy fix? I tried Powering off and back on. Lens looks fine.
What software version are you on? I had the same thing happen after two weeks, next update fixed it.

What software version are you on? I had the same thing happen after two weeks, next update fixed it.
Had the
The screen is black when in reverse or when I choose "Camera" from the pop-up action bar. Model Y less than 2 weeks old. Is this a common thing that has an easy fix? I tried Powering off and back on. Lens looks fine.
Had the same issue a month ago. After the car went to sleep for the night the rearview camera worked again. I haven't had the problem again.

Reactions: teko
I had the same issue on my first day when I got it home. Scroll wheel reboot fixed the problem. Check your software version and make sure you are not on the showroom version. If you have gotten any updates since you got the car, that won't be an issue.