Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bait & Switch on Tesla UK site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-9-19_12-32-36.png

what is wrong with this image?

That is nowhere even close to 'bait and switch'.

You can't buy from that image and the sales pages make it abundantly clear what the performance and range is of the specific model that you configure.
Most people would assume that a button on a website saying 'order now' would offer the ability to buy the car with 0-60 of 3.2 and range of 348m
so the 'bait' is clearly this page and the actual sales page is the 'switch', for me that is the definition of bait and switch but I guess you disagree.

The US webpage lists the range as 310mi for both the performance and the long range. (which we all know isn't really true, but that's how they list it)
I understand the UK page lists the WLTP range numbers, but are they actually listing different numbers for performance vs. the long range version?

... but those are not the figures on any of the configuration pages so at best you've got a mistake on a website... not exactly a big deal.
Unless the mistake on the website has not been spotted by anyone at Tesla for the last 2 months (maybe longer) then it is a purposeful act which deceives potential customers. Audi wouldn't advertise a car showing the MPG from the greenest model and the 0-60 from the fastest.

Hard to get excited about something that is not actually used on any of the pages where you configure the vehicle though.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to be 'deceived' by something that isn't actually for sale at any point, but as ever, people will choose just how big a deal they wish to make about something like this...

Why would someone need to be dumb? I think anyone who didn't know better would assume that Tesla sell a car with the P 0-60 speed and the LR range. The only reason Tesla would advertise it like that is to deceive potential customers. Whether it is to get them through the door and interested in buying one or hoping no one notices that the P doesn't have the range advertised only they will know.

It seems impossible to criticize Tesla here. Next you will be saying the customer service is fantastic lol

Reactions: ChrisA70
Unless the mistake on the website has not been spotted by anyone at Tesla for the last 2 months (maybe longer) then it is a purposeful act which deceives potential customers. Audi wouldn't advertise a car showing the MPG from the greenest model and the 0-60 from the fastest.

I'm sorry? Which company lied to the world's regulators over emissions?

Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j
Why would someone need to be dumb? I think anyone who didn't know better would assume that Tesla sell a car with the P 0-60 speed and the LR range. The only reason Tesla would advertise it like that is to deceive potential customers. Whether it is to get them through the door and interested in buying one or hoping no one notices that the P doesn't have the range advertised only they will know.

It seems impossible to criticize Tesla here. Next you will be saying the customer service is fantastic lol
How do you know that is a picture of a Performance Model?

Hard to get excited about something that is not actually used on any of the pages where you configure the vehicle though.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to be 'deceived' by something that isn't actually for sale at any point, but as ever, people will choose just how big a deal they wish to make about something like this...
Not making a big deal about anything.
I am also not dumb,neither excited.
I merely suggested it was bait and switch - I think it is and you clearly have a different definition of bait and switch.
Suggesting that because VW told lies on emissions makes it OK for Tesla to present a car that you can't buy on the front page with an 'order' button is engaging in whataboutery.

People can draw their own conclusions - I am waiting on my LRAWD but there is no need for Tesla to make such a fundamental mistake.
It would be good if the company just proof read their merchandising information

Reactions: ChrisA70