Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base Features Required to Seal the Deal on the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm referring to the station wagon part mainly. SUVs are not station wagons.
It would seem that @EaglesPDX is conflating different characteristics. Sure an SUV is a wagon if you define wagon as "any vehicle that has 3 rows." Or an S is a hatchback, based on how the trunk opens. A Model X is also technically a hatchback -- a hatchback wagon! But as for the car categories that were used for determining market share, SUVs are not wagons, and the Model S is a large, premium sedan, and not a hatchback. The hypothetical rendering of a Model S wagon is definitely a wagon, and not a sedan or SUV.

Tesla S is a hatchback. That seems popular.

SUV's are station wagons and crazy popular.

Tesla, fortunately, disagrees with your views and Musk has said they are addressing the failure to make the T3 a utilitarian hatchback same at the S by increasing the trunk opening of the T3.

The S is a sedan. Per Tesla's official website: Model S is designed from the ground up to be the safest, most exhilarating sedan on the road.

Station wagons are station wagons.

SUVs are not station wagons.

This is a hatchback:
2016_ford_focus_4dr-hatchback_electric_fq_oem_3_300.jpg

You are a troll.

Is it required that he knows he's trolling to really be a troll? I really can't figure out if he's purposely doing it to mess with us, if he's just being obstinate, or if he really truly believes the things he says?
Of course, that's the sign of a good troll if I can't figure out. I really hope he's sitting at home laughing at us being unable to NOT correct him all the time. We just can't resist and ignore him.

I know air suspension has already been confirmed for the Model 3 but I really hope I won't need it. Currently we have our parking spots in a small underground garage with individual ramps that are pretty steep. My in-laws drive a BMW 6 series which is pretty low and they can barely make it up the ramp without scraping the bottom but looking at pictures of the Model 3 I'm not sure I could make it up there without air suspension to raise the car...
Hopefully there will be an option to test drive the car but I'm not holding my breath.
Not sure if I will have to get the air suspension to be safe or risk it and rely on parking on the street if it doesn't go up the ramp...
I'd rather spend the extra money on a feature that I'd actually want and I've read that repairing the air suspension system can be quite expensive.

Tesla requires the air suspension with the tow package and Tesla has confirmed that T3 will have a tow package option.

Yes, I know both of them will be available but optional. What I'm talking about is the fact that I hope I won't need it because it's a really expensive upgrade just to drive up a stupid ramp. Other than that I would have no use for it and who knows how long we'll be living in that apartment so even if I do need it I probably won't need it once we move to a new apartment.

It's based on the TX where the towing package requires the air suspension. It makes sense for load leveling and matching trailer hitch height.

What is a TX? Why do you think something called the T3 will have the same rules as something called a T3.

Please note that this is a Tesla Motors Club forum. Most people here are posting about the 3 cars currently made by Tesla, the Roadster, the Model S and the Model X along with their next car the Model 3.

For some reason you keep posting about something called the T3 and now something called the TX. As far as I can tell no one who participates in this forum besides you is interested in them. Maybe you can find a forum devoted to them somewhere else on the internet.

Also, it would help if you would not post your assumptions as if they were fact.

What is a TX? Why do you think something called the T3 will have the same rules as something called a T3.

Please note that this is a Tesla Motors Club forum. Most people here are posting about the 3 cars currently made by Tesla, the Roadster, the Model S and the Model X along with their next car the Model 3.

For some reason you keep posting about something called the T3 and now something called the TX. As far as I can tell no one who participates in this forum besides you is interested in them. Maybe you can find a forum devoted to them somewhere else on the internet.

Also, it would help if you would not post your assumptions as if they were fact.

I believe a TX is a Tesla Model X, and a T3 is a Tesla Model 3. You do have a good point as I've never seen them referred to TX and T3 until today. So I guess TS would be the Tesla Model S and TR would be the Tesla Roadster.