Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bass is back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Methinks this is all in your heads...
See, it doesn't affect everyone. So if it doesn't affect you, I'm happy for you, but please don't clutter the thread with these completely unhelpful comments.
The goal is for people who have the issue to establish what is wrong, find procedures to verify it and track what firmware version it started with, and eventually verify if another one fixed it.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
OK, so there is something to this. I noticed the improved bass when I updated to .16 the other day. This morning, I heard the bass just fine.

Just got into the car and noticed immediately the bass was missing. I adjusted the equalizer, and literally zero difference in sound between 8 and 0. Small/minimal difference between 0 and -8.

Very odd.

Edit- rebooted the MCU and no difference.

A sticky bit is definitely not being retained.
I was having all sorts of phone/BT issues where the call would connect just fine, but no audio was passed to the car. I rebooted three or four times before I could hear audio when making calls. It would then drop calls after ~30secs. After rebooting a fifth time, the my phone appeared to work with no porbelms and... the bass was back!
Not only was it back, but it sounded a bit boomy so I turned the slider down a bit. The saga continues...

A sticky bit is definitely not being retained.
I was having all sorts of phone/BT issues where the call would connect just fine, but no audio was passed to the car. I rebooted three or four times before I could hear audio when making calls. It would then drop calls after ~30secs. After rebooting a fifth time, the my phone appeared to work with no porbelms and... the bass was back!
Not only was it back, but it sounded a bit boomy so I turned the slider down a bit. The saga continues...

Wow. I have had the problem with the no audio for quite a while... I've seen it referenced in a different thread, and is a known issue between Tesla and Apple.

Interesting about the bass working fine after several reboots. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Like I said earlier, all of my listening has been via Slacker so audio source can def have an impact.
I haven’t tried my own music via jump drive yet.
Where did you find / get the Tesla slacker login credentials? I have wondered if I was hearing high bit rate?
My problem has been volume since update when sliders changed 8 is the new 5. Bass, seems to me, depends on the source material and how good it is. I feel older slacker material is of poor bitrate or quality

Where did you find / get the Tesla slacker login credentials? I have wondered if I was hearing high bit rate?
My problem has been volume since update when sliders changed 8 is the new 5. Bass, seems to me, depends on the source material and how good it is. I feel older slacker material is of poor bitrate or quality

You need to email Tesla service and request your car’s Slacker user is and password - you have to include your VIN with the request so they can give you that VIN’s userid/password. Then sign in to slacker (on a computer) with those account credentials, go to settings and make sure highest quality/bitrate is selected.

Reactions: Doanster1
@Raechris your question has been answered. I emailed service and they responded in less than one day with my car’s credentials.

Question/poll for everyone else: when the bass is not present, have you tried switching audio sources (XM, BT stream via phone, etc.)? I’m wondering if this is a Slacker issue or not (or slacker in combo with FW update). My bass hasn’t gone away again yet, so can’t confirm, but will run the experiment if it happens again.

@Raechris your question has been answered. I emailed service and they responded in less than one day with my car’s credentials.

Question/poll for everyone else: when the bass is not present, have you tried switching audio sources (XM, BT stream via phone, etc.)? I’m wondering if this is a Slacker issue or not (or slacker in combo with FW update). My bass hasn’t gone away again yet, so can’t confirm, but will run the experiment if it happens again.

In my case it is not limited to just Slacker. I switched over to radio and it was the same situation.

I accidentally realized a few weeks ago that if you move any of the EQ sliders the quality returns.

You beat me to it. I've noticed this twice after two software updates. The EQ was reset to zero but the sliders weren't. As soon as you move ANY slider in any direction up or down even just a notch, the system reads the slider levels and sets the EQ.

My fear is that this is what happened to the OP and that the problem of 30 hz bass being gone hasn't really been fixed.

You need to email Tesla service and request your car’s Slacker user is and password - you have to include your VIN with the request so they can give you that VIN’s userid/password. Then sign in to slacker (on a computer) with those account credentials, go to settings and make sure highest quality/bitrate is selected.
Thank you