Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery % and miles remaining showing incorrectly on instrument cluster after latest software update [on third party display]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Model 3 Owners,
This is my first post on here and happy to be part of the community.

I recently bought a 2023 model 3 performance and absolutely love the car. I can’t stop driving it.

However, I performed the latest software update and a strange thing happened on the instrument cluster. If you notice in the pic, my battery percentage and miles is way off now. I currently only have it charged to ~75% and it shows this. I don’t think it’s a battery issue but a display issue. I did a hard reset last night hoping that would help, but it did not. It may get fixed with a later update, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this?

Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC
What does it display on your main screen, not your third party display? 😁

Best bet is that your third party display is on the fritz; contact the maker. Folks have been complaining that third party accessories are having issues post-update.
No, it’s not Tesla’s problem and complaining to Tesla isn’t going to do anything.
As these devices are not supported, licensed or managed by Tesla, the maker of your device will need to reverse-engineer Tesla’s updates to make it work again.
You’ll need to pursue this with the maker of your device. Good luck.

Reactions: MP3Mike
What does it display on your main screen, not your third party display? 😁

Best bet is that your third party display is on the fritz; contact the maker. Folks have been complaining that third party accessories are having issues post-update.
No, it’s not Tesla’s problem and complaining to Tesla isn’t going to do anything.
As these devices are not supported, licensed or managed by Tesla, the maker of your device will need to reverse-engineer Tesla’s updates to make it work again.
You’ll need to pursue this with the maker of your device. Good luck.
Thank you! I may just wait until the next update to see if that fixes it.

And who makes it 🤷🏻‍♂️
There are several other posts on this forum about this issue and it seems to affect all of the units regardless of manufacturer. I haven't seen any solution posted yet.
From your picture yours appears to be this one:

Reactions: heyitischris
There are several other posts on this forum about this issue and it seems to affect all of the units regardless of manufacturer. I haven't seen any solution posted yet.
From your picture yours appears to be this one:
Yep! That’s exactly who makes it. I just found it too. Thanks for the help.

My recommendation: get rid of that thing. Not having lights in front of you while driving (especially at night) is a benefit of the Model 3.
Especially when it’s displaying bad data (who knows what else is off). Will probably need a separate firmware update too. But if OP didn’t know it’s not a Tesla accessory, he probably will have a bit of a tough time getting it out and reinstalling the original trim.