Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera, Navigation and AP Failure After Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same symptoms, gps stuck, no ap, no distance visualizations, black camera output. My black camera output was intermittent and began before the 2023.38.9 update, but got much worse after that update. After the latest update (which completed normally), i have all of the other symptoms. Tesla cancelled my service appointment as resolved and said all the hardware is functioning properly and they will resolve it with software with no ETA. 2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

Have the same issue for 1 month. Now stuck at r2023.38.9 100% downloaded. frustrating. Has anyone get it fixed now? I have given up calling Tesla or using app to schedule service appointment.
Why have you given up using the app to schedule an appt? I had a problem with a download one time and they had to actually physically hook a laptop up to the car to get it to take, but that fixed it.

Same issue.

2 weeks ago I scheduled a service an appointment and took my car in, got it back last Monday. Got a regular update and installed the update about a day or 2 later, the problem comes back. I tried to schedule another service but my service was cancelled - they basically told me to wait until they fix it in an update. This is really frustrating - I wish I could get a full refund.

Why have you given up using the app to schedule an appt? I had a problem with a download one time and they had to actually physically hook a laptop up to the car to get it to take, but that fixed it.
I used app three times. The first time one worker came only to verify the status. The later two times they cancelled my requests. They say that there will be firmware fix later. But till today with r2023.44.1, it is same issue.

Search under my name as this was discussed in another thread. The computer needs to be physically reset. This allows another update to 2023.38.9 to complete. So far so good...
Good to know. The first time I schedule appointment, the service guy said the hard reset only have 1/3 chance to fix the issue and he recommended me to wait for firmware update, which is not working yet.

I used app three times. The first time one worker came only to verify the status. The later two times they cancelled my requests. They say that there will be firmware fix later. But till today with r2023.44.1, it is same issue.
That's disappointing. They told me it would be fixed with firmware release and you got a new firmware release and its not fixed. Based on their versioning scheme (which looks like year.weekofyear.revision) you got a build from the first week of november.

I’m currently at a service center writing this, brought my 22 MYP in for this issue. I was only losing auto pilot (no FSD option) and cameras on the side while turns signals were actuated. Was diagnosed remotely and was told to computer would need to be replaced. I have about 32k miles on it. I’ll ask what would have happened if out of warranty and if I need to wait for an update to come out and if I have the current firmware.

I’m currently at a service center writing this, brought my 22 MYP in for this issue. I was only losing auto pilot (no FSD option) and cameras on the side while turns signals were actuated. Was diagnosed remotely and was told to computer would need to be replaced. I have about 32k miles on it. I’ll ask what would have happened if out of warranty and if I need to wait for an update to come out and if I have the current firmware.
Keep us updated. Having same issue, wondering if it’s worth it to try and schedule an appointment or just wait for the next update. FWIW I have a mobile tech out right now for a roof rack install and showed him the issue, he said he hadn’t diagnosed this issue yet but had heard it was related to some firmware not agreeing between something written for HW4 and it’s compatibility between HW4 and HW3.

I’ve found letting the car sleep without sentry on for a minimum of 15-20 min will fix the issue for me. Returns once it’s parked in my garage, usually over night.

I was told by SC that it was not caused by the firmware update and that it was a problem with the computer. If it was out of warranty 50k miles it would have been on me to pay, I’ll ask for a quote to get and idea. I asked if the computer was physically damaged and he said no, then I said how can you prove it wasn’t the firmware update. Awkward silence entered the room. I would imagine that here would be a case by case basis, because a failed computer either works or it doesn’t, software can be intermittent. Correct me if I’m “out to lunch” on the software being intermittent.

Nothing is easy.

I was told by SC that it was not caused by the firmware update and that it was a problem with the computer. If it was out of warranty 50k miles it would have been on me to pay, I’ll ask for a quote to get and idea. I asked if the computer was physically damaged and he said no, then I said how can you prove it wasn’t the firmware update. Awkward silence entered the room. I would imagine that here would be a case by case basis, because a failed computer either works or it doesn’t, software can be intermittent. Correct me if I’m “out to lunch” on the software being intermittent.

Nothing is easy.
Thanks for sharing. I will go to SC this weekend too.

Nothing is easy.
Ok interesting. Also one more thing as the tech was leaving this morning, he said all mobile techs had gotten a bulletin sent to them this morning (while he was doing my roof racks) about this very issue. Seems widespread now

Cameras are not working again. Tesla replaced the MCU and the current firmware is 2023.38.9. I’m scheduled with the SC this week for them to look at it again.

I see other posts where people are having the same issue.
SC replaced left fender camera, said that was the issue from what they could read from the car. No issues so far. I also updated the firmware to the newest 2023.44.1

Get my car back with r2023.44.1 installed. GPS and camera working now. Took a few hrs after my drop off at 05:30 pm Tuesday. The service man is nice. Didn't talk much. Will see how long it lasts without software update.