Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera, Navigation and AP Failure After Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, after this latest updated my cameras don't display any images (with blinker on or reverse), map is stuck in a location and won't accurately display location, AP is disabled, garage opener disabled, no lanes or cars on screen. I have performed hard and soft resets, and nothing has fixed the problems. Have an appointment for service and early diagnostic shows the AP computer needs to be replaced... The car only has 44k miles on it and a software update broke it... LOL

The only fix was full FSD computer replacement. The issue was found in the firmware stuck in a loop and the service center was unable to resolve even with reset and Re flash. Mine happened right after a software update.

It is covered under the 50k mile warranty. Also it was no charge. But if after the 50k miles warranty it would be $3,500. I asked about it being past the warranty but caused by the software and they said its a case by case situation if covered.
Okay so I dropped off car Tuesday for tire alignment and they fixed the o ring for the trunk. The car was suppose to be done today at 8;45pm cause they had added the gos and camera not working. They moved the estimate just now to Saturday 5pm.

Is it normal to delay estimate? How long will this take? Maybe a part was needed.

This happened to me after updating to 2023.32.6 I am running on 2023 Model Y LR. the fix for me was 12v battery unplug and unplugging the cable below the rear right seat.

wondering those who had this happened in the past, did it happen again? Did you have tesla do any diagnostics on the sensors/computer/etc ?

This happened to me after updating to 2023.32.6 I am running on 2023 Model Y LR. the fix for me was 12v battery unplug and unplugging the cable below the rear right seat.

wondering those who had this happened in the past, did it happen again? Did you have tesla do any diagnostics on the sensors/computer/etc ?
I did what you described and did not fix the issue. My problem was an error in firmware that could not be rewritten. Tesla even tried to rewrite the firmware.

Just received a message from Tesla Services mentioned that the issues (no camera, no gps) I am experiencing is a characteristic of the current firmware version (2023.38.4) which Tesla engineering teams are working on correcting this in a future over the air update. Tesla has requested me to cancel my current appt since there is no hardware faults for the service team to address.

Just received a message from Tesla Services mentioned that the issues (no camera, no gps) I am experiencing is a characteristic of the current firmware version (2023.38.4) which Tesla engineering teams are working on correcting this in a future over the air update. Tesla has requested me to cancel my current appt since there is no hardware faults for the service team to address.
Interesting. Dropped mine off today (computer was replaced last week for these issues, only to return). Asked if they didn't think it was a firmware issue or if they've had other vehicles with same symptoms lately. "nope"

I did what you described and did not fix the issue. My problem was an error in firmware that could not be rewritten. Tesla even tried to rewrite the firmware.
I'm thinking the issue was in the computer for a while but didn't manifest itself until there was a firmware error. Who would have known that the firmware couldn't be rewritten unless you try to rewrite it?

After doing a hard reset (disconnecting & reconnecting 12v), all the cameras are back on for now as well as GPS location is getting updated. The car also installed the 2023.38.6 firmware (before the hard reset, it was stuck at downloading 100%). Let's see how long the camera will stay alive for. I am going to leave my sentry mode on for now to keep the car awake.

Reactions: Eric9610