Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Charge Level Upon Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was home delivered with ZERO. And, since I live on a dirt road, the delivery driver met me at a rest stop. He unloaded and then asked where the chargers were, and I told him there were no chargers there, but there were superchargers 10miles away at another rest stop. I had to push the car back onto his semi, it was that dead. Got it to the other rest stop and charged for over an hour. Thank goodness it was fine.
IMG_0805 copy.jpg

Mine was home delivered with ZERO. And, since I live on a dirt road, the delivery driver met me at a rest stop. He unloaded and then asked where the chargers were, and I told him there were no chargers there, but there were superchargers 10miles away at another rest stop. I had to push the car back onto his semi, it was that dead. Got it to the other rest stop and charged for over an hour. Thank goodness it was fine.
View attachment 827189
Wow, you could push such a heavy car up a ramp to the back of a semi! Your name must be Clark Kent.

I live in New Mexico, which despite having a new showroom/repair center/delivery center opened on Indian land near Santa Fe over nine months ago still meant I had to pick up my Model Y in Colorado Springs in March 2022. The delivery folks made a point of saying it was charged up to 100%. As it was 130 miles to the first Supercharger in Trinidad, CO, I'm glad they did not hand it to me at 50%, but from a long-term health point of view, I'd have preferred 90 to 100.