Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Charge Level Will Be Restricted. FML.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drive it there and leave fob in drop box.
We all wonder what will happen when our warranty runs out? I talked to Fremont, lady was very nice. She said that is a major topic at planning meetings. They have a few years to get a plan, publish it, get us all informed. Ie, new pack with 8 year warranty.
But i dont want a 90 replacement. They are not as good as my P85. I want a 100 pack.

Nothing, just sell it. The original pack is supposed to follow the car, not the owner. So ostensibly, the new owner will get a notification that their pack is ready to be swapped back. In practice, it seems most people just end up running with the loaner pack forever.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd
The service center informed me today that my entire HV battery (vs. a module) needs to be replaced. The replacement has been ordered, but it will take “some time” to get it - I should receive the ETA by a Friday. I will also be informed whether this will be a new pack or a loaner pack. If a loaner and it is permanent, then I will insist that it needs to be one with the same or fewer charge cycles than mine. Not sure how this would be known...

Got my car back yesterday - took just 7 business days including resolving a few other items. I received a new 90kWh battery (not a loaner). Just charged to 90%, got 240 rated miles (my old 85 got 229). Here’s the battery label;

Attachments

• 57E68ACE-9776-499D-B192-B1426C53B720.jpeg
    57E68ACE-9776-499D-B192-B1426C53B720.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 139
Got home, battery read 124, parked it for 20 minutes, turned it on to 36 miles. Now it won’t charge at all and I’ve got the same message, battery drained to 11 miles. Good thing that service center is only 70 miles away! Hooray!

Seems to still be calibrating. 90% is now 244 miles. I’ll do a range charge soon to see what I get.
Did you end up keeping the 90kwh pack? Or did they fix the 85 and put that back in? I have a p85 and the message popped up today and dropped off the car at the service center. Just want to know what experience others have had. Thanks

I kept the brand new 90 kWh pack, and I am quite happy with it.

Interesting note: In addition to the increased range, it also seems to be more efficient (if that is even possible) - my driving style and routine have not changed yet my average consumption has dropped from 324 Wh/mi (first 57k miles) to 304 Wh/mi (most recent 6.5k miles) since the battery swap. I do understand other variables can affect efficiency such as weather, tire pressure, etc. but this was a fairly pronounced change immediately after the swap.

I kept the brand new 90 kWh pack, and I am quite happy with it.

Interesting note: In addition to the increased range, it also seems to be more efficient (if that is even possible) - my driving style and routine have not changed yet my average consumption has dropped from 324 Wh/mi (first 57k miles) to 304 Wh/mi (most recent 6.5k miles) since the battery swap. I do understand other variables can affect efficiency such as weather, tire pressure, etc. but this was a fairly pronounced change immediately after the swap.

Nice to hear. I hope they swap mine for a new 90kwh pack considering I just bought the car November 2nd.

Do you now supercharge at 120kw instead of 90kw max?