Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Life Report - Insights Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to get some clarity about my car's battery life based on the following information;

It's a 2016 X 90D with around 86k miles, and the maximum est range I've been able to get is 230 vs the 257 advertised for the original 2016 vehicle.

The HV battery has DC charged 10735.4kWH - which accounts for 30.76% of total charging

The CAC is 214 AH.

Does this data indicate that the battery is damaged or defective?

Thanks for any insights!

Does this data indicate that the battery is damaged or defective?
Damaged? Of course. ALL batteries begin to be damaged from the very day after they come off the assembly line. Batteries lose capacity with age; that's just reality. Defective? No, doesn't seem like it.

230 out of 257 is about 89%, so it's down 11% capacity from new. For a 6 year old car, that's not really out of the norm.

Reactions: jboy210
Damaged? Of course. ALL batteries begin to be damaged from the very day after they come off the assembly line. Batteries lose capacity with age; that's just reality. Defective? No, doesn't seem like it.

230 out of 257 is about 89%, so it's down 11% capacity from new. For a 6 year old car, that's not really out of the norm.

Esp considering it's a 90

I have a Model X P90D and with 51,000 miles at 80% charge range is 235 and at 100% charge it was around 255 miles. The past several months have been cooler than normal, and lately around 65 to 75 which seems to be the perfect temps for range and even though it is a ludicrous and ludicrous+ we drive in chill mode.

I have a Model X P90D and with 51,000 miles at 80% charge range is 235 and at 100% charge it was around 255 miles. The past several months have been cooler than normal, and lately around 65 to 75 which seems to be the perfect temps for range and even though it is a ludicrous and ludicrous+ we drive in chill mode.
u must have a lot of self control :)

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
here's my stats, seems like 10% degradation, -A pack. I think its pretty good.
question for more experienced drivers, is BMS max charge what i can expect to be able to DC charge at?

1665072066862.png