Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arranging insurance quote or coverage is one that comes to my mind. My company (Allstate) said they needed it so they could quote accurately and to issue a temporary card showing coverage.

And I guess it's a psychological thing that says the end may finally be in sight.

Indeed. But all of that (insurance etc) can be done within a week ... which is when Tesla releases the VIN.

47 days. Still waiting for VIN.

Pearl White, LR, Sport, EAP

Hey, I'm thinking that a batch of pearl white cars may be coming off the line. My config is exactly like yours, my edit link disappeared this morning, and I called into Tesla and confirmed that my car is "almost done being built," there is a VIN assigned, but they could not give it to me (have to wait for the advisor to call me). Yours might be incoming soon.

Reserved June 2017
Configured June 27, 2018
Edit link disappeared, and confirmed I have an assigned VIN July 12, 2018

Reactions: RandyBug
Yay!!!!!!!! Finally some movement! @MissyMcBee Could it be....Edit Link gone overnight. Best Birthday present ever! I know I don't have my car but I will take this.
Everyone has been asking what do you want for your birthday and I said my car of course.
Happy Birthday!!! That’s the best present ever! Mine is at the end is the month so my present comes early on Sunday! Woo!! Have a fantastic day and keep an eye on your email and account!! Good times are a coming!! :p

Reactions: daver6640
Delivery is the new bottleneck!

Yup! Yesterday afternoon, hours before my delivery was SUPPOSED to happen (before it was pushed by a week) they actually activated my car on the Tesla app. I can see my car is in the Fremont delivery center building. I was playing around with all of the screens. Was trying to avoid modifying anything, but accidentally clicked on a climate control arrow and it gave me the "unable to communicate with car" error; sounds like they (wisely) put me in a read-only mode. As of today it's deactivated/removed from my app.

Hopefully the delivery is re-scheduled to next week rather than pushed even further.

Almost there. April 1, 2016 morning online reservation, 6/27 invite to configure and configured White, RWD, Aero, no EAP.

7/15 Sunday night: Just flipped the no-trade-in option to trade-in and got a new dialog box that wanted me to confirm my pre-filled phone number to have Tesla text me the info about the trade-in self evaluation. When I clicked through, there was no edit link to be found (that's new for today) and there was an accompanying message that said if I wanted to switch back to no trade-in I'd have to talk to my ISA, who has not called yet. I just pressed the back button and switched the form back to no trade-in myself to get back to an all green check mark status.

Waiting for that hotline bling ... that can only mean one thing.

I ordered an AWD with the delivery eta as Sept-Nov.

What was weird it said my location requires home delivery? I'm in Union City, ~20mins from the factory.

It's randomly being assigned ... some folks in Fremont have gotten home delivery as well as those in SF.

7/15 Sunday night: Just flipped the no-trade-in option to trade-in and got a new dialog box that wanted me to confirm my pre-filled phone number to have Tesla text me the info about the trade-in self evaluation. When I clicked through, there was no edit link to be found (that's new for today) and there was an accompanying message that said if I wanted to switch back to no trade-in I'd have to talk to my ISA, who has not called yet. I just pressed the back button and switched the form back to no trade-in myself to get back to an all green check mark status.

Tesla trade-in can be a hit or miss. They do match CarMax quotes, if that's an option for you.

But neither is going to beat the private sale prices (if you have the time to go through this).

Almost there. April 1, 2016 morning online reservation, 6/27 invite to configure and configured White, RWD, Aero, no EAP.

Waiting for that hotline bling ... that can only mean one thing.

Same with me last night. I checked yesterday morning, and edit link was there. When I checked again last night, I saw that it was gone after the whole trade-in text. I was actually able to switch back to no trade-in though. There was a small little back button (did it thru my iPhone) on the trade-in bubble that allowed me to go back to the 'yes' and 'no' option page.

What's usually the norm once the edit button is gone? Contact from ISA within 2 days? How long after that before delivery?

Day 1 online reservation holder, April 2018 invite, June 25 configuration. White/RWD/Sport/no EAP

Hey, I'm thinking that a batch of pearl white cars may be coming off the line. My config is exactly like yours, my edit link disappeared this morning, and I called into Tesla and confirmed that my car is "almost done being built," there is a VIN assigned, but they could not give it to me (have to wait for the advisor to call me). Yours might be incoming soon.

Reserved June 2017
Configured June 27, 2018
Edit link disappeared, and confirmed I have an assigned VIN July 12, 2018

Seems to be the case. Picking up the car on 20th with a VIN 50xxx. 8 weeks from config to delivery.

I guess I technically don't have my VIN yet. Been in contact with my ISA since last week. As of Friday my car was in "final production/testing," but I don't have the VIN number or delivery date yet. My ISA is out today so I should get an update tomorrow.

Configured 4/20
MSM RWD Aero PUP FSD
San Francisco

Reactions: MissyMcBee