Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Tint Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's gonna be expensive! If you wanna be a tester. We can order a roll of SolarFx Ceramic tint and do it ourselves. The rear window is gonna be fun to try. $300 for all windows with the rear done in one piece. Not joking either.... haha

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting my window's tinted 3M crystalline Sides + Rear one piece for $900 at Mr. Tint in San Jose.

Is this too much? any other recommendations? I called OCDetailing and they quoted me $1300 for 3M Crystalline.

Thanks!

Mr Tint sucks. I used them several years ago and when I brought it back to show them bubbles they said it's dust they said I was too picky. Horrible customer service.

I find that with things like this, the materials cost is not the driver of the overall cost. It really is the skills of the installer, and hence the labor cost. So like everything else in this world, you get pretty much what you pay for. If it wasn't the fact that the back window is so specialized, I would agree that OCD or Premier is expensive, but it is difficult thing to install and they both do a good job.

Had mine tint done at Wheel Xperts Clear Bra at San Jose. Think they did a pretty decent job. 3M Crystalline 40% front door, 20% rear door and 70% rear windshield in single piece. $750 total for the tint. I also had my Xpel Ultimate full front done there 3 weeks ago as well. There were a few bubbles on the day of installation but they all went away within a week. Only 1 bubble didn't go away and they flatten it up for me afterward.
If you ended up using them, then mention Chris with a red Tesla Model 3 if you don't mind. He'd give me discount on future jobs. Not that I have anything else planned for my TM3, but just in case :)

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 896
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 811
Reactions: doofenshmirtz
Had mine tint done at Wheel Xperts Clear Bra at San Jose. Think they did a pretty decent job. 3M Crystalline 40% front door, 20% rear door and 70% rear windshield in single piece. $750 total for the tint. I also had my Xpel Ultimate full front done there 3 weeks ago as well. There were a few bubbles on the day of installation but they all went away within a week. Only 1 bubble didn't go away and they flatten it up for me afterward.
If you ended up using them, then mention Chris with a red Tesla Model 3 if you don't mind. He'd give me discount on future jobs. Not that I have anything else planned for my TM3, but just in case :)

Thanks I’ll definately give them a call!

What did you end up paying for the Xpel full front?? Thanks in advance.

Check out Transparent Glass Coatings of Monterey Bay. They're based in Santa Cruz but may be worth the travel. I had all four windows done for $258 with Formula One Llumar Pinnacle series (the middle range). They did a terrific job and have done quite a few Model 3s. Back windshield would double the price but still a good deal compared to prices listed above.

Check out Transparent Glass Coatings of Monterey Bay. They're based in Santa Cruz but may be worth the travel. I had all four windows done for $258 with Formula One Llumar Pinnacle series (the middle range). They did a terrific job and have done quite a few Model 3s. Back windshield would double the price but still a good deal compared to prices listed above.
Would you still recommend? Any bubbles etc?

Did you go with them? any feedback if you went with them?
i did end up going with them. Took about 4-5 hours but the installation was top notch. Probably one of the best installs i have seen. Little to no air bubbles.

i went with 25% llumar f1 pinnacle ceramic all around except windshield and front moonroof

as someone with high expectations - they exceeded them

Attachments

• IMG_7385.JPG
    IMG_7385.JPG
    935 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_7341.JPG
    IMG_7341.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 484