TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area Tint Advice

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by jasonmason, Apr 16, 2018.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting my window's tinted 3M crystalline Sides + Rear one piece for $900 at Mr. Tint in San Jose.

Is this too much? any other recommendations? I called OCDetailing and they quoted me $1300 for 3M Crystalline.

Thanks!

• Funny x 1
  2. sroh

sroh Member

I'm interested also. I plan to call Premier in Fremont, but I'm concerned the quote is gonna cause me to faint. Thanks for the info on OCDetailing. I was going to call them also.

3. chilman408

chilman408 Member

Yeh, as far as I can tell Mr Tint will give you the best price in the BA. They are busy as hell.

• Like x 1
  4. Fusion

Fusion Member

It's gonna be expensive! If you wanna be a tester. We can order a roll of SolarFx Ceramic tint and do it ourselves. The rear window is gonna be fun to try. $300 for all windows with the rear done in one piece. Not joking either.... haha

5. kev1n

kev1n Active Member

$1300? thats insane, thats like a 50% markup because its a tesla lol

OCD probably does a good job but i dont like how they mark up their prices

• Like x 2
  6. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Mr Tint sucks. I used them several years ago and when I brought it back to show them bubbles they said it's dust they said I was too picky. Horrible customer service.

7. dhu1

dhu1 Member

I find that with things like this, the materials cost is not the driver of the overall cost. It really is the skills of the installer, and hence the labor cost. So like everything else in this world, you get pretty much what you pay for. If it wasn't the fact that the back window is so specialized, I would agree that OCD or Premier is expensive, but it is difficult thing to install and they both do a good job.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Member

Had mine tint done at Wheel Xperts Clear Bra at San Jose. Think they did a pretty decent job. 3M Crystalline 40% front door, 20% rear door and 70% rear windshield in single piece. $750 total for the tint. I also had my Xpel Ultimate full front done there 3 weeks ago as well. There were a few bubbles on the day of installation but they all went away within a week. Only 1 bubble didn't go away and they flatten it up for me afterward.
    If you ended up using them, then mention Chris with a red Tesla Model 3 if you don't mind. He'd give me discount on future jobs. Not that I have anything else planned for my TM3, but just in case :)

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Thanks I’ll definately give them a call!

10. Fusion

Fusion Member

What did you end up paying for the Xpel full front?? Thanks in advance.

11. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Member

It was $1450 for me, which covers hood, bumper, fender, headlight, side mirrors, door edge guard for 4 door and luggage area (Don't know how to describe it, but top of rear bumper near your trunk opening)

12. sroh

sroh Member

enzo, that's a good price if that included then full hood.

13. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Member

Yes full hood was included

14. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Here are some videos showing what Photosync looks like:

Photosync 45 sides and rear + 75 windshield on gray Model 3

Photosync 35 sides and rear + 75 windshield on white Model 3

Phtoosync 35 sides and rear + 75 windshield interior video of Model 3

• Like x 1
  15. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Thanks for the info. How much would 4 windows photo sync and back windshield? And how long would it take?

16. KDGr

KDGr Member

Check out Transparent Glass Coatings of Monterey Bay. They're based in Santa Cruz but may be worth the travel. I had all four windows done for $258 with Formula One Llumar Pinnacle series (the middle range). They did a terrific job and have done quite a few Model 3s. Back windshield would double the price but still a good deal compared to prices listed above.

17. zyzz

zyzz Member

im getting quoted $559 at transparent glass coatings - ceramic film w/ one piece rear

Is this my best bet?

18. FJHulk

FJHulk Member

Would you still recommend? Any bubbles etc?

19. FJHulk

FJHulk Member

Did you go with them? any feedback if you went with them?

20. zyzz

zyzz Member

i did end up going with them. Took about 4-5 hours but the installation was top notch. Probably one of the best installs i have seen. Little to no air bubbles.

i went with 25% llumar f1 pinnacle ceramic all around except windshield and front moonroof

as someone with high expectations - they exceeded them

Attached Files: