Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC and (new) Referral Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do they take delivery? It'll be interesting to see if the supercharge shows up in your account. Maybe an option is to show an Alberta address instead, so it shows km instead of miles earne.
It worked out as a bit of a bonus to use a US address. I was awarded 5000 miles and when I changed my address back to BC it switched to 8046 km. Not that I’ll use that much in six months but I did get 546 extra. I also super charged last night and everything worked.

I personally think they are honoring the referral bonus in BC now even though they say BC is exempt. I changed my address because I had read they were not giving anyone in BC the bonus. Hopefully someone will will confirm,I can confirm changing your address works but it may be unnecessary.

“Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the expiration date by 6 months.”

Mine is showing 7500km+7500km minus the 600km I've used so far

For example, I bought my tesla May 1st 2019 and took delivery June 1st 2019. I got 7500km expiring Dec 1st 2019 (June 1st + 6 months).
But my friend used me as referral July 1st 2019 and I will get 1000km. Now, the expiration will be Jan 1st 2020 (July 1st 2019 + 6 months) ..... or June 1st 2020 (Dec 1st 2019 + 6 months)?

Last edited:
I picked up my model 3 on June 10th, along with 7500 kms from a referral code I used. I also received another 15000 kms for 2 referrals off my code, both cars delivered and kms put into my loot box, for a total of 22,000 kms.

Today I noticed all my real kms are gone. No email, no notice at all.

I'm a bc resident, I assume they were taken due to not being eligable? Interestingly enough, the two people I referred both still have their kms.

Has this happened to anyone else? I emailed the referral program.

You set it back to Canadian address?

Yes once they were awarded and I supercharged and everything worked I figured I was safe. I have always been a BC resident and I knew I did not qualify. A friend wanted my code so I figured I might as well set an address outside of BC and try my luck. I knew that even by posting about doing this there was a good chance Tesla would find out.

I emailed just asking where I can check my balance..... after I noticed they were gone.

I didn't bring up the bc resident problem... I have not heard back yet.
Ooh maybe I have avoided this issue.. Last week I switched the address to a USA address. I got my initial 7500 on my Canadian address then later switched to us address anticipating getting 1000miles instead of 1500km shortly for a referral bonus from a friends purchase this week.
I guess I will leave it as USA address until I have a need for it to be Canadian..

Reactions: hohohong