Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before buying your Tesla, did you ever Test Drive one?

Before buying your Tesla, did you ever Test Drive one?

• Yes, I test drove the exact model

Votes: 68 30.1%
  • Yes, but it was a different model (LR vs SR, S vs X etc)

Votes: 49 21.7%
  • No, but I had sat in one in the show room

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • No, but I had been in someone elses Tesla which made me decide to buy

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • No, but I had been in a different manufacturers EV which made me decide to buy

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • No, but I have had a good look at one from the outside

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • No, but decided to buy from the reviews etc

Votes: 46 20.4%
  • I didn't have a clue what I was buying

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were looking now, I would certainly consider the Polestar 2, although I do have some reservations around Android Automotive based on my experience of Android tablets trashing their own NAND after a year or so to the point where they’re slow beyond usable. As a car it’s a stunner though!

In reality, I don’t really need a car at the moment, and either is an expensive driveway ornament…
Android tablets have improved. My Samsung is the bomb. Barely need my laptop for work now. That would be one of the main draws to me. The interior is where you spend most of your time and it is just way more me than Tesla’s Spartan affair

Consider the Polestar2? OK its different from a Tesla but in my eyes the car just doesn't come close to a match, I priced up the Polestar2 to the level of the M3P and its a Tad over £62K, slower, much shorter range, Its not a true EV design - just a Volvo conversion of an existing platform, No dedicated charge network and only a 3 year warranty _ it wouldn't be my choice that's for sure and if Tesla didn't exist (I suspect the Polestar would never have been created but i digress) The Polestar wouldn't be the vehicle that would attract me over to a BEV.
The good thing about the Polestar is that its one of so many others including the big boys to develop a full BEV range and competition for Tesla can only be a good thing for the future of BEV development.

Consider the Polestar2? OK its different from a Tesla but in my eyes the car just doesn't come close to a match, I priced up the Polestar2 to the level of the M3P and its a Tad over £62K, slower, much shorter range, Its not a true EV design - just a Volvo conversion of an existing platform, No dedicated charge network and only a 3 year warranty _ it wouldn't be my choice that's for sure and if Tesla didn't exist (I suspect the Polestar would never have been created but i digress) The Polestar wouldn't be the vehicle that would attract me over to a BEV.
The good thing about the Polestar is that its one of so many others including the big boys to develop a full BEV range and competition for Tesla can only be a good thing for the future of BEV development.
I guess what you want out of a car. Build quality is far superior and the interior and controls are much better.